Did You Ever Have To Finally Decide?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

OK I will just describe 2 situations and get your thoughts on the good, the bad and the ugly of each. Keep in mind that while looks aren't even in the top 5 of my main factors both of these women are attractive.

Candidate Number 1:

Beautiful Mexican girl, 33 years old (11 years age difference), a university educated and highly intelligent scientist who is very accomplished in her field. She works for the state government and Chief of the department of Science and Technology in Charge of Education. She is very spiritual, very deep and very sweet. I have told her I'm interested in her but she really wants to take it slow due to being hurt when she was 20 and she doesn't want to get hurt or hurt someone else. In my opinion we are playing cat and mouse, I message and we talk either by chat or on the phone and then I wait a few days and she finally initiates contact and we chat or talk, Oh and we have met in person a couple times. One of our last conversations was let's set a time and get to know each other more and then decide. Still waiting to set the time.

Candidate Number 2:

A beautiful Pinay, 25 years old (20 year age difference), currently in university and finishing a marketing degree. Simple province girl but very sweet. We met through friends of friends online. At first she just wanted to be friends but as we talked and I expressed some interest now she is to the point she feels "in love with me" even though we have never met. We have also talked on the phone. She also had a boyfriend before and was hurt. Also she initiates texts and communication almost on a daily basis.

My concerns: Number 1 may just be playing games for attention or not sure what she wants. Number 2 may be looking at the world through rose colored glasses and decide to leave me in 5, 10 or 20 years.

Communication with both is mainly through Facebook.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

If candidate No. 2 did leave you or vice versa in 5-10-15 years, and those 5 years for example were amazing I would count that as positive. I feel there is a strong case for meeting her and judging the chemistry between both of you.

25 years old, educated, provincial, but does have previous experience. I would want to meet her.

Candidate No. 1 is 33 years old. She got hurt at 20, so what happened in between. Sure she's well educated and employed full time, but I would want the back story. Why 33 and why no permanent relationship up to now? Also as a career woman you are looking at some serious time constraints, will she be available for a full time relationship. I see a number of red flags with this one and I fear she might be concealing something. The Filipina girls can be a bit temperamental if you don't play straight with them, but the Mexican's can be just plain hot tempered by nature.

I prefer No. 2 strongly. You already met No. 1 and nothing resulted so far, maybe a waste of your time.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

My concerns: Number 1 may just be playing games for attention or not sure what she wants. Number 2 may be looking at the world through rose colored glasses and decide to leave me in 5, 10 or 20 years.   Communication with both is mainly through Facebook.   Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

OH! OH! Big EL you sure do ask Em! Suggestion ? post-2148-0-73338000-1441852320_thumb.jp it's a 50/50

JP :tiphat:

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

If candidate No. 2 did leave you or vice versa in 5-10-15 years, and those 5 years for example were amazing I would count that as positive. I feel there is a strong case for meeting her and judging the chemistry between both of you.

25 years old, educated, provincial, but does have previous experience. I would want to meet her.

Candidate No. 1 is 33 years old. She got hurt at 20, so what happened in between. Sure she's well educated and employed full time, but I would want the back story. Why 33 and why no permanent relationship up to now? Also as a career woman you are looking at some serious time constraints, will she be available for a full time relationship. I see a number of red flags with this one and I fear she might be concealing something. The Filipina girls can be a bit temperamental if you don't play straight with them, but the Mexican's can be just plain hot tempered by nature.

I prefer No. 2 strongly. You already met No. 1 and nothing resulted so far, maybe a waste of your time.

Wow you pretty much read my mind and summed up where I am at nicely. I was prefering number 1 but I am like, it shouldn't have to be such an ordeal. Number 2 is a little quick to jump into love but she only did that after I expressed interest. You have really given me some things to consider! Thanks!

Jake
Posted
Posted

OK I will just describe 2 situations and get your thoughts on the good, the bad and the ugly of each. Keep in mind that while looks aren't even in the top 5 of my main factors both of these women are attractive.

Candidate Number 1:

Beautiful Mexican girl, 33 years old (11 years age difference), a university educated and highly intelligent scientist who is very accomplished in her field. She works for the state government and Chief of the department of Science and Technology in Charge of Education. She is very spiritual, very deep and very sweet. I have told her I'm interested in her but she really wants to take it slow due to being hurt when she was 20 and she doesn't want to get hurt or hurt someone else. In my opinion we are playing cat and mouse, I message and we talk either by chat or on the phone and then I wait a few days and she finally initiates contact and we chat or talk, Oh and we have met in person a couple times. One of our last conversations was let's set a time and get to know each other more and then decide. Still waiting to set the time.

Candidate Number 2:

A beautiful Pinay, 25 years old (20 year age difference), currently in university and finishing a marketing degree. Simple province girl but very sweet. We met through friends of friends online. At first she just wanted to be friends but as we talked and I expressed some interest now she is to the point she feels "in love with me" even though we have never met. We have also talked on the phone. She also had a boyfriend before and was hurt. Also she initiates texts and communication almost on a daily basis.

My concerns: Number 1 may just be playing games for attention or not sure what she wants. Number 2 may be looking at the world through rose colored glasses and decide to leave me in 5, 10 or 20 years.

Communication with both is mainly through Facebook.

Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hmmm.......just like a kid walking into a candy store.  I hope you're not an impulsive buyer with a minimum time to choose.  I suggest you research some more and go for door number 3 or 4 or 6.  You're not in a rush, are you?  Perhaps setting up 3 good solid connections and see who will meet you with open arms upon arrival.  If love (mutual) was not at first sight, there's always 7 thousand other possibilities if you have the time to explore the other islands or provinces.  Speaking of which (provincial women), expect long term courtship with traditional chaperones to scope you out and also formally asking permission to date and eventual engagement into marriage.  

Oh....to be young and available again.  Happy hunting big EL!  

• Like 5

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

My concerns: Number 1 may just be playing games for attention or not sure what she wants. Number 2 may be looking at the world through rose colored glasses and decide to leave me in 5, 10 or 20 years.   Communication with both is mainly through Facebook.   Any thoughts are appreciated. Thanks in advance!

OH! OH! Big EL you sure do ask Em! Suggestion ? attachicon.gifcoin flipping.jpg it's a 50/50

JP :tiphat:

Very true!!! Thanks JP!!!

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Hmmm.......just like a kid walking into a candy store.  I hope you're not an impulsive buyer with a minimum time to choose.  I suggest you research some more and go for door number 3 or 4 or 6.  You're not in a rush, are you?  Perhaps setting up 3 good solid connections and see who will meet you with open arms upon arrival.  If love (mutual) was not at first sight, there's always 7 thousand other possibilities if you have the time to explore the other islands or provinces.  Speaking of which (provincial women), expect long term courtship with traditional chaperones to scope you out and also formally asking permission to date and eventual engagement into marriage.  

Oh....to be young and available again.  Happy hunting big EL!  

Yeah that was another thing on my mind is time. Number 2 has a year of university and of course we want to meet. She asked me if I would wait for her too. Number one is not in a rush, so I guess I'm not either and like you said there are plenty more out there!  :cheersty:

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Don't remember what your long term goals are B E. Will you be bringing them back? Or moving to where they are? Either way some boots on the ground recon is going to be needed, one plane ticket will just cost more than the other.

We, naturally, are all hooked up with Filipinas of one flavor or another, so our opinions might be swayed a bit. But consider:

The gal in Mexico is closer to your age, less age gap differences, more mature, already established in her career, less chance of being a gold digger. The cultural differences are not so great either. Mexican is western, Filipina is Asian (regardless of how well she speaks English)

• Like 4

jon1
Posted
Posted

I would not be chasing the first gal. If she doesn't want to put much time into it, why should you? It looks to me that you are already second fiddle to her career.

Girl #2 seems typical of filipinas. They fall in love rather quickly (sometimes in 3 texts) and her being educated is a plus. You never know what the chemistry is until you meet in person. Also be up front about your expectations and communication. If it is meant to be it will happen. You will be amazed by how effective communications and setting common goals yield great results. No reasons for games here. You are established and looking for your next great chapters in life. 

• Like 3

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted

El,  I offer this for your consideration,  If  both are attractive, educated or soon to be: 

take the 25 year old as she should last a bit longer.

it is also dangerous in Mexico   

• Like 2