Jollibee Salaries

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Ask anyone who works there what they like best....

They will look at you with a very strange look!  Eat that food?

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I imagine you are joking, but I did a lot of googling because the topic is fascinating.  What I found in 'Employee Reviews of Jollibee Philippines' was a vast number of employees of Jolibee commenting that what they liked best was the free meal.

Fascinating.  They are making 80 pesos an hour and think the free lunch is the best thing about the job.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Fascinating.  They are making 80 pesos an hour and think the free lunch is the best thing about the job.

Don't you just love em! They say it, as it is (Well Most of the time) To the rest of us, we have always been told " No such thing as a Free lunch" but watching their output, they have earned it, I seldom see, a loitering member of staff.

• Like 1

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just find it very intriguing that a Jolibee's worker makes about as much as a fully trained Tech Support person at a major call center does.

Edited by Steve & Myrlita
  • Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I just find it very intriguing that a Jolibee's worker makes about as much as a fully trained Tech Support person at a major call center does.

I bet they find it intriguing too. I can imagine a labor revolt on the horizon as the rewards for work are becoming disproportionate to the skills of the workers.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I bet they find it intriguing too. I can imagine a labor revolt on the horizon as the rewards for work are becoming disproportionate to the skills of the workers.

To a degree and controlled properly Dave, I think that this just, what is needed here, to uplift some other wages for a better living for Employees, maybe the owners and other Fat Cats, will just have, to spend some of the Colossal profits we read about and care a little more for the people that  help produce it.

:tiphat:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve how are you??

Now, Bearing in mind the old saying, " If, you pay Peanuts, you will get Monkeys" coupled with the fact, that JB want to expand in the US and Move into European Territory, they must come up to scratch with Employment laws of other Countries. so by proving they are a good employer and treat their employees more than fairly in their own Country, a good salary is the best place to start.

I can't talk about the US but for Europe, the minimum wage thing will be gone into very deeply. Being the Best Employer In the PI will not always stand up in other countries so, they are, to me anyway, starting the right way round, to gain the Confidence of other Countries HR people and Government Regulations. having a happy Workforce here, can only stand them in good Stead 

My Opinion Only but it makes sense.

• Like 1

fred
Posted
Posted

Hi Steve how are you??

Now, Bearing in mind the old saying, " If, you pay Peanuts, you will get Monkeys" coupled with the fact, that JB want to expand in the US and Move into European Territory, they must come up to scratch with Employment laws of other Countries. so by proving they are a good employer and treat their employees more than fairly in their own Country, a good salary is the best place to start.

I can't talk about the US but for Europe, the minimum wage thing will be gone into very deeply. Being the Best Employer In the PI will not always stand up in other countries so, they are, to me anyway, starting the right way round, to gain the Confidence of other Countries HR people and Government Regulations. having a happy Workforce here, can only stand them in good Stead 

My Opinion Only but it makes sense.

Jack..

Jollibee are getting pretty big in the States.. They`ve been there a good few years already.

Other countries too..

http://www.philippinecountry.com/jollibee/intl_store.html

There seems to be big plans to enter Europe so as you say,thats probably the reason for the excellent local salary here.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

I imagine you are joking, but I did a lot of googling because the topic is fascinating.  What I found in 'Employee Reviews of Jollibee Philippines' was a vast number of employees of Jolibee commenting that what they liked best was the free meal.

You got me Dave...  Well, kind of...   :mocking:

I was told that it was great that the food is free for their meals but she thought that was because they could not leave when on their lunch break.  (if it got too busy, they were brought back off lunch)  And they don't always have a choice of what they get...  If something has been sitting for a few minutes longer than the others, that is what they are told to take for lunch.  And, like any restaurant / fast food that we eat too often?  After a while, you might want something else...     :tiphat:

Incidentally, I was talking to a Filipino friend of mine (lives here) about this thread and he was telling me about how he has a niece who graduated a few months ago as a nurse.   His sister was bragging about her daughter with the nursing degree making P79 to start.  It was later he found out it was at Jollybee's that she was working!

:mocking:  

• Like 1

sandwichmaker
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think Bob is so far gone from reality of Filipino life it's not worth trying to convince him otherwise haha! 

What have you guys been smoking if you think customer service people in ANY company earn 80 per hour as the typical wage!?  LOL!  Hilarious. 

The reason they like the free meal is because it would be expensive to them otherwise. If they were earning what people here have said then a 50 peso junk meal would not be a financial issue. 

I will ask in the next jolibee and post back if I'm wrong.  I find it extremely hard to believe they can make 800 in  10 hours. Extremely. That's enough to run a car for pete's sake.

Edited by sandwichmaker
  • Like 2