Did You Ever Have To Finally Decide?

PaulB
Posted
Posted

My advice for what it's worth is to buy a plane ticket, go to Philippines and meet real people and not internet friends. You can't judge a person by their likes!

You need to meet face to face and build a relationship and go from there.

Philippines has a lot to offer and I have been very lucky and I am sure you can be too.

Get offline, Get on a plane and Get on it!

Good luck.

Paul

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

PaulB hit it on the head! All this talk of internet love is ridiculous. It's like being in love with some chick on T.V., sure they look good and maybe sound good, say all the right things, but the fact is they could all be a nightmare. You're wasting your time by doing the internet thing. Go to the Philippines, hang out at the University, met a nice hotty that has a few months of collage left, or find one that has graduated and is working somewhere, if the highly educated woman is what your after.

The woman from Mexico has a career, she is not going to throw that away or even put it on hold for some guy on the internet or a flash in the pan romance. She has had plenty of time to get over her 20 year bad relationship, seems to me there is other problems or she has put all her energy into that career she has. either way, I would get out of Mexico.  I'll tell you something else, my Filipina wife looks hispanic, you don't even want to know about the mean looks we get from people right now, it's like I'm contributing to some horrible problem here in America. We can't even go out and eat without people pointing fingers. My wife started wearing a tee shirt, Welcome to the Philippines!!! Since she now wears the tee shirt people are much friendlier. I worry for her safety if she goes for a walk because of all the anti- immigrant stuff going on here. 

There are some beautiful educated woman in the Philippines, you just have to stick to your preference and not get side tracked by all the Beauties not highly educated. I find them all pretty damn smart in their own way. 

• Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Great comments guys. For the record, I am always a boots on the ground kind of guy, that's how I met my late wife and ended up in Mexico. Now it is my home and for many reasons I am not leaving. That said, if anything is to progress with number 2 it will be with boots on the ground. I take a little comfort in that, although I met her online, it is through friends I already knew.

As for the Mexican girl, I have met her face to face, talked on the phone and we are planning to meet each other soon. Still as most of you mentioned I have my reservations about her being 33, beautiful and not married. There must be more to the story, maybe I will find out and maybe not. She has said she wants to quit her job and teach English online like I do. She even got her TEFL and TESOL certificates to do so already. However at 33 I am sure she is set in her ways and will expect ME at 45 to make some big adjustments. I am adaptable but I am no fool. I met my late wife when she was 28 and she was already set in her ways with no uni education or a particular career.

I will wait it out and see but number 2 seems to be in the lead at the moment.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted

I am digressing a little here. 

Now and then, I hear comparisons of Manila or city girls versus provincial girls, with Manila girls being pegged as materialistic and flighty. 

All I can say is, it's the person's background that matters, and not her city or province.  My wife is from Manila, and in her family, marriages are solid.  No broken marriages in her family, nor in her extended family. 

So, to get back to the topic - sounds like there might be a more suitable option 3 in the future.

• Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

I am digressing a little here. 

Now and then, I hear comparisons of Manila or city girls versus provincial girls, with Manila girls being pegged as materialistic and flighty. 

All I can say is, it's the person's background that matters, and not her city or province.  My wife is from Manila, and in her family, marriages are solid.  No broken marriages in her family, nor in her extended family. 

So, to get back to the topic - sounds like there might be a more suitable option 3 in the future.

Yep maybe option 3, whoever and wherever she is, might end up being the better choice. More on option 2, she did spend some time in Manila, not sure how long but lots of pictures on her Facebook are there although not the majority, but she lived most of her life in the province.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Good morning big EL,

Here are things to ponder when you get over to PI:

Logistics -- it's a small fortune with a round trip ticket plus 59 days to explore all your possibilities (perhaps 3-5 grand US) as a tourist, going from one hotel, motel, resorts, eating out and entertaining the ladies.  

Return of investment -- one or more ladies to choice from?  You need to minimize your trips or are you gonna stay there?

Decision making -- depending on your ultimate goals in life....marriage (one-gina only) or short-long term companion(s) with number 2 or 3 off the side

Reconnaissance -- strongly recommend these target enriched environment: universities, nursing schools, call centers, church outings on the beach 

Methods -- a nice point and shoot camera with a tablet to download all the photos.  You know they love taking photos, with their permission of course.  Bring lots of chocolate, small imported perfume-make up kits.  Also a stack of business cards to dish out to the ladies.  Did I mention chocolates already?

And last but not least, seek out the guru of being the ladies man -- none other than our Dave Horn Dog, the James Bond of the Visayan island group (I know I would)

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Logistics -- it's a small fortune with a round trip ticket plus 59 days to explore all your possibilities (perhaps 3-5 grand US) as a tourist, going from one hotel, motel, resorts, eating out and entertaining the ladies.     Return of investment -- one or more ladies to choice from?  You need to minimize your trips or are you gonna stay there?

I don't plan on staying at the moment but I have plenty of couples and male friends to put me up. Thanks Jake!

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)

El Negrito

Glad to see you posting again

As you, being someone who has made over 350+ posts,I would of though I would be the one asking your advice.

You have mentioned a few times your late wife, so I find it strange that lifes experiences have put you in predicament that you require help to choose which way to go.

With so many boots on the ground advice (not familiar with this expression)

All I would add, You never really know someone till you live with them.

My Dad very kindly reminded me when my first marriage failed."Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread"

Good luck with whatever decision you come to.......JB

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

El Negrito

Glad to see you posting again

As you, being someone who has made over 350+ posts,I would of though I would be the one asking your advice.

You have mentioned a few times your late wife, so I find it strange that lifes experiences have put you in predicament that you require help to choose which way to go.

With so many boots on the ground advice (not familiar with this expression)

All I would add, You never really know someone till you live with them.

My Dad very kindly reminded me when my first marriage failed."Fools rush in where Angels fear to tread"

Good luck with whatever decision you come to.......JB

A wise proverb says "there is success through many advisers".  I have learned many things from people much younger than I and with less experience. Don't discount your advice JB and thanks very much for it.  :cheersty:

"

• Like 1