Posted
Posted

Mark,

I agree with you 100% on this.

Phillip

Mike S
Posted
Posted
Has anyone with a 13A moved and reported their new address? Where did you do it and what was your experience?

Yes I have had to do it 3 times .... twice in Cebu and then when we moved here to Negros .... in Cebu there was never a problem .... just went to the BI and up to second floor and filled out a form ..... here in Negros it was a bit different they required me to get a written clearance from Brgy. stating how long I had lived here .... you are only allowed 30 days before they start fining you something like p100 for each month you didn't report .... not sure about the limit but i had to pay p300 extra but with this new guy I wouldn't wait to long ..... but then a rule is a rule and if you violate it you will be punished ..... no different than in any other country ..... disobey the law and you are in trouble .... process is very painless and takes very little time ....

Oh and also when in Cebu they only made a note in the computer about the change of address but here in Negros they required me to change the address on my ACR I card which was a pain in the arse and cost quite a bit more as we had to go to Illio-Illio .... JMHO

:thumbsup:

Steve & Myrlita
Posted
Posted
Oh and also when in Cebu they only made a note in the computer about the change of address but here in Negros they required me to change the address on my ACR I card which was a pain in the arse and cost quite a bit more as we had to go to Illio-Illio .... JMHO
Sounds like you're better off just going to Iloilo from the get go for an address change.

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Mike S.

The reason I asked the question is I was wondering how anyone could comply with the BI requirement of submitting a Change of Address Form and a Barangay Clearance within 24 hours of moving to another address when anyone moving to another Barangay in this area cannot get a Barangay Clearance until they have lived in the Barangay for 6 months.  The 24 hour requirement is written on the back of ARC I-cards.  Makes me wonder if I should move or just stay in one location.

This is another reason that a BB Stamp seems like the better way to go.

Phillip

Edited by Americano

Markham
Posted
Posted
The reason I asked the question is I was wondering how anyone could comply with the BI requirement of submitting a Change of Address Form and a Barangay Clearance within 24 hours of moving to another address when anyone moving to another Barangay in this area cannot get a Barangay Clearance until they have lived in the Barangay for 6 months.

BI's response would be "Don't move" if you pointed that out to them.

• Like 2

Alby
Posted
Posted

Haha ... report a change of assdress within 24 hours? Really? :)

Hoof. I am safe then. Coz I moved to a new place but still leasing my old one until end of month :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Americano
Posted
Posted (edited)

Below is from the BI Facebook.

Read the Exemption at the bottom right.  Sounds like those on a 13A Permanent Resident are exempt from this new requirement.

1235261_457352394403473_9569127420651034

Edited by Americano
  • Like 4

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)
Sounds like those on a 13A Permanent Resident are exempt from this new requirement.

That makes sense and is encouraging.  Note that the participating offices are at the bottom too.

I'm still on a tourist visa but I can't do my next extension in Olongapo because the maximum months they can do is 24, which is where I am at.  24-36 months have to be done at Intramuros / Manila.

I heard that Intramuros BI is taking a long time to process extensions right now because first you have to wait in line to do the ARP before you can do the extension.  It took one guy 6 hours to get it all done but I think he was in the first days of ARP processing, so it might get better.

I'm going to try to do my ARP on Tuesday here in Olongapo and then go to Intramuros for my 6 month extension next week, thus avoiding some of the waiting at Intramuros.  Maybe I will get lucky and Olongapo will give me an extension past 24 months.

Edited by OnMyWay
  • Like 2