How Does Conversation Work With Your Filipina Wife/gf?

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

speaks some English but writes and reads it better, when she asks what something means I ve learned to take something she knows and use as example, its surprising how quickly she picks up the meaning. but then she is going to school to be teacher

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Think I have a non-standard model; K's English is fluent, voluble and we talk about anything and everything.

Then I have no 2 but........ how is the communication? Especially on the Important things that should involve you.

Mine tends at times to shoot first and ask questions after, This can lead to problems if not checked 

• Like 4

Julia
Posted
Posted

Having been married to a Filipina for over 20 years::::::

Less materialistic

Just wait

thinnner most of the time

Just wait

You would think after a period of time, they would start to get sarcasm and you would have more things to talk about as time goes on

Don't bother waiting

funny but so true... :mocking:

• Like 5

Julia
Posted
Posted
For me a woman who was intelligent and educated was important.

:thumbsup:

• Like 4

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Think I have a non-standard model; K's English is fluent, voluble and we talk about anything and everything.

Then I have no 2 but........ how is the communication? Especially on the Important things that should involve you.

Mine tends at times to shoot first and ask questions after, This can lead to problems if not checked 

Yup!

Shoot first, ask questions later. But we are, both of us, hard headed and soft hearted. A mutual friend remarked,

"You two don't need hard hats!" We get along because we understand each other, rather than because we explain things.

No problems "getting" sarcasm and satire - she dishes it out - in quantity!

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Mr Meth tends to be a mirror image of me so I guess we know what we are talking about. but....... for those that may be a little confused.

Sunday we agreed to buy 5, 4x8 3/4" marine ply boards we agreed the Shop and the price. My carpenter went a ordered and paid, to be delivered Yesterday.

To my Surprise. 2 deliveries came 1 hour apart. She had found a Cheaper shop and ordered and paid. By Not communicating this fact to me  it has cost us just under 6.000 peso. Now I can get a Credit note for this no cash returns here as I am sure you all know.  I just hope that there will be 6.000 peso's worth of Stuff in a  Shop I have never been too that we may need. This is what I mean about keeping things in Check.Lack or No communication can cost a lot of money. :unsure:

Nuff said 

JP :tiphat:  :rolleyes:

• Like 4

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

"That's a nice dress!" - "You can have it if you like, but I am not sure it will fit you!"

"You look lovely" - "Yes, so my mother tells me!"

"..about the age difference.."  "You don't need a daughter, you've got me!"

...and ... in a very successful attempt to get me to lose weight - "Your t*t* are bigger than mine, white guy!"  

zing-ouch!!!
  • Like 3

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

After a Little Temporary Disagreement:

Me: "I love you!"

She: "I'm working on it!"

• Like 4