Old School Vs Next Generation

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Hi guys,

I have heard comments that finding a good Filipina woman is more difficult than it was in the past, say 10-20 years ago. Not that it is impossible to find one just more challenging due to scammers, westernization etc.

This has lead some to conclude the only way to really be sure (relatively speaking) you are getting a "good girl" is by going and staying 6 months to a year and seeing them in their everyday environment. I think this is very sound advice and in lieu of that, seeing as many can't just up and move like that, the other option would be to take 1-3 months per year for a couple or even several years to get to know them. Or if you work online like me and can save enough go stay for a few months, come back for a few and go again for a few. Honestly if I really wanted to I could up and move and work from there, and it is a future option I am considering but still not sure on yet.

Some of you guys have been at this quite a while and have met girls 10-20 years ago maybe and are now in relationships with or know girls of the current generation. I would really like to hear your thoughts and input.

• Like 5

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

I think that the internet has vastly changed a lot of the dynamics. Unfortunately there is a large scammer population out there. Better to get a girl who wants nothing to do with you at first, like I did.

Could you expound on your experience? I would love to hear the story of you and your lady.  :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

I had never chased a girl in my life until I met the future Mrs. Didn't know that I even had the Romeo gene in me... She was about as interested in me as a meal without rice, until a mutual friend gave her advise that will strike terror into most Filipinas ... "You are not getting any younger"! For me it was the fairy tale love at first sight; not so much for her, but now you couldn't pry her away from me with a crowbar.

I have a niece who ran interference for girls interested in my boys recently. She confided that most of the girls she ran off, she knew where to some degree involved with online scamming on dating sites. It has become very common.

I had never chased a girl in my life until I met the future Mrs. Didn't know that I even had the Romeo gene in me... She was about as interested in me as a meal without rice, until a mutual friend gave her advise that will strike terror into most Filipinas ... "You are not getting any younger"! For me it was the fairy tale love at first sight; not so much for her, but now you couldn't pry her away from me with a crowbar.

I have a niece who ran interference for girls interested in my boys recently. She confided that most of the girls she ran off, she knew where to some degree involved with online scamming on dating sites. It has become very common.

• Like 5

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
She was about as interested in me as a meal without rice, until a mutual friend gave her advise that will strike terror into most Filipinas ... "You are not getting any younger"! For me it was the fairy tale love at first sight; not so much for her, but now you couldn't pry her away from me with a crowbar.

Great story! Would be nice to see a pic of you two!  :thumbsup:

• Like 4