Did You Ever Have To Finally Decide?

chris49
Posted
Posted

Saw the movie, will search it again on You Tube.

Saw the stage show in DC around 1980, musical version. Can't recall much except the banter between 2 kids, "Why am I Abraham, Why am I Anderson" the song went.

Precious memories, glad you mentioned it.

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted (edited)

And now to throw one back on our friend the OP, El Negrito.

Notice mate, most of the forum members are receiving pensions, not very many many of our wifes hold jobs,but there are a few.

Whether the Filipina is good or bad, I will maintain most of them are good. However what most of them are looking for is some form of financial security with a partner. This falls in place above whether or not they actually love you. They say that all the time. I am not so bad looking, but it is still a stretch to be called handsome, gwapo at my age.

I recommend as others have said a longer visit. With an open mind as to potential partners.

I can go into an SM Mall in the AM and be in a relationship by the same evening, but it doesn't mean anything until you face the reality, the long haul.

Edited by chris49
  • Like 4

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Sorry, I went out of town for the weekend. Good points guys.

frosty (chris)
Posted
Posted

There was a song by the Lovin' Spoonful mid 70's I think called "Did you ever have to make up your mind", just about answers you question, it's on you tube.

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Well I have stuck to my guns and not pursued either one. Because of that both started to pursue me by conversations, texts etc. Mexican Rosie is trying much harder than the cute Pinay. Also conversations with the cute Pinay are VERY superficial. Not making a choice just an update. Meanwhile I am talking to other girls around here and not limiting myself. Thanks for all the advice guys!  :cheersty:

• Like 3

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

And now to throw one back on our friend the OP, El Negrito.

Notice mate, most of the forum members are receiving pensions, not very many many of our wifes hold jobs,but there are a few.

Whether the Filipina is good or bad, I will maintain most of them are good. However what most of them are looking for is some form of financial security with a partner. This falls in place above whether or not they actually love you. They say that all the time. I am not so bad looking, but it is still a stretch to be called handsome, gwapo at my age.

I recommend as others have said a longer visit. With an open mind as to potential partners.

I can go into an SM Mall in the AM and be in a relationship by the same evening, but it doesn't mean anything until you face the reality, the long haul.

Is financial consideration a factor for our girls? Yep, very rarely can be denied. The distinction I would make is unlike the Great American Gold-digger, these girls tend to view financial concerns in a more simple pragmatic way. Can he provide a safe living condition, provide for food and maybe some extra comforts?

Unlike where the Great American Gold-digger will plan to Hoover vacuum your wallet from day one, these girls can and generally do give their hearts. They are simply trying to have some sense of security in their lives. Having seen the jaw dropping poverty that can wait for the young girl that chooses poorly, I don't blame them.

But you are right- I could walk into any SM mall in the morning and have my new Mrs. by afternoon almost any day. Difference between our culture and theirs is rather than scheming how to clean you out immediately, your girl there is most likely to be committed to making it work from day one - if for no other reason than to avoid loss of face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)

Then of course Big El, after you have done all your Deciding you face another Big Decision  :unsure:  Do you actually want to be married again?

I mean this is is what it is all about. Yes? I was faced with this some years ago and WOW what a decision time I had.

You do the Pro's and Con's stuff many many times but in the End I bought the Book and only went to the Library for Books :thumbsup:

(think about you guys)

JP  :tiphat: post-2148-0-34944400-1443086016.png

post-2148-0-77869700-1443086161_thumb.jp Usual Edit time  :hystery:

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 2

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
Is financial consideration a factor for our girls? Yep, very rarely can be denied. The distinction I would make is unlike the Great American Gold-digger, these girls tend to view financial concerns in a more simple pragmatic way. Can he provide a safe living condition, provide for food and maybe some extra comforts? Unlike where the Great American Gold-digger will plan to Hoover vacuum your wallet from day one, these girls can and generally do give their hearts. They are simply trying to have some sense of security in their lives. Having seen the jaw dropping poverty that can wait for the young girl that chooses poorly, I don't blame them. But you are right- I could walk into any SM mall in the morning and have my new Mrs. by afternoon almost any day. Difference between our culture and theirs is rather than scheming how to clean you out immediately, your girl there is most likely to be committed to making it work from day one - if for no other reason than to avoid loss of face.

Not sure about the one here in Mexico but for the Pinay that is probably the case.

Coffeehound
Posted
Posted

Is financial consideration a factor for our girls? Yep, very rarely can be denied. The distinction I would make is unlike the Great American Gold-digger, these girls tend to view financial concerns in a more simple pragmatic way. Can he provide a safe living condition, provide for food and maybe some extra comforts? Unlike where the Great American Gold-digger will plan to Hoover vacuum your wallet from day one, these girls can and generally do give their hearts. They are simply trying to have some sense of security in their lives. Having seen the jaw dropping poverty that can wait for the young girl that chooses poorly, I don't blame them. But you are right- I could walk into any SM mall in the morning and have my new Mrs. by afternoon almost any day. Difference between our culture and theirs is rather than scheming how to clean you out immediately, your girl there is most likely to be committed to making it work from day one - if for no other reason than to avoid loss of face.

Not sure about the one here in Mexico but for the Pinay that is probably the case.

I'm starting to thing your multi national talent search is simply your unique expression of bipolar disorder my friend!

Regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted
I'm starting to thing your multi national talent search is simply your unique expression of bipolar disorder my friend! Regards

I live in Mexico and have for the last 9 years. I am not on a "talent search" nor am I bipolar. My wife passed away after 5 years of marriage and only now am I coming to grips with how lonely I feel but I would rather be lonely than choose the wrong girl. Why do you make such remarks about a person you don't know?

• Like 2