Foreigners.....that Filipina With You Underage? Off To Jail You Go.

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
This gal was young, could have been anywhere between the age of 17 to 20

I have 2 nieces, one is 25 living in Australia one is 22 living here in the PI. If you didn't know better both look 16 if you went by body type, complexion and the sound of their voice. You just cant tell sometimes 

:cheersty:

chris49
Posted
Posted

Following on the point. A Filipina below 18 or around that age, will generally have extreme difficulty in putting together a decent conversation because of inherent shyness. Perhaps lack of confidence in her English speaking.

A girl going into her 20's will have a bit more experience, albeit only a little bit, but they usually have a bit better communication skills. Now if I was really "dating" a young girl, 18-19 (Gina is 26), hopefully I wouldn't go to that level, but it is going to be impossible to deal with someone

who can't hold a basic conversation.

Maybe that's one of the requirments of a peadaphile, a girl who can't talk but could get mesmerized by a smooth talking foreigner.

• Like 1

Chopper1050
Posted
Posted

funny, I was reading about visitation rights of my daughter & came accross this message:

I would think the guy is Filipino;)

----------------------------------

Anonymous said...

Hi Atty

My daughter is 16 yrs old, in 1st yr college when i found out she's 5 months pregnant. My husband and I don't advise her to marry the guy who's is 27 yrs. My questions are:

1. Can I sue the guy? What could be a valid case?

2. Can my husband and I adopt my daughter's child at birth? Do I need the guy's consent if I do that?

Thanks. Baby.

ATT replied:

[1] The Family Code prohibits marriage for anyone below 18 years of age even with parental consent. Besides, your daughter is too young and too immature to get married even when she reaches 18.

[2] As to filing a case against the guy, please read my RA 9262 “Anti-Violence Against Women and Their Children Act of 2004” posts (look for the links in the sidebar). The law applies to girlfriend/boyfriend as in the case of your daughter and the guy who got her pregnant. There are also applicable provisions under the Revised Penal Code. The problem is if your daughter will not cooperate in filing the case or refuses to testify against the man.

------------------------------------------

I doubt this guy got in trouble... 1 rule for filipino and 1 for the foreigner;) be careful out there...

Too young and immature to be married at 16, but having a child is fine,!!
  • Like 2

i am bob
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine just fell hard for a girl I know here in Davao...  Does she look her age?  No....  She looks mid-20s - but she won't be 18 until next March...  Is he willing to wait until she's 18?  Yes...  And is trying to go by the book so that he stays out of trouble.  So, he has been researching the heck out of this - even approaching a retired PNP officer and asking -  and here is what he has found...  

If a man (Foreigner or Filipino) is ALONE with a Filipino under the age of 18 in a location where coercion MAY take place, this is a no-no...  That could mean in a house, hotel room, a car...  Even a jeepney should the only other person around be the driver and he steps out of the vehicle for a few minutes....  (Hopefully he has parked and applied the parking brake first)  They CAN go to the mall, walk down the street, go to the theater (as long as they are not the only ones present - staff makes this ok), or even travel on the ferry as long as they are in the mass cattle section.  And according to a former PNP officer, as long as there isn't a place for them to sneak a "piece of nookie" (hey!  He's retired from the PNP...  hehe!), there really isn't room for a charge along this line.  They aren't alone?  No Problem!  And, for those who like to push situations to the extreme to prove themselves right, I didn't have the heart to ask about a situation involving 2 unrelated men and the young one...

:rolleyes:  :mocking:

• Like 5

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

A friend of mine just fell hard for a girl I know here in Davao...  Does she look her age?  No....  She looks mid-20s - but she won't be 18 until next March...  Is he willing to wait until she's 18?  Yes...  And is trying to go by the book so that he stays out of trouble.  So, he has been researching the heck out of this - even approaching a retired PNP officer and asking -  and here is what he has found...  

If a man (Foreigner or Filipino) is ALONE with a Filipino under the age of 18 in a location where coercion MAY take place, this is a no-no...  That could mean in a house, hotel room, a car...  Even a jeepney should the only other person around be the driver and he steps out of the vehicle for a few minutes....  (Hopefully he has parked and applied the parking brake first)  They CAN go to the mall, walk down the street, go to the theater (as long as they are not the only ones present - staff makes this ok), or even travel on the ferry as long as they are in the mass cattle section.  And according to a former PNP officer, as long as there isn't a place for them to sneak a "piece of nookie" (hey!  He's retired from the PNP...  hehe!), there really isn't room for a charge along this line.  They aren't alone?  No Problem!  And, for those who like to push situations to the extreme to prove themselves right, I didn't have the heart to ask about a situation involving 2 unrelated men and the young one...

:rolleyes:  :mocking:

What the retired policemansaid makes good sense. Thay could also see to it they had a trusted chaperone accompany them. 

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
approaching a retired PNP officer and asking

What you are saying is what most reasonable people believe to be the case.

But none of us reasonable people, nor you Bob, nor your police officer friend, are going to be at your trial having your back if you (proverbial you) are charged under this clause.  If someone has it in for you and you get charged then its all up to the lawyers in the specific case and the one  judge presiding.  The rest of us will all presume guilt because all the reasonable people know you must be guilty or you would not be charged.

So keep on believing n the sanity of the system if that's what keeps you sane.  I am sure there are no innocent men in Philippine jails so the system surely works as you say.  :36_1_68[1]:

• Like 3

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

But none of us reasonable people, nor you Bob, nor your police officer friend, are going to be at your trial having your back if you (proverbial you) are charged under this clause.  If someone has it in for you and you get charged then its all up to the lawyers in the specific case and the one  judge presiding.  The rest of us will all presume guilt because all the reasonable people know you must be guilty or you would not be charged.

So keep on believing n the sanity of the system if that's what keeps you sane.  I am sure there are no innocent men in Philippine jails so the system surely works as you say.  :36_1_68[1]:

Good point Dave. 

We are a group of older men here. No one is confessing up anything and some might deny, but I reckon some of us have had encounters with younger girls, 18-19-20. I have been here 10 years since age 55. and I know I have.

Now when the girl turns out to be 16-17 and you are citing some kind of exceptional circumstances and have talked to someone etc, I class that as wrong. I can't find any exception any excuse and if the girl is 6 months short of 18 and somehow you are going to wait it out, maybe keep an eye on the girl, that's wrong also.

If I was home in Australia, even attempting to talk to a girl of 20, even 25 is very highly frowned upon and in some cases can get you into serious trouble, maybe not with the law, but how about being given a beating by some of the girls peer group. Now, the rules are different here, but let's be honest, we get away with murder here being cashed up foreigners. How many 20 yo Filipina's are chatted up by 50-60 yo Filipino men, not many. Yep if the guy is super rich, maybe, but not normally.

Edited by chris49

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Dave, i understand the point you're trying to make but i don't fully agree...For someone coming from another country and who now lives in the Philippines, to live any way but by the "book" is a good way to end up in trouble... But if we are too scared to live our lives by the "book" for fear of what may happen? We might as well just pack up and go back home... We shouldn't drive for fear of an accident, we shouldn't walk on the streets for fear of being accosted, we shouldn't be married for fear of our wives plotting our murders to take control of our savings... Ok, so maybe I'm stretching it a bit but not anymore IMHO than saying we can't do anything for fear of ending up in jail...

:)

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Good point Dave. 

We are a group of older men here. No one is confessing up anything and some might deny, but I reckon some of us have had encounters with younger girls, 18-19-20. I have been here 10 years since age 55. and I know I have.

Now when the girl turns out to be 16-17 and you are citing some kind of exceptional circumstances and have talked to someone etc, I class that as wrong. I can't find any exception any excuse and if the girl is 6 months short of 18 and somehow you are going to wait it out, maybe keep an eye on the girl, that's wrong also.

If I was home in Australia, even attempting to talk to a girl of 20, even 25 is very highly frowned upon and in some cases can get you into serious trouble, maybe not with the law, but how about being given a beating by some of the girls peer group. Now, the rules are different here, but let's be honest, we get away with murder here being cashed up foreigners. How many 20 yo Filipina's are chatted up by 50-60 yo Filipino men, not many. Yep if the guy is super rich, maybe, but not normally.

Now, Chris, how old are you? That's OK, you don't have to answer... I just want to point out that you are much older than my friend... Early 30s... And she looks and acts like she's 25... If these were accurate, there would be no problem... But because she is younger, my friend is willing to wait until she is of age before dating... Going to the beach or pool, dinner together, even going to the show will wait for 6 months until he can do so without some crank (ie: his last girlfriend who was more interested in getting to the US than she was in him) who's jealous calling in and laying a complaint...

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Dave, i understand the point you're trying to make but i don't fully agree...For someone coming from another country and who now lives in the Philippines, to live any way but by the "book" is a good way to end up in trouble.

Respectfully, we do not fully agree.  You seem to suggest expats are protected when living 'by the book' but I suggest expats better appear to have a halo and live by the Good Book, because I suggest that suspicion is guilt in this country so do not even give the appearance of suspicion.  To put that in context, waiting hungrily for a 17 year old girl to turn 18 gives the suspicion of guilt and there is a possibility (slim possibility in the case you describe) that this could go very wrong.  My questions then become:  Are there no single girls who have already turned 18?  Why not focus on those?  What will happen if he waits but she falls for someone else during the 'waiting period' (VERY likely here)?  What will happen if he visits and she gets him alone and jumps on him (VERY VERY likely in this culture)? 

In short, I agree with living by the book so long as one keeps a lot of distance between self and grey areas.  Why?  Because I could not stand the time in a Philippine jail.  Could you?  Could any of us?  Why risk it?

• Like 3