Can You Live Like A Filipino?

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Shouldn't she do this, along with the dishes and cleaning after getting home from work?

:hystery:

Gerald, either your spousal unit does not read this forum, or you are a very very brave man lololololol :cheersty:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Why get married to get someone to carry laundry? Shouldn't she do this, along with the dishes and cleaning after getting home from work?  

In the beginning, yes.  And then she will want sisters to come 'visit'.  And then they will stay forever and do that work, at least they will in the beginning.  And then the sisters will be too busy and the wife will be too busy and you will end up paying for a maid, supporting a lazy wife, her lazy sisters, and sending money to her family.

This is not my first hand experience.  This is just an observation of other expats who live like this and don't seem to mind.  Good thing they are rich foreigners.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Could I live like a Filipino?  yes if I was necessary.

lonewolf, why do you say that? This topic is about trikes and washing dishes?    :hystery:

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
Gerald, either your spousal unit does not read this forum, or you are a very very brave man lololololol

:cheersty: Guilty of the former :999:

• Like 1

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
Isn't that why we get married or have girl friends? So they can take the laundry to the local laundry lady?

She's never had to take laundry anywhere.  In the Philippines, they had the maids at first, and then later on, washing machines for the maids to use.  In Canada, she's never lived in an apartment, so the laundry got done in-home via washing machine.  Besides, I do the laundry!

i am bob
Posted
Posted

To be honest, I'll be doing the laundry as well as my Special Someone wants to work... So you know who is getting a washing machine!

I did my previous post just to see the responses... Hehe!

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I wash most of my clothes and much of my daughter's clothes, by hand.  It's really not that hard, if you just wash a few items each day.  Besides, a little manual labor keeps you grounded and always makes the beer taste better, afterwards  :cheersty:

• Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted
I wash most of my clothes and much of my daughter's clothes, by hand. It's really not that hard, if you just wash a few items each day.
Well. Yes, not hard, but take LONGER time totaly. I kind of do the opposite, trying to get situations similar to how it is in industrial production.

(="Save" and do as much as possible at the same time.  E g filling tax forms for myself, my company, an aid organisation and business of some friends, I try to do ALL for whole year concentrated in 1-2* days per year, while some others do some every (day) week, needing to get in "acounting mood" every time...  If one of my friends wasn't so messy with his documents   :)  I could have done all in one day.)

Larry45
Posted
Posted (edited)

I wash most of my clothes and much of my daughter's clothes, by hand. It's really not that hard, if you just wash a few items each day.
Well. Yes, not hard, but take LONGER time totaly. I kind of do the opposite, trying to get situations similar to how it is in industrial production.

(="Save" and do as much as possible at the same time.  E g filling tax forms for myself, my company, an aid organisation and business of some friends, I try to do ALL for whole year concentrated in 1-2* days per year, while some others do some every (day) week, needing to get in "acounting mood" every time...  If one of my friends wasn't so messy with his documents   :)  I could have done all in one day.)

Sounds good, if your time is at a premium, like it is when living and working in the West.  It's a whole different mindset as an expat here or even as a Filipino, as most living here have more time than anything else....so optimization, organization and efficiency of tasks typically isn't a priority.      

Edited by Larry45

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

might be a bit off of topic, but regarding the Trike drivers, I would just like to say last week because the Mother-in-law needed 2 bags of blood we had to go to the Santa cruz area to get the blood, we stopped for a snack picked up the blood and our van decided not to start !!

which turned out to be a loose battery terminal ( but thats another story ) , so with lights and air con on,the battery wasent charging properly!

we asked a nearby trike driver if he knew of anyone who would help us, and within 10 mins we had a on call mechanic arrive with a battery

and jump leads !  everybody was friendly and all he charged was 200 pesos !! and he even tightened the battery terminals !

if this had happened in the UK it would have been hours for the breakdown guys to arrive ! and it would cost a lot more than 200 pesos !!

Trike drivers the life line of the Philippines !!

• Like 1