Borrow, Lend, Or Just Give It Away

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I must admit we have fell out more times in this last 1 year about family and finance and i hate it,

I wonder if the family back in the Philippines do even care about this, and i know i should not say this but i will ,   if it got to far the fall outs and i said stuff it , we are finished because of all the asking, would that bother the family too,

Whats more important there sisters well being and life  or there full pockets

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
foriegners marrying Filipinas, should be made aware of the downside of the Filipino culture.
I think IF a foreigner marry a Filipina without knowing of the main differences, then they married TO FAST   :mocking:
  • Like 1

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

I read this threads on support and how the families help the parents and how many people think that the westerner partner must adopt the customs of his wife , so he must help,out monetarily .

How come we never hear that the filipina and Filipinos should adopt the westerners custom of working their ass off for many years and with sacrificing many things to eventually live the good retired life? I worked with many people that partied and drank and bought all the latest toys and because of these spending habits , they still have to work. I retired 20 years before any pension is available. I did this with 100 hour work weeks, and feel no need to support any layabouts drinking emperador , gambling and smoking cigarettes and getting tattoos.

My father and mother live apart and yet both of them drive vehicles and live in houses that one of my brothers and I have paid for. My other two siblings helped zero. My parents and my brother helped me get to where I am and I have repaid that debt. have done my part. This aid , did not start while they were able to work.

"No" comes to my lips very easily now.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I would love for the family to help towards there parents, and i would give what they give too, but thats the problem they dont give at all, they have more important things to do with there money, yet there parents have gave all there children a education and gone without to make them succeed, funny how they seem to pay it back, 

BigMook
Posted
Posted

I don't mind helping the family as they always try to help themselves.

I have 3 outstanding "loans" totally p35k. The wife got a ledger and keeps track of everything.

I honestly don't care if I get it back because all 3 loans were for legitimate things that came up last minute.

If they were borrowing for parties or gifts then I would say no, but hospitalization I have zero issues with.

• Like 1

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I read this threads on support and how the families help the parents and how many people think that the westerner partner must adopt the customs of his wife , so he must help,out monetarily .
The Philippine LAW say help HAVE TO be given to relatives in need IF they have made their best to solve their own problems. (Retired by age HAVE done that.)
I would love for the family to help towards there parents, and i would give what they give too, but thats the problem they dont give at all, they have more important things to do with there money
Do they live in Phils? Assist the parents to SUE the bad ones   :)

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

How come we never hear that the filipina and Filipinos should adopt the westerners custom of working their ass off

Easy answer! it is NOT the Filipino way. To many and it is a sad fact getting to an epidemic again, We are Saviours.

the BOI Dumaguete ACO (the lawyer) Told a gathering of extension complainers last year. "You want to live here, you do it OUR way"

Now that Sums it all up to me.

Luckily most of us have a wife and immediate family, that think Differently. As usual, it is the Extended family that are the problem, they just don't get it, that we are not married to a family member for their benefit.

But Don't you just LUV Em?

JP  :tiphat:

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

foriegners marrying Filipinas, should be made aware of the downside of the Filipino culture.
I think IF a foreigner marry a Filipina without knowing of the main differences, then they married TO FAST   :mocking:

When you get to my age, time is precious  :hystery: 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

When you get to my age, time is precious 

Don't know about that but at our age it is enough to get up in the morning, let alone trying to Understand what they (The Wife) are Thinking or Doing.  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

i am bob
Posted
Posted

You're not old until you can't keep it inside the toilet bowl... Yes, sitting is allowed!

:D