Did You Ever Have To Finally Decide?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

One thing that puzzles me is that she is willing to come here to Mexico which is not exactly the land of opportunity. Another concern is when I told her I was training for a new job her first question was about the pay.

Bear in mind, El, that she probably has only the vaguest notion of where "Mexico" is, and she almost certainly believes that Mexico is a part of the USA. 

Good point.

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
That said, in 9 years, I have never seen a Filipino or Filipina here.

They were in tourist disguise! :lol:

Fil-Ams and Fil-Canadians go to Mexico.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

I am going to be a little controversial and say that I don't really believe in the sweet innocent "probinsiya" Filipina versus the man eater from Manila.

There is no small town in the Philippines where teenagers cannot buy "shabu" (methamphetamine), where they do not use Facebook and Snapchat and the rest, where they do not get drunk and where the boys do not get into "barkadas" (gangs) and have their way with the girls behind the bushes.

• Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted (edited)

That said, in 9 years, I have never seen a Filipino or Filipina here.

They were in tourist disguise! :lol:

Fil-Ams and Fil-Canadians go to Mexico.

I'm sure they do and I'm sure just straight up Fils come, I even know of one friend who said her friend married a guy here in Mexico and they live on the coast. It just struck me and surprised me that I have never seen one here, lots of Chinese and Japanese but no Filipinos. It surprises me because I saw them everywhere in Canada and the US.

I am going to be a little controversial and say that I don't really believe in the sweet innocent "probinsiya" Filipina versus the man eater from Manila.

There is no small town in the Philippines where teenagers cannot buy "shabu" (methamphetamine), where they do not use Facebook and Snapchat and the rest, where they do not get drunk and where the boys do not get into "barkadas" (gangs) and have their way with the girls behind the bushes.

I can't speak from direct experience with the Philippines but I would tend to believe you. Same here in Mexico, many Mexican's complain about being such "pobres" yet they can afford a smartphone, and I mean nice ones, and are always on Facebook etc. In fact most of the time they seem to have more money than me!!! Of course I am really Mexican at heart!!!  :thumbsup:

Edited by El Negrito

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
Of course I am really Mexican at heart!!!

Well E.N. This should have a lot of input upon your decision IMHO :th_thbestpost:

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Yeah at the moment, I am kind of leaning towards neither one.

P.S. La Mexicana has been initiating contact the last few times, always meaningful conversations. The Pinay has been off and on in initiating and the conversations never go anywhere past,

Her: Gud morning.

Me: How have you been?

Her: Gud

Me: So what are your plans for the day?

Her: As of now nothing, I'm still in the bed. (for no reason at all or because she is sick or has a headache or because she misses me, even though we have never met, mind you this is at 7-9AM)

Me: Well what do you plan to do later?

Her: Go to skul

Me: What about before or after?

Her: I don't know.

• Like 1

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

Yeah at the moment, I am kind of leaning towards neither one.

P.S. La Mexicana has been initiating contact the last few times, always meaningful conversations. The Pinay has been off and on in initiating and the conversations never go anywhere past,

Her: Gud morning.

Me: How have you been?

Her: Gud

Me: So what are your plans for the day?

Her: As of now nothing, I'm still in the bed. (for no reason at all or because she is sick or has a headache or because she misses me, even though we have never met, mind you this is at 7-9AM)

Me: Well what do you plan to do later?

Her: Go to skul

Me: What about before or after?

Her: I don't know.

Hi EL, have been reading this post with interest, all I can say is "a bird in the hand etc etc, good luck amigo with whatever you do.

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Hi EL, have been reading this post with interest, all I can say is "a bird in the hand etc etc, good luck amigo with whatever you do.

Thanks Chris. Yeah I am really not sure at this point. Almost ready to tell both of them go lump it. Things shouldn't be so confusing or difficult when it's the right person.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted (edited)

Thanks Chris. Yeah I am really not sure at this point. Almost ready to tell both of them go lump it. Things shouldn't be so confusing or difficult when it's the right person.

I can tell you one thing, there are lot's and I mean lot's of absolutely stunning woman here, if I was looking again I would just go to one of the big mall, some where like SM in Cebu and check out the ladies make up section, there are some gorgeous lookers there. An american friend of mine used to go to the malls with some business cards with his name and number on them and hand them out, told me he got an 8 out of 10 response.

Just to add he would qualify them first, you know, single, age, have kids all the usual stuff.

Edited by frosty (chris)
  • Like 3

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
I can tell you one thing, there are lot's and I mean lot's of absolutely stunning woman here, if I was looking again I would just go to one of the big mall, some where like SM in Cebu and check out the ladies make up section, there are some gorgeous lookers there. An american friend of mine used to go to the malls with some business cards with his name and number on them and hand them out, told me he got an 8 out of 10 response.   Just to add he would qualify them first, you know, single, age, have kids all the usual stuff.

Not my usual style but I'm sure he can't be any worse off than me. I think anyone could fine tune this and use it to find the type of woman they want in the PI.