Where In The Philippines Are You?

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

The plan is to move Carcar's market to an area which is just a short distance North of the Gaisano. Work is being done on the land to get it ready. It was a low land rice field so it didn't seem like the ideal place for the market but I guess the Mayor owns it so that's where its going. Will take a lot of dirt to get the ground high enough. When finished this should help alleviate some of the traffic in the center of town.

Where are they putting the new Gaisano Metro? They already announced that a few months ago with a completion date of late this year. I had heard it was going in the same area north of the existing Gaisano "Grande".

For the past couple of years road work has been going on that most passers through probably haven't seen. In the USA it would be called a bypass because it allows you to bypass the town.  In Carcar they are calling it the diversion road. All traffic going North or South will be able to bypass the town.

Getting the non-local traffic off the main road would alleviate a lot of the problem.

Gaisano Metro is being constructed about 400 or 500 meters North of Gaisano Grande on the same side of the highway. And, straight across the highway is where the market will be. Both places are under construction and can be seen when traveling past them. I know when you are driving you don't notice much because you're so busy watching the traffic and all the road hazards.

The Diversion Road will save a lot of time for traffic heading North, South or going to West to Barili. When doing South from Cebu City towards Carcar the Diversion Road will start on the right side near Camellia and will go to the Barili highway just West of Carcar. To take the Diversion Road going South to Argao you will turn left somewhere near the market. That part of the road hasn't been completed yet but I believe the road will be before you arrive at the market. The Diversion Road going South comes out on the highway a short distance South from the circle or round about. From there you can turn left towards Argao or continue straight across the highway on the Diversion road and you will come out on the Barili Highway. I have ridden on that part a few times last year. It was still a dirt road and I think it still is. Progress is very slow so it may be 2 or 3 more years before the road is completed, but we may be allow to drive on parts of it before its paved.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

cebu rocks
Posted
Posted

Moalboal has a fair amount of crime mostly tourist getting ripped off from there rooms

Most times through a open window at the nicer resorts

I was drinking with the vice chief last weekend he said never leave money or valuables in your room

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
For the past couple of years road work has been going on that most passers through probably haven't seen. In the USA it would be called a bypass because it allows you to bypass the town. In Carcar they are calling it the diversion road. All traffic going North or South will be able to bypass the town.
That's good.

(Since I wrote the coment about better build roads around city propers, I have noticed on map they have added such road in Butuan too.)

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I was drinking with the vice chief last weekend he said never leave money or valuables in your room
Better not leave money in room, and better not bring them when going out, because of the robbery risk  = better have no money?   :lol:
  • Like 2