Here's A Good One, I'm Broke ( So What Happens.)

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

So the moral of the story is....Dont put all your cards on the table and keep an Ace up your sleeve! :thumbsup:

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

keep a plan up to date, an emergency fund that covers a ticket home and expenses for six months to allow for attempts to find a solution to problems but if not taken care of  go home. also I think u s veterans might find some help thru homeless vets programs, I said might. never burn your bridges behind you . 

• Like 2

Hey Steve
Posted
Posted

If someone is going to decide to go from a 1st world country to a 3rd world country without-at the very, very, VERY least-a simple escape plan if things go awry, then, well, maybe they deserve the consequences brought on by the pickle they got themselves into. I'm sure the Embassy sees it this way and the type of person this irresponsible, likely will weasel out of not repaying the ticket getting them back home.

It's unfortunate and sad things went bad. It's irresponsible and lacking common sense that someone has zero left to get home though.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
I'm sure the Embassy sees it this way and the type of person this irresponsible, likely will weasel out of not repaying the ticket getting them back home.

That Steve is exactly the way the UK sees it.

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

Well, I for one will miss you.  Let us know where you're locked up and Fe and I will drop off some home cook cheese bread.  We will also be happy to start the drive to raise your bail/debt cash and we only will take a 90% fee rather than the customary 20%.  Good LUCK

• Like 3

russellmania
Posted
Posted

If someone is going to decide to go from a 1st world country to a 3rd world country without-at the very, very, VERY least-a simple escape plan if things go awry, then, well, maybe they deserve the consequences brought on by the pickle they got themselves into. I'm sure the Embassy sees it this way and the type of person this irresponsible, likely will weasel out of not repaying the ticket getting them back home.

It's unfortunate and sad things went bad. It's irresponsible and lacking common sense that someone has zero left to get home though.

There are so many foreigner stuck in Thailand with no money and no way home, maybe more then the Phils.

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I was in sm mall north a few months ago and was approached by a man who asked me i had some money i can give him. His story was he is an american and he had just gotten out of jail, had no money and need to get back to cebu, he informed that when arrested he had been able to contact the american embassy and he asked them for some legal assistace to which he was told all they would was upon his release they would pay for his flight back to the states. He had no desire to go back to the states so declined there offer, not too sure this will help but at least he would of been abe to get state side if he wanted

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
His story was he is an american and he had just gotten out of jail, had no money and need to get back to cebu,

Now I wonder what the Crime was? Normally a Jail sentence here will be Followed by Deportation! Well so they keep telling us

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Lovers help each other undress before sex.

However after sex, they always dress on their own.

Simple Truth: In life, no one helps you once you're screwed.

• Like 4

canadamale
Posted
Posted

I did not ask what the charge was, i just listened to his story and gave him 600 peso and wished him the best. maybe he is drug addict I do not know. He had decent clean cloths and nice eyeglasses, seemed genuine, i wanted to invite him to the food court for a coffee and a meal to learn more except the gf text me too meet her at the bus stand so i said my goodbyes