Boots On The Ground Or Electronic Surveillance?

Jake
Posted
Posted

Remember she will be assuming that you will behave like the average Filipino. 

This is particularly the case if she does not come from a wealthy background. Filipinos are almost all of them desperately insecure, and will look for an insult or a slight where none was intended. It will be her need for reassurance that will drive  her "astray" - not any inbuilt wickedness. She needs to be appreciated-  right now!

With all that insecurity and gossip and looking for bad intentions it makes me want to ask, is it worth it? Do they perhaps feel more secure after marriage? I couldn't stand to be constantly suspected and accused like that.

I think Andrew is talking about the Filipino crab mentality.  When one crab tries to climb over to escape,

other crabs would pull it down.  It goes hand in hand with the favorite daily pastime of tsismis (gossiping).

If you want to get the latest tsismis around the neighborhood, go ask your maid or la bandera.....he, he.

Again, Andrew made another good point -- it really depends on your wife or GF to either suffer in silence

or fight for you or her home and family.  Perhaps, you could teach some western culture of taking no chit

from nobody.  Let's face it.......the primary disease for bad tsismis is jealousy -- the other ladies are jealous

because they were not selected to be your GF.  

Es mo pun....... 

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Depends entirely on your Filipina.   My first model was the jealous type, the new model is not.

Again, Andrew made another good point -- it really depends on your wife or GF to either suffer in silence or fight for you or her home and family.  Perhaps, you could teach some western culture of taking no chit from nobody.  Let's face it.......the primary disease for bad tsismis is jealousy -- the other ladies are jealous because they were not selected to be your GF.     Es mo pun....... 

Well I don't mind a bit of jealousy within reason but not to the point of distrust and accusation. Gossip is a fair part of Mexican culture too. Part of the reason my last girlfriend and I broke up. The other part was she was 24 but acted like she was 14, not mature at all, never even had a boyfriend before and no clue how relationships should work.

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Is it permissible to post a link to a YouTube video here? It is pertinent but it is from a site about a guy who lives in the Philippines and gives advice. OK well it's not from his site but rather from his YouTube channel which does have reference to his site. In fact he and his site are how I found this site and I believe he is a member.

He highly endorsed this forum and I am glad he did. He has his own forum but there is not much activity there and I didn't find many satisfying answers there. When I saw him post and recommend this site I checked it out and I am SO SO SO glad he did.

I want to know your thoughts on some things he brings out in 2 of his videos. If it is not permissible I will do my best to find time to re-watch the videos and post his statements and my questions about them.

MikeB
Posted
Posted
If it is not permissible I will do my best to find time to re-watch the videos and post his statements and my questions about them.

Unless there is a reciprocal agreement between the site owners, links from other Philippines forums or blogs are not permitted. There are only a couple and I don't believe there is one with the site you're referencing. 

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

If it is not permissible I will do my best to find time to re-watch the videos and post his statements and my questions about them.

Unless there is a reciprocal agreement between the site owners, links from other Philippines forums or blogs are not permitted. There are only a couple and I don't believe there is one with the site you're referencing. 

I am not looking at posting a link to his forum or blog. Just to 2 YouTube videos he did. Also I will PM you the name of his site to see if I can reference his forum or blog in the future.

Americano
Posted
Posted

Mr. El Negrito,

I'm not a Mod. on this forum but its really simple how it operates. If you go to the Forum List and scroll a long ways down you will see a forum for YouTube Videos. I'm sure you can post a You Tube video there.  There's really no reason to mention another website or forum so you won't be breaking any rules, but if your video mentions another forum your video may be deleted. I hope this helps.

Phillip

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Mr. El Negrito,

I'm not a Mod. on this forum but its really simple how it operates. If you go to the Forum List and scroll a long ways down you will see a forum for YouTube Videos. I'm sure you can post a You Tube video there.  There's really no reason to mention another website or forum so you won't be breaking any rules, but if your video mentions another forum your video may be deleted. I hope this helps.

Phillip

The mods already got back to me but you are pretty much spot on. Thanks Americano.