Did You Ever Have To Finally Decide?

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

Since you are in the Recon am going to bring up the 500 pound gorilla in the room. FAMILY?

Younger girl, younger brothers and sisters? If they are from the province are the siblings employed? Are they sending her to university in the hopes of getting a good job and sending the rest to school? Or is she the youngest?

How many times have we seen members talk about requests for money etc, etc, etc,. Since you are doing deep background. Might want to check this aspect out.

6 kids in the family. Not sure were she falls in but I she has a younger sister from our conversations, can't quite recall at the moment. Parents sending her to school and yes in hopes of a better job. Bit of a red flag there. Not sure if they are sending her to send the rest either.

Seems like all live in the province as far as I know but I am not sure about one sister she mentioned. I think at least one is in Manila. During chat one time she told me she hadn't eaten breakfast and was hungry. I asked why and the response? "We're poor" That was a big red flag for me. I have never had a Pinay use that on me before. Even when they were poor they didn't mention it. But I will not send money, ever. Well not until after a year or so of marriage.

One thing that puzzles me is that she is willing to come here to Mexico which is not exactly the land of opportunity. Another concern is when I told her I was training for a new job her first question was about the pay. I will head your wise advice Scott.

• Like 2

Larry45
Posted
Posted

I would definitely choose contestant #1, with the information given.  But these two girls couldn't be any less similar and considering the dichotomy of your query, it's almost certain neither of them would make you happy.  If the Filipina is choice 'A' and the Mexican is 'Z' then maybe something around 'M' would suit you better.  If it was me, I would focus on Mexican girls as it will be much easier to relate to them.  and you won't have to learn the language and nuances of an entirely different culture.  If you don't find what you are looking for in a few years there, then you can hop on over to Philippines and still be considered a younger ex-pat here.

By the way, I love Mexico, traveled all over the colonial highlands around 2001-2002 and lived in Zacatecas for a year.  But in 2010 when I semi-retired, it was just too dangerous for me to consider moving there full-time.  Sad, because I got along with Mexicans much better than I do Filipinos.  Good luck to ya!   :)  

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
One thing that puzzles me is that she is willing to come here to Mexico which is not exactly the land of opportunity

:hystery: REally Big E??? somebody give this cat a cup of wake up juice :bash:  (just teasing brother) Man you will find Filipino (s) all over the world. I remember doing maneuvers with the Ukrainian Army in a place called L'viv Ukraine, walked into a shop and the cashier was a Filipina, that's the strangest place I have run into a Filipina. They will go anywhere if they think they can make money there. 

• Like 5

MacBubba
Posted
Posted
6 kids in the family. Not sure were she falls in but I she has a younger sister from our conversations, can't quite recall at the moment. Parents sending her to school and yes in hopes of a better job. Bit of a red flag there. Not sure if they are sending her to send the rest either. Seems like all live in the province as far as I know but I am not sure about one sister she mentioned. I think at least one is in Manila. During chat one time she told me she hadn't eaten breakfast and was hungry. I asked why and the response? "We're poor" That was a big red flag for me. I have never had a Pinay use that on me before. Even when they were poor they didn't mention it. But I will not send money, ever. Well not until after a year or so of marriage. One thing that puzzles me is that she is willing to come here to Mexico which is not exactly the land of opportunity. Another concern is when I told her I was training for a new job her first question was about the pay. I will head your wise advice Scott.

Multiple red flags there. 

Neither option sounds promising.

• Like 2

WordsandMusic
Posted
Posted

Jake if it ever hits the fan and we are in the same country, I'm with you!

I read that post and felt like I was going on the mission of a life time! 

I suppose when you are looking for someone to spend the rest of your life with, it is a mission of a life time!!

Anyway you take care of logistics and I'll do security!!

• Like 2

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
One thing that puzzles me is that she is willing to come here to Mexico which is not exactly the land of opportunity. Another concern is when I told her I was training for a new job her first question was about the pay.

Bear in mind, El, that she probably has only the vaguest notion of where "Mexico" is, and she almost certainly believes that Mexico is a part of the USA. 

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

One thing that puzzles me is that she is willing to come here to Mexico which is not exactly the land of opportunity. Another concern is when I told her I was training for a new job her first question was about the pay.

Bear in mind, El, that she probably has only the vaguest notion of where "Mexico" is, and she almost certainly believes that Mexico is a part of the USA. 

Wait a minute Andrew......I thought all along that California was part of Mexico?  

Big EL.....we appreciate you talking about your predicament (choices) out in the open.  Together it seems, we can decipher some of the nuances of their hidden agendas or continue to investigate until you are certain, she is not the right one for you (or us).....he, he.  It's like going window shopping with you.  Next time, we should go window shopping in Amsterdam......oooh yeah! 

• Like 3

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

To be honest mate I haven't read anything other than your original post so I may be reiterating things that have already been said.  I've spent a lot of time in the Philippines, as some of you know, I even built a house with "the one" about 2 hours North of Dumaguete and we spent a months together and I'd known her in real life for years prior to that due to a family connection.  We split in the end, she wanted more kids, that part of my life is over, we're still good friends.  Do not, under any circumstances, commit to anything until you've spent a great deal of time with either one.  You can't know for sure, until you're together.  It's no different from meeting someone on your local dating site in the US, or any other country to be honest, would you jump in there feet first?  I think not.  

You have options, and feet on the ground will be the true test of anything.  Some of you know how I ended up with my ex, it was through a 20 year family connection, there's people that have met their life partner on the interwebs, there's others that have been burnt badly.  

Just sayin'.

Brett

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 2

Thomas
Posted
Posted

Some Filipinos seem to believe "everything" outside Asia belong to USA   :)

E g I have heared different Filipinas believing that concerning Greece and Sweden...

• Like 1

El Negrito
Posted
Posted

One thing that puzzles me is that she is willing to come here to Mexico which is not exactly the land of opportunity

:hystery: REally Big E??? somebody give this cat a cup of wake up juice :bash:  (just teasing brother) Man you will find Filipino (s) all over the world. I remember doing maneuvers with the Ukrainian Army in a place called L'viv Ukraine, walked into a shop and the cashier was a Filipina, that's the strangest place I have run into a Filipina. They will go anywhere if they think they can make money there. 

Wow that is surprising. I have been to Ukraine a couple times and lived in Kiev for 6 months and I must say from what I remember is is much worse off than Mexico. That said, in 9 years, I have never seen a Filipino or Filipina here.