Anyone Else Know Of This New Bi Regulation

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Their website is down so I can't verify the info but J will be going down to check ...... This is not the same as the Annual registration ..... we still have to do that ..... first the news release than some comments from a friend ..... I refuse to make any personal comments on this latest ploy to "make the Philippines ONLY for Filipinos" ..... IMHO

BI imposes mandatory registration for foreigners

by Raoul Esperas

Posted at 09/21/2014 1:23 PM | Updated as of 09/21/2014 1:23 PM

MANILA -- All foreigners registered or unregistered with the Bureau of Immigration (BI) are required to file anew with the office.

Immigration Commissioner Siegfred Mison, in his regular radio show, announced that the new Alien Registration Program (ARP) requires all foreigners staying more than the allowable 59 days to register with any of the 43 BI offices nationwide.

The new ARP will start on October 1 and end on September 30, 2015.

Mison explained that the ARP intends to update and document all foreigners in thePhilippines. Finger print biometrics and digital photos will be captured for automatic facial recognition.

All foreigners who will avail of the new ARP will be issued a permanent Special Security Registration (SSR) number imprinted on a card with micro-chip. This SSR number will be the permanent identification number of the foreigner and the issued card will be the basis for the foreigner to be allowed to transact any business here.

The one-year grace period for the ARP is expected to document 1.5 million foreigners in thePhilippines.

Mison said foreigners with a valid immigration card will no longer be charged of the $50 registration and processing fee.

He also warned that foreigners who ignore the ARP after the September 2015 deadline will be dealt with accordingly.

I'm afraid I got some bad news! This, below, is the Buzz among the large expat communities around the Philippines. I went to Bacolod BI today and verified this new ARP, Alien Registration Program, as mandated by BI Commissioner Siegfred Mison. It begins on October 1 and it is different from the BI Annual Report.

I was advised to call BI the 1st-2nd week in October to make sure they have the forms to complete this registration and it can be done in Bacolod. I was also advised to complete this registration before doing my annual report, which could result in a very long day!

The fee is $20 and that will be converted to Pesos the day you register.

Concerning the Annual Report during the first 60 days of 2015, it is not clear yet if we can do this in Bacolod or if we have to go to Iloilo..again! We will find out as we get closer to January.

• Like 2

Alby
Posted
Posted

The thing is, BI will always come up with some funny way to extort money until we all leave. What we are going to do? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jake
Posted
Posted

Their website is down so I can't verify the info but J will be going down to check ...... This is not the same as the Annual registration ..... we still have to do that ..... first the news release than some comments from a friend ..... I refuse to make any personal comments on this latest ploy to "make the Philippines ONLY for Filipinos" ..... IMHO

BI imposes mandatory registration for foreigners

Finger print biometrics and digital photos will be captured for automatic facial recognition.  All foreigners who will avail of the new ARP will be issued a permanent Special Security Registration (SSR) number imprinted on a card with micro-chip. 

Possible brother in law effect?  The immigration commissioner may have a family member who won the bidding

process for new fingerprinting, facial recognition and new cards with micro-chips.  It has been done before --

ghost contracts, under bidding, over bidding and bribery from companies selling inferior service or products.  

Es mo pun.........

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted

I read about  ARP quite a while back in one of the newspapers, but thought it got shot down as was too costly to implement plus there were some issues with BOI's computers. The way I recall it, it was a result of too many poreigners overstaying their visas and obtaining false/forged visa stamps (whether via corrupt officials or not).  

In addition, although not mentioned here, a friend in law enforcement informed me they plan to tie it into various countries sex offenders / wanted persons data bases ( no idea of the timeline on that). So IMHO it may not be bad thing if it helps weed out pedo's and wanted felons.

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

Will it replace the ACR or augment it?   Just another program to never fully implement...and abandon a year later ha ha  :tiphat:

• Like 4

Americano
Posted
Posted

Foreigners who are 13A Permanent Residents already had their prints and digital photos made 2 times.  Doing it again seems ridiculous.

• Like 1

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Foreigners who are 13A Permanent Residents already had their prints and digital photos made 2 times.  Doing it again seems ridiculous.

Not only that but the damn form being required looks almost exactly like the form we had to fill out for the Annual Registration this year .... 4 pages long etc. ....... form can be found here ....... http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/ARPForms/BIFORM2014-08-020Rev%200_ARPFORM.pdf .....

Also when we got our 13a visa we were required to have photo .... and finger prints taken ...... when we applied for our ACR I card we were required to have our photo and finger prints taken ..... when we filled out the annual registration this year we had our photo and thumb prints taken .... dear god .... did they lose all this info or are they just to lazy to look it up .... just goes to show we are helping create jobs here ..... hey I'm all for that especially since I'm retired and have nothing else to do except fill out government forms that apparently go NO WHERE or are not recorded .....  :hystery:  :hystery:  :hystery:  .... JMHO

No wonder they can't find anyone hiding out here in the Phils ..... I really hope they don't think that anyone hiding out here will come forward and fill out these requirements so they can be caught ..... :thumbsup:

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 1

Markham
Posted
Posted
Not only that but the damn form being required looks almost exactly like the form we had to fill out for the Annual Registration this year .... 4 pages long etc. ....... form can be found here ....... http://www.immigrati...v 0_ARPFORM.pdf .....

Umm, no! I've just downloaded this form using the link you provided. It's two pages long and only requires details of applicants' children, not the applicant him/her-self.

But you're right, Mike. They have all this information in quadruplicate!

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Sorry Markham .... wrong link try this one that one above is for those that have bunches of kids ..... and is a supplement to this one ....   :hystery: :hystery: :hystery:

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/images/ARPForms/BIFORM2014-08-019Rev0_ARPFORM.pdf

This statement from the head of the BI is kind a scary if you read it carefully ......

ADVISORY

The Alien Registration Program (ARP), a Bureau of Immigration (BI) - Department of Justice (DOJ) initiative, aims to: (i) Account; (ii) Register and re-register; (iii) Capture information; (iv) Update BI’s alien database and (iv) Provide assistance for visa-related problems.

The ARP shall be held from 01 October 2014 until 30 September 2015.  Aliens may apply at any authorized BI Regional Office 1.  Bring a duly filled-out ARP form (form and additional information is available at www.immigration.gov.ph) and any valid identification (e.g. passport, driver’s license).

Registered aliens under this program may be primary beneficiaries of future social integration/legalization programs of the government.

For inquiries, you may contact the following numbers: (02)465-2400 locals 208, 444 and 447.

Regional Offices click here.

Signed
                                                                                                        SIEGFRED B. MISON    
                                                                                                         Commissioner

Edited by Mike S