Jollibee Salaries

i am bob
Posted
Posted

thats per hour jollibee standard wage in the philippines

In WHOLE Philippines???

Perhaps in Manila, but sound much to much elsewhere. That's what an examed TEACHER earn in province...

that is definitely what they get in Cebu. And they might even get more than that now, as that was 2 years ago, when my my girl at that time's brother was working there, which she was very pleased about as being his elder sister she was glad he was earning a bit as otherwise she was would have been obliged to pay all his college tuition, just as her elder sister had paid for hers. If somebody says that they get 80 an hour in a Jollibee, then they are having a laugh at you. 39 pesos an hour is still very high wages for these kind of jobs in the Philippines though. Plenty of people are getting 100 a day or even less for working 12-15 hour shifts in carinderias. And Jollibee pay, while much more handsome than most, is still not all that much. 60 hours a week over a month at 39 pesos an hour is still only 10,000 gross.

I really have no idea if you are agreeing or denying that people at JollyBees get paid P80 or not.  

As my Special Someone worked there over this past summer and was there also most of the previous year, I really doubt she would tell me she got paid more that she really did - which was P81 and not P39.  In Cebu. Maybe it's that particular store?  Who knows...  I just know what she told me she was paid.

Thomas
Posted
Posted
(to crad)  I really have no idea if you are agreeing or denying that people at JollyBees get paid P80 or not. As my Special Someone worked there over this past summer and was there also most of the previous year, I really doubt she would tell me she got paid more that she really did - which was P81 and not P39. In Cebu. Maybe it's that particular store? Who knows... I just know what she told me she was paid.
  I don't understand either if crad agreed or not  :)

I have no idea if your Special Someone do it or not, but it's rather common Filipins like to brag and tell it's better than  it is,

BUT now we have heared around 80 from more than one sourse so it seem corect.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

(to crad)  I really have no idea if you are agreeing or denying that people at JollyBees get paid P80 or not. As my Special Someone worked there over this past summer and was there also most of the previous year, I really doubt she would tell me she got paid more that she really did - which was P81 and not P39. In Cebu. Maybe it's that particular store? Who knows... I just know what she told me she was paid.

I don't understand either if crad agreed or not  :)

I have no idea if your Special Someone do it or not, but it's rather common Filipins like to brag and tell it's better than  it is,

BUT now we have heared around 80 from more than one sourse so it seem corect.

I can't see her lying either... The lower amount she would say meant I would have have given her more for her to work on her Masters Degree.

crad
Posted
Posted

it must be the language barrier or something. But there is no way, no way at all, anywhere in the Philippines, that Jollibee workers are getting paid 80 pesos an hour. Anybody that knows the first thing at all about pay for workers in the Philippines is just going to laugh their heads off at such a notion. Some people in carinderias and shops like bakeries, especially in the province but probably also in even Manila, never mind Cebu, are getting less than 80 pesos A DAY.

crad
Posted
Posted (edited)

why not try getting answers about their pay, from 200 or 2000 people about their pay. Why settle, just for one.

it is a totally ludicrous suggestion that workers in Jollibee are getting 80 pesos an hour. They are not getting anything close to 80 pesos an hour unless maybe, and this is the Philippines.

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
Removed personal comment

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

I had found the link that Dave posted:

http://www.glassdoor.com/Salary/Jollibee-Salaries-E22569.htm

and what is apparent there is that kitchen help makes about half of what service staff make, p40 vs. p80 an hour.  I have no idea if that site has accurate information.

That makes sense as kitchen staff probably does not have an English or educational requirement, and the service staff out front probably need a "degree", decent English, and reasonably good looks.

Added by edit:  Actually I doubt that a college degree is required because a lot of students are working there while trying to get their degree.  Maybe a high school diploma or whatever they call it.

It would seem that there would be regional differences in pay too.  Here in Subic people make more that some other areas.

Edited by OnMyWay

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted
I had found the link that Dave posted: http://www.glassdoor...ries-E22569.htm

I don't know man... should I believe this... or our expert Crad?

Damn, that ain't bad pay!    :tiphat:

fred
Posted
Posted

Good thread this. I was very pleasantly shocked to learn how much the staff there earn here in the R.P!!  Well done Jollibee!

I still wont eat there though!!

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Well done Jollibee!

I still wont eat there though!!

Have to agree with you fred, went yesterday for lunch, never again, some member did mention that the locals only eat chicken/rice and spaghetti there, seem a lot of them were doing a pretty good job on the burgers and large cokes.

• Like 2