Can You Live Like A Filipino?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I wash most of my clothes and much of my daughter's clothes, by hand. It's really not that hard, if you just wash a few items each day.
Well. Yes, not hard, but take LONGER time totaly. I kind of do the opposite, trying to get situations similar to how it is in industrial production.

(="Save" and do as much as possible at the same time.  E g filling tax forms for myself, my company, an aid organisation and business of some friends, I try to do ALL for whole year concentrated in 1-2* days per year, while some others do some every (day) week, needing to get in "acounting mood" every time...  If one of my friends wasn't so messy with his documents   :)  I could have done all in one day.)

Sounds good, if your time is at a premium, like it is when living and working in the West.  It's a whole different mindset as an expat here or even as a Filipino, as most living here have more time than anything else....so optimization, organization and efficiency of tasks typically isn't a priority.      

Well. I try to do BORING things as EFFECTIVE as possible,

so I get more TIME LEFT to do FUNNY/interesting things   :)

tomaw
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think there is a solution to everything you just mentioned. These solutions may cost a lot but you only have to pay for them once. What doesn't seem to have a solution at all is the cost of living in California! That's where I live now and dream of the day we can get out of it.

Edited by tomaw
  • Like 3