What's Wrong With Cebu Girls?

Thomas
Posted
Posted (edited)

That's something I've been wondering about, I am sure the Phils, just like any largish country really, has some judgements about people (or girls specifically) from different regions. Like "xy has the most beautiful girls, but they got bad tempers" or "zy makes the best wifes" and so on. 

What are the characteristics of people in different provinces/regions? What's your take on it, nonsense and prejudice or some truth behind? 

Even an information type website about Phils (I have forgot which) told something like this about what's common concerning different ethnic groups::

/Them from the north island (=same ethnic group as got the power from the Americans when the colonisation ended).

They are the most "westernised", industrialiced and are carriere interested (compared to other ethnic Filipin groups).

/Them from Mindanao are laid back.

/Them from Visayas are in between the others in mentality too.

Some other source talked about a big difference in LOUDNESS between people from different islands. According to that source people from Metro Cebu are very loud, while people from some islands are much quiter (I have forgot which islands that sourse told as examples).

Edit: WHAT?!   I wrote a longer post without any smileys!!!    :mocking:

Edited by Thomas
  • Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

That's something I've been wondering about, I am sure the Phils, just like any largish country really, has some judgements about people (or girls specifically) from different regions. Like "xy has the most beautiful girls, but they got bad tempers" or "zy makes the best wifes" and so on. 

What are the characteristics of people in different provinces/regions? What's your take on it, nonsense and prejudice or some truth behind? 

I don't care if this stays in this thread but this is a really good question that I think deserves it's own thread. There have been similar questions but I like the way this is phrased. Answers?

• Like 1

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

To varying degrees of relationships I have been in the past with a woman whom I've met and been with from Cagayan De Oro, Bohol, San Fernando, and finally my wife from Gen San. The least trusted came from the province in my experience. What does that conclude. Well, to me nothing as far as squating a location with a type of woman she is. Now, if it was the Philippine women compared to say, Malaysia and/or Tailand, say, maybe there would be more of a solid foundation to draw comparisons as far as I see it.

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Now, if it was the Philippine women compared to say, Malaysia and/or Tailand, say, maybe there would be more of a solid foundation to draw comparisons as far as I see it.

Well. Partly true,

true because of cultural effects of church and colonizations in Phils,

but e g Luzon ethnics is an other ethnic group than BOTH Thai and Cebuanos    :)

• Like 2

afathertobe
Posted
Posted

I'm surprised there are no takers, would be an easy topic in China or Thailand, where regionalism is rife and there are clearly defined stereotypes for each region/province.

not so old china hand
Posted
Posted

The consensus in the rest of China is against Shanghai girls. OTOH Shanghai men make excellent husbands because they are accustomed to doing all the housework.[emoji12]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1