What's Wrong With Cebu Girls?

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Personally I think there is no justice to a statement like, "don't take one raised in Cebu city". I know quite a few women in Cebu city and see them no different than anyone else. Usually statements like this is from someone who got stung in some way so they see the whole population as the same.

There is truth in what you say, but there is also validity in learning from other people's experiences.  My experience with girls in Cebu (this gets difficult without having to admit that I been a bad boy  :1 (103): ) is that the vast majority are much more money motivated than girls I have met in smaller cities and rural areas.  The interesting part is that Cebu girls expect a little bit of money every time you date them whereas provincial girls either expect it to be a real date, where no money changes hands, or they want a lot more money than can be negotiated with a Cebu girl.

My conclusion:  When I want a 'business transaction' I get better deals with Cebu girls but when I want a partner I have better luck with girls from smaller cities or rural areas.

So may I ask what the difference is between your business transactions and partners?

Let me guess one type agrees a price up front and the other is more discreet !

I may be old fashioned but I put more value on friendship and let things progress from there.

Are all men the same,no, so why think women are any different....JB

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
So may I ask what the difference is between your business transactions and partners?

I consider it a business transaction when the girl even hints at money (I have to buy some medicine for my mother so can you pay my taxi home and give a little money for medicine is an example)

I consider they are looking for a partner when they refuse to take any kind of financial help.

There is a grey area in the middle where a girl may accept some coins for transportation home or load for her phone but makes it clear it is a date and she does not want to be just a sex object.

Note this is just my personal prejudice from my own personal experience and my own way of categorizing my dates.  And I still hold the belief that a higher than average number of girls raised in Cebu are more interested in a business transaction, in some cases a very loooooong business transaction but they don't marry poor people if you get my drift.  Remember, its only my own personal experience but the opening post asks:

Any specific things that make girls from Cebu city undesirable?
Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

I consider it a business transaction when the girl even hints at money (I have to buy some medicine for my mother so can you pay my taxi home and give a little money for medicine is an example)

I consider they are looking for a partner when they refuse to take any kind of financial help.

There is a grey area in the middle where a girl may accept some coins for transportation home or load for her phone but makes it clear it is a date and she does not want to be just a sex object.

Note this is just my personal prejudice from my own personal experience and my own way of categorizing my dates.  And I still hold the belief that a higher than average number of girls raised in Cebu are more interested in a business transaction, in some cases a very loooooong business transaction but they don't marry poor people if you get my drift.  Remember, its only my own personal experience but the opening post asks:

Any specific things that make girls from Cebu city undesirable?

Well put that way Dave.....I find that makes Cebu girls more desirable than your previous explaination.  :cheersty:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
Eliminating duplication
  • Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Without the benefit of experience in Cebu specifically, but given the years I have spent bumming around PH, reluctantly, I'd have to agree with Dave with regards to women that have been bought up in a major metro area.  On the flip side I agree with Tom (JGF) too: Profiling is bad, and lets call it what it is. 

There are gems everywhere, the proof is in the pudding.  Nothing more than an extended time with the intended, physically in the same location will be better than an online relationship.  Don't write 'em off but don't be a "western union" (thanks Tim - great description) boyfriend either. 

"Oh, I got ripped off by a <insert gender here> from <insert location here> they're all sh**".

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think I get the point. As with any big city you have to be a bit more cautious and wary in cities like Cebu. I am sure there are good girls there too but mind your p's and q's before getting into a relationship in some of the larger cities. Thanks guys.

Still welcoming any additional opinions and information. It is all helpful.

Edited by El Negrito
  • Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just so I understand, wouldn't it be known what ones intentions are whether its going to be a slam bam thank you mam or a possible future mutual relationship ? I mean if one met a girl on the street with a short dress at around 11pm Mango area then perhaps one would know what the deal is but if one met a girl working in Robinson's department store and she agreed to dinner the next night then my guess she is looking further than a good time but the question is does she still require payment for a dinner date?

Added bit

Its well known a lot of Carbaros die in the province leaving a Filipino family with nothing to pull the plough so often a donation is asked for to get a new one so in that scenario a province girl maybe the same as a city girl? 

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
added wee bit
  • Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I think it may be a reference to how westernized women from the second largest city are. Here in metro Manila we wear shoes and slippers from outside inside the house which l think would be a no no in a more traditional area, for example.

Don't you mean "Americanized"  :)     In (north) Europe it's RUDE to keep shoes on when entering someones home (except in more formal parties).  

Cebu girls are ok. No different from girls in other big cities. You always have to be careful of scammers no matter where you go.

There are some organiced dating scams crime gangs in Cebu

and more "gold digger" girls e g in malls than there are in most provinces,

so I believe some more percent bad girls in Cebu than in provinces,

BUT most are normal, many moving from provinces to work in Cebu e g in production industry.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just so I understand, wouldn't it be known what ones intentions are whether its going to be a slam bam thank you mam or a possible future mutual relationship ? I mean if one met a girl on the street with a short dress at around 11pm Mango area then perhaps one would know what the deal is but if one met a girl working in Robinson's department store and she agreed to dinner the next night then my guess she is looking further than a good time but the question is does she still require payment for a dinner date?

Good points.  I agree that many times one's intentions are, or should be, clear.  Either the man tells the girl up front what he is expecting or the girl explains her 'conditions'.

Thus it my be my failure to explain what I am expecting that gets me the results I post about.  The reason I do not explain is I do not know where the date will lead.  Many times I go on a date (in the past I mean) with no expectations other than to have a good time and see how we get along in each other's company.  To explain further, I don't date a girl with expectations of marriage but I have hopes that she may be the one.  This kind of dating gets me the results I have posted about.  Hope that helps.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Let me see if I have this straight.  :89:

More bad girls in Cebu City. Not all girls in Cebu City are bad girls.

More good girls in da Provdences, because the bad girls moved to Cebu City.

Girls with short skirts after 11PM around Mango Ave are likely to be open to negotiations and it would be wise to check under the hood just to be sure what the standard equipment load out is. 

Dang.  You shoulda posted that at post 2 and there would have been no need of my long winded explanations  :tiphat:

• Like 4