Can You Live Like A Filipino?

Thomas
Posted
Posted

I was going by my experiences in Davao, Cebu, Toledo City and CDO...  I  asked my Special Someone about this after my first Trike and she was the one that told me it was standard fare this way across the country...  It won't be the first time my info wasn't perfect...   :mocking:

They jeepneys get local licences, so perhaps fee level is a part of the deal.

(Concerning TRICYCLES I have seen at an official website telling what the fees are suppoused to be.  (Start fee plus per kilometer.)

• Like 1

virginprune
Posted
Posted

My local tricycles have a fare chart inside, like a taxi cab. It costs me 8 peso when alone and 20 peso when with my SO. Have never had one stop to pick up anyone else while I've been aboard so I cannot comment on that.

• Like 2

lonewolf
Posted
Posted

ould I live like a Filipino?  yes if I was necessary.

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

:999: don't think I could live like some, or as well as others...but I like living with mine

• Like 3

MacBubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

In Toronto, I live like a Filipino - we eat Filipino food, go to Filipino parties.  In Manila, more of the same.  Only difference is that there are kasambahays in Manila.  Now moving to live on an island - that's different.

We will try to outfit the house with all the Western comforts, and should be able to buy most food items locally, but may need to stock up on some items when in Manila.

We are so looking forward to the move - 3 and a half years to go!

Edited by MacBubba
  • Like 4

ucello
Posted
Posted

IMHO the "western" lifestyle is over-rated. I've had decades of it, and I'm over it! Time to try something new (or should I say old?). A hut, some basic foods, smokes, and if I could afford it... the company of a good wife. The only modern requirement would be high speed internet.

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
IMHO the "western" lifestyle is over-rated.

I would agree to some extent, but I would still rather not do laundry by hand, nor be without airconditioning.

• Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted (edited)

IMHO the "western" lifestyle is over-rated.

I would agree to some extent, but I would still rather not do laundry by hand, nor be without airconditioning.

Isn't that why we get married or have girl friends?  So they can take the laundry to the local laundry lady?

:mocking:  :hystery:  :tiphat:

Edited by i am bob
darn thing posted too soon!
  • Like 2

Hewy09
Posted
Posted

Plain and simple. I can and I will.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Isn't that why we get married or have girl friends?  So they can take the laundry to the local laundry lady?  

Why get married to get someone to carry laundry? Shouldn't she do this, along with the dishes and cleaning after getting home from work?  We males should concentrate on important things, like meeting in groups and discussing world events, perhaps with an adult beverage to quench our thirst. We may also spend some time investigating a culture that is different than ours, with other members of that culture.  Females seem to be very knowledgable.  We in respect of our mates should undertake this while they are at work, no need to keep them from their sleep, they need that after returning home cooking and making love to us after the other few tasks we let them do.  No need to discuss our findings with them either, at least until we get a fair size sample.  Now that does not need to be like the Japanese teacher or Wilt Chamberlain, 200-300 should do.  Any less would be unscientific only andodotial.  You may find that such behavior may upset your SO, if so you should not mention this.  As you age you may wish to get our spouse another job as you may be to tired to make love to her more than 2-3 times per week,  this is okay as than you will have a few more pesos to buy the SMB at the world affair meetings, it will become your responsibility as leader at age 80 anyway.