How Does Conversation Work With Your Filipina Wife/gf?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
But does she speak Canadian?

Eh??

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Eh??

Dave! that has just earned you a pint, BUT! as I am here alone and I only have 1 hours I will help you drink it.  :hystery:

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

But does she speak Canadian?

Eh??

Ah, yes! The very first letter of the alphabet! Do i hear a B? Seriously, i hear more Americans and Brits who say Eh than Canadians!

:D

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

Today's gem from K:

We are in an hotel in Molave which offers a free massage service. K decided that she was going to "avail of" this. I was desperately trying to finish an overdue article, but the sight of K failing to keep her chest decently covered as both arms were yanked backwards by the masseuse did cause me to remark on the level of distraction... 

"Look where you are typing!" :cheersty:

• Like 2

intrepid
Posted
Posted

Conversation between 60 year old expat and 20 year old filipina after an hour of love making

Filipina:  You want some more?  :dance:

Expat:  You want some MORE?  :1 (103):

I am only 50, not 60 but that is the exact opposite of our conversations!  I ask if she wants to go again and she gets this scared look and asks "Why?!"  :tiphat:

"You the Man"

• Like 3

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Wife is very slow to learn, mainly because she speaks mostly Bisaya in her job as an elementary school teacher.

Public school? What grade do they start teaching English?

Wife is very slow to learn, mainly because she speaks mostly Bisaya in her job as an elementary school teacher.  She has the grammar and wordage ok, but her experience speaking English is almost zero.  Which is nice.  In the province, if a girl is fluent in English, it's very easy to figure out how she learned it.

This I find Strange. According to my SIL who is sitting opposite me as I write this. ( Elementary Teacher) One of the Requirements of the DepEd in Negros is Elementary Grade English Tutorabilty.   From Grade 5 this is Mandatory for the Kids, certainly in Dumaguete.

Disagree slightly with your Comment on where a province girl learns English, I will Admit in the mountains or Deep province maybe but the generalization seems a little degrading to both Foreigner and the Girl in Question. Especially if she marries a Foreigner who's English is not his Native tongue. Each to their own as they say but.................... :thumbsup:

We converse in English in our home.  Wife is very slow to learn, mainly because she speaks mostly Bisaya in her job as an elementary school teacher.  She has the grammar and wordage ok, but her experience speaking English is almost zero.  Which is nice.  In the province, if a girl is fluent in English, it's very easy to figure out how she learned it.

I realized my fiancé could read and write English better than she could speak it, and realized why it was that way when two of her friends at lunch said English words so hard to pronounce . I thought about it a minute and realized that they didn t know how the break words down into syiiables and sound out the syliables then string them together, I showed them what I meant and their English improved very much. and here I m trying to teach them and I can t spell syllables

Just saw this and certainly didn't mean to insult anyone.  Sorry you guys got bent and took it personally.  Take it how you will, but I stand by what i said.  Wife is very fluent, but she needs work on her English to improve to a level where she can teach in the US.  The main reason she doesn't advance much is that ,yes, she teaches in Bisaya 90% of the time.  That was my point. :)  

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Sorry you guys got bent and took it personally. Take it how you will, but I stand by what i said. Wife is very fluent, but she needs work on her English to improve to a level where she can teach in the US. The main reason she doesn't advance much is that ,yes, she teaches in Bisaya 90% of the time. That was my point. :)
It's a HUGE difference between

teaching in a country where English is FIRST language

and teaching in a country where English is THIRD language   :)   for a big part of the citizens...

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted

There is there English and the there is our English ,sometimes never the twain shall meet. :1 (103):

ha ha ...........  guilty ...........  :lol:

• Like 2

Ashanti
Posted
Posted
Mine tends at times to shoot first and ask questions after, This can lead to problems if not checked 

in short .............  she keep you her your toes, eh .............   :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

• Like 4