Anyone Else Know Of This New Bi Regulation

Malcolm Graham
Posted
Posted

This maybe should be a rant alert

Now maybe I'm gullible but reading the rules document I see that those of you on 13A visas apply for both at the time of your annual renewal

Section 10. Biometrics Capturing and payment of fees. – (i) Non-registered 
applicants shall be required to undertake biometrics-capturing, after payment of $50.00 ACR I-Card fee and P500.00 express lane fee; and (ii) 
Registered applicants with valid ACR I-Cards may request for biometrics 
capturing and issuance of new ACR I-Card with SSRN, upon payment of 
$20.00 and P500.oo express lane fee.

Section 11. Renewal/Reissuance of ACR I-Cards. –Registered applicants for 
renewal/reissuance of ACR I-Cards shall undergo the standard ACR I-Card 
processing by the Alien Registration Division (ARD), before issuance of new 
ACR I-Card with SSRN.

So to be sure I asked Bureau of Immigration and this is their reply

Bureau of Immigration, Republic of the Philippines You may file said applications at the same time. Thank you!

So whoever said you need to file the APR before the annual report sorry you are wrong.

Now me being on a tourist visa pays 2930 every two months.  13a Visa holders pay 300 yearly.  The new system will add 1300 yearly.  The only people complaining about these new rules are 13a visa holders because they think they have to fill a form in in duplicate and it proves to them how corrupt the Philippines is.  Us tourists just keep on whistling   " Always look on the Bright side of Life" and enjoy our stay.  
  • Like 5

MikeB
Posted
Posted
The only people complaining about these new rules are 13a visa holders

I imagine those on a Balikbayan (derivative) stamp will also be complaining since this includes registered and non-registered aliens.

• Like 1

Alby
Posted
Posted

I learned that in the Philippines there is no such a thing as complaints. Complain to who?

Do you really think anybody would bother to use logic when the issue involves money?

This is a country that has top corrupt government and businesses with unlimited "Yes Sir" and you are an ATM foreigner :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

I learned that in the Philippines there is no such a thing as complaints. Complain to who?

Do you really think anybody would bother to use logic when the issue involves money?

Went to BI in Mactan yesterday for visa renewal, on the front counter have a new big sign concerning this new regulation, have even a new designated area so you can fill in the new forms.

Do they have logic in the P.I.

Alby
Posted
Posted

Ofcourse they will post it. It means money!

Get whatever money first and foremost then we will see when if ever :) Yes Sir :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I imagine those on a Balikbayan (derivative) stamp will also be complaining since this includes registered and non-registered aliens.

Dumaguete BOI informed me today, it will be every one who has been here for more than 6 months and has an Active ACR

MikeB
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack, that would exclude those on a BB stamp. I really should have just stuck to that, it's the one thing that never changes.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Thanks Jack, that would exclude those on a BB stamp. I really should have just stuck to that, it's the one thing that never changes.

sorry.gif I Forgot to mention 9a visa Holders can do theirs when doing their next Extension. 13a and all other visas holders should do theirs at yearly reporting time. popcorn.gif you have till end of sept 2015 But Do it please.gif Mison is not to be messed with

JP :tiphat:  ( Soon be Christmas.santa.gif)

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

With all these new regulations and forms to fill out maybe I should have stuck with the BB Stamp.  My first 3 years of living here I was on a BB Stamp which means I never went to a BI office or filled out any BI forms and didn't have to report my address every time I moved and didn't pay any fees.  Now I'm on a 13A so I'm required to fill out and submit this new form and biometrics which I have already done 2 times and file an Annual Report, but just as hard to do and very annoying and stupid is I'm required to report my new address to BI within 24 hours every time I move or transfer to another address and the fees never end. 

Has anyone with a 13A moved and reported their new address?  Where did you do it and what was your experience?  When on a BB Stamp you are not required to visit BI or even give them your address or phone number, so its stupid to be so strict on other foreigners who are legally in the country.

Edited by Americano
  • Like 1

MikeB
Posted
Posted
When on a BB Stamp you are not required to visit BI or even give them your address or phone number, so its stupid to be so strict on other foreigners who are legally in the country.

It's ludicrous that they allow a large segment of foreign tourists to come, go, or stay indefinitely with only an initial in a passport when the stated reason for all the clearances, background checks, fingerprints, biometrics, fees, etc is "security".