Jollibee Salaries

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

The site that was referenced only lists the registered vehicles for the country. Several other sites have suggested that unregistered cars may raise this to almost 5 out of 10. Include other private forms of transportation and the number sits at 7.5 without unregistered vehicles.

care to explain why car ownership in Thailand is over 200 per thousand, when in the Philippines it is 30? Is it only in the Philippines where it is not totally unknown for people drive unregistered vehicles? Why is the Thai figure so high, and increasing whereas the Philippines figure is low, and staying the same?

Why would they when public transportation is so cheap?

it is only cheap if you are a rich foreigner like us. A jeepney ride is 8 pesos which does not sound much does it. However it is a fifth of the 39 pesos an hour workers in Jollibee get paid. And a job in Jollibee is very well paid and highly sought after. Most people in those kind of jobs in the Philippiones, like waitress in a carinderia, get paid a lot less than the 39 pesos an hour people get paid in Jollibee. More like 20 or 25 pesos an hour. And that is if they have a job at all. If you are being paid 25 pesos an hour, then that means a jeepney ride of 8 pesos represents like 3 US dollars for a short ride in the time it takes you to earn the money (i.e. about 20 minutes work) at minimum wage type level. 8 pesos might be cheap to you. But it is not cheap if you are the Siomai girl at the stall on Mango Square.

Just phoned Grace's niece who works in jollibee.  She gets 80php as a trainee crew hand. plus free drinks and food plus a share of the bonus if the weekly target is met. .  

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just phoned Grace's niece who works in jollibee.  She gets 80php as a trainee crew hand.

Please clarify if you mean per day, per wek, per hour, or what.  I know a lot of gals who work for 100 pesos a day so 80 per day as a trainee would not be out of line, legal or not.

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

thats per hour jollibee standard wage in the philippines

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'd sure like to see clarification on that.  Its something I cannot believe.  Cannot say you are wrong as I have no facts but if it sounds too good to be true,  etc.. . .

EDIT:  Since it sounded too good to be true I had to Google it.  I still have difficulty believing but here is another opinion that shows you are right.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Jollibee-Salaries-E22569.htm

2nd Edit:  Tell ya what, for that kind of money I'd be tempted to work there myself if I needed a supplement to my pension.  80 x 8 = 640 pesos a day, I'm living on not much more than that and supporting a gf who eats western style.

3rd Edit:  Something is not right though as the same site lists McDonalds wages as half that.

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/McDonald-s-Philippines-Salaries-EI_IE432.0,10_IL.11,22_IN204.htm

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

In WHOLE Philippines???

Perhaps in Manila, but sound much to much elsewhere. That's what an examed TEACHER earn in province...

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

Jollibee is classed as one of the best employers in the Philippines and is why they are looking to expand their US market and move into Canada and europe .  Their profits this year are amazing but that's probably down to me which will stop now that they've stopped serving coffee floats and creamy mashed potato.   The other thing is Jollibee provides free training certain other fast food outlets deduct a certain amount for training so I was told.

i am bob
Posted
Posted

In WHOLE Philippines???

Perhaps in Manila, but sound much to much elsewhere. That's what an examed TEACHER earn in province...

That's right Thomas!  You can actually make more than a teacher in the province if you work at JollyBee.   Teachers in the Philippines haven't priced themselves out of work by continually striking for more money over the years - though I also agree that teachers in the Philippines (in general) are underpaid.

Thomas
Posted
Posted

In WHOLE Philippines???

That's right Thomas!  You can actually make more than a teacher in the province if you work at JollyBee.   Teachers in the Philippines haven't priced themselves out of work by continually striking for more money over the years - though I also agree that teachers in the Philippines (in general) are underpaid.

Teacher salary was just an example. Others with college/university exams earn litle too.  So why bother to get higher exams, if they can earn same at JollyBee??   :)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Because you have to be young and very attractive to get hired (or know somebody) and the jobs are only good for a couple years. Like most retail.

• Like 1

crad
Posted
Posted

In WHOLE Philippines???

that is definitely what they get in Cebu. And they might even get more than that now, as that was 2 years ago, when my my girl at that time's brother was working there, which she was very pleased about as being his elder sister she was glad he was earning a bit as otherwise she was would have been obliged to pay all his college tuition, just as her elder sister had paid for hers. If somebody says that they get 80 an hour in a Jollibee, then they are having a laugh at you. 39 pesos an hour is still very high wages for these kind of jobs in the Philippines though. Plenty of people are getting 100 a day or even less for working 12-15 hour shifts in carinderias. And Jollibee pay, while much more handsome than most, is still not all that much. 60 hours a week over a month at 39 pesos an hour is still only 10,000 gross.