Borrow, Lend, Or Just Give It Away

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

If you help someone when they're in trouble,

they will remember you when they're in trouble again.

Very skeptical but in many cases very true! Also sometimes when you help someone in trouble,they will not help if you hit hard times!

• Like 1

SNIXX
Posted
Posted
 Easy answer! it is NOT the Filipino way. To many and it is a sad fact getting to an epidemic again, We are Saviours. the BOI Dumaguete ACO (the lawyer) Told a gathering of extension complainers last year. "You want to live here, you do it OUR way"

He feels that way but it means little to me. I do it my way. In the end my interactions are weighted to a non- Filipino way because it is non-Filipino money. It's my money and I don't want to run out of what little I have by not managing it.

I also don't understand poor people having large gatherings with "half" the neighborhood invited when they can't afford a sack of rice afterward. I sponsored a gathering and cut out about thirty people that would have normally been invited had it been done the Filipino way. Word got out I am not an easy mark and I have never been approached for money since.

I actually generous and soft and at the same time I don't get tested far and wide because the boundaries are already set. The next question is how do I avoid resentment? The answer is, I am consistently generous to immediate family in predictable ways so they know what they can and can not expect.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
the BOI Dumaguete ACO (the lawyer) Told a gathering of extension complainers last year. "You want to live here, you do it OUR way"

"Our" way does not mean "His" way.  I have friends that go to Cebu every 6 months to get the 6 month visa and avoid 'His Highness".

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

"Our" way does not mean "His" way.  I have friends that go to Cebu every 6 months to get the 6 month visa and avoid 'His Highness".

I am thinking of doing the same next time, since his return from penance at Mactan he seems to think he is Someone who must be Obeyed and in my life there is only one, "The Wife" Unless I am rattled too much  :rolleyes:

JP :tiphat:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Here is one for you all,

You all know about the house build we are doing and its our money that is paying for it all, YOU DONT, , let me enlighten you all,

The family wanted the family home rebuilt, three sisters would pay for it , an i told them my concerns but was told DONT WORRY ITS OK, anyway all  my concerns happened and now the build is  mine and my wifes house they did not input 1 penny,

Anyway thats old news and its all been sorted ,

Ems brother has been hospitalized so where are the family now, 

The sisters have been contacted and one was going to buy furniture for her dads bedroom but we have said no put the money towards the hospital bill, and yes you know the answer, I HAVE NO MONEY,

This is the sister whos flying back from Dubai in May with her two children and her I DONT WORK LAZY ARSED HUSBAND, 

They are looking at buying a car for there daughter while she is staying in the Phils, the sister has got saving accounts for both daughters too for there future,

The other sister well I HAVE NO MONEY TOO, the debut is this coming May and i have to show off to everyone who lives in the gated community, because its being set in the pool and community area ,

Well that leaves us, remember we are paying for the house where there father will live which i dont mind at all, but do i make a stand and say no more,

Many have said before we came into there lives they all managed so i am quite prepared to walk away from this and just wait and see, but the problem is my wife can she , even though she understands what i am saying and she says i am right, blood is thicker then water ,

I am not asking her to choose but i am asking her to tell her family what wasters they are , its funny me being a westerner i have told members of my family and friends what i think about them from time to time , funny they dont come and ask me to borrow to them

• Like 2