Strange Ineraction With A Filipino Male Last Night

Larry45
Posted
Posted

Doesn't sound very encouraging, and it's almost certain she was dating the guy while chatting with you.   And that's not a big deal except for the dishonesty of it.  I wouldn't report the guy as that's just going to piss him off, and he likely has more connections than you do, anyway.  Remember that crimes of passion are not criminal in this country, and if he gets drunk and claims your gf as his gf, he can legally kill you, in a fit of rage.   I agree with the CP advice, and I realize it's not macho to skip town, but this might be a good time for that.  

• Like 3

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

Thanks for all the input. I appreciate it. I've been here3 months with no issues other than some pretty serious jealousy the first few weeks..but that's tamed down now after talking through it.

What's this about crimes of passion? And him having the ability to kill me legally? Do I have that same right? Not that I'm considering that but was curious if that worked in reverse. I agree that talking to the cops would stir the pot. I don't call cops in the USA..so why do it here. Nothing good ever comes of it.

I've always handled my own..although I realize this isn't america and I'm at a major disadvantage here for a myriad of obvious reasons. I think its much to premature to run off. I'm not afraid of the guy. Although his access to a gun is somewhat alarming..

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
him having the ability to kill me legally?

I would not say it is legal but I would agree that there is a Latin passion at work here where death happens cheap and quick.  Not something most of us have to worry about but most would not get involved in a situation where there is any sort of love triangle, none, zero, NO third parties.  There are just too many unattached girls to get involved with that.

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted

Doesn't sound very encouraging, and it's almost certain she was dating the guy while chatting with you.   And that's not a big deal except for the dishonesty of it.  I wouldn't report the guy as that's just going to piss him off, and he likely has more connections than you do, anyway.  Remember that crimes of passion are not criminal in this country, and if he gets drunk and claims your gf as his gf, he can legally kill you, in a fit of rage.   I agree with the CP advice, and I realize it's not macho to skip town, but this might be a good time for that.  

OP will not be killed in this situation, murder of a foreigner is quite rare and it has much more serious implications than a local revenge killing, which could definitely go unsolved, unprosecuted.

GF will play the long con milking out money in small but regular amounts, maybe occasionally going in

for a quick heist on a larger amount.

Take the parallel of Maddie in the William Hurt, Kathleen Turner flim, "Body Double". Maddies accomplice was a woman but she took from both sides of the scam.

Here the girl can split money with the ex bf in small amounts but might play 2 sides if she scores the bigger amount.

I am concered here for OP, because he just doesn't have the experience in the Philiipines, but many of us have been in a similar situation. However it's a 2 sided game, if get what he wants from the Babe, maybe it's not a problem.

Dump her and pick up on a new girl? Well ok, but what other problems might that bring.

• Like 1

calasiaobound
Posted
Posted

There was a row of trike drivers parked right by us. I just took a walk by the spot and one of them approached me. He spent 7 years working in Australia so he had good English. I asked him what his take on it was. He told me my gf said to him " why do you come here to me after all this time." Bf said he wanted to apologize (I'm paraphrasing)..then my gf said to him " do you think I forget what you've done to me..and now you're disrespecting me in front of all these ppl in public..do you want me to call someone to come and catch you?" (I guess she was referring to police)

The trike guy said the bf was then mad and wanted to fight..but she said "you have a blotter already for hurting me..do you want another for disrespecting my new husband..I'm married to him now and you're coming to me to start a fight"..(we're not married BTW but she told him we were)

The trike guy said its ok..that the guy was drunk and him and his friends were scared when gf threatened police ( i didnt see 3 friends but he said they were across the street)

I asked trike driver if he knew my gf. He didnt but would ask around for me.

Not sure what to think but judging from his impression it kind of does seem like a happenstance kind of meeting.

I don't think trike guys lying..but I could be mistaken..

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

At the risk of seemingly out of step with majority of posters I see no red flags regarding your GF.

I would consider the actions of the Ex BF totally normal even a year after their break up. In short he thinks he is loosing face, small town, guess he was well known, now your there where in his eyes he should be.

Myself the jealousy of your GF in your OP would concern me much more. Even if it's no longer rearing its ugly head one can safely say it will return. This unfortunately will be a big concern.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
I see no red flags regarding your GF.
Myself the jealousy of your GF in your OP would concern me much more.

Seems to me like you just see different 'red flagss'

• Like 3

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Contrary to many of the earlier posts on here, I would say you've got a "keeper"! I wouldn't be surprised if her uncle (the policeman) has a talk with the young jerk...

• Like 3