Container Homes And Prefabs

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

While Steve may make a point, I'm not planning on spending Peso 4 million, $85,000.00 on a home in the Philippines. Too risky for my taste and way too much house. If that is what it takes to live there then I'll stay here. Anyway you look at it, it's just a concrete block box or a metal box. I guess the older we get the harder it is to see that there is always a new way of doing things. Especially now with technology bursting at the seems. I love science and technology and container housing sparks my imagination to no end. The designs are endless, the opportunity to retain water for home and garden use is endless, it goes on and on. I guess that is why I have to try. If I can't do it all for say $15,000. not counting lot and transport, I won't do it.   

newyorkmind
Posted
Posted

While Steve may make a point, I'm not planning on spending Peso 4 million, $85,000.00 on a home in the Philippines. Too risky for my taste and way too much house. If that is what it takes to live there then I'll stay here. Anyway you look at it, it's just a concrete block box or a metal box. I guess the older we get the harder it is to see that there is always a new way of doing things. Especially now with technology bursting at the seems. I love science and technology and container housing sparks my imagination to no end. The designs are endless, the opportunity to retain water for home and garden use is endless, it goes on and on. I guess that is why I have to try. If I can't do it all for say $15,000. not counting lot and transport, I won't do it.   

I'm actually interested in this, my family left a small piece of residential land in the Phili[[ines when a highway cut accross it and it became a commercial lot somewhere in Q.C.  what's left is just about 150sqm. 

I would like to develop it when I g oto the Philippines for investment or rental income. I don;t want to spend too much money putting up a structure through building so I looked at pre-fabricated houses in Manila and I found this seller:  http://www.smarthouseprefab.com.ph/

It seems like for a 24 sqm unit I'll spend about $4,000 which is way cheaper than actual construction. I could put up about 2 units and rent it out for maybe $300 each a month. I'll get my capital back in a  lttle more than a year or so and after that it will. There are more details that I have to attend to like permits, foundation sewage etc.. and I'll do it whne I get to MNL.  I'm very curious how you proceed with yours and please share. I'll so the same once I sort everything out.   

Please share 

• Like 2