Retirement Villa On Panglao

Thomas
Posted
Posted
Thomas, do you really think anti-burglar bars are advisable on Panglao? I've been reading Bohol News Today online for about 2 years and the worst thing to happen in Songculan during that time has been dog poisonings. I did read that Dauis is the 10th most drug-affected municipality in Bohol and Songculan is the 2nd most drug-affected barangay in Dauis.
I don't know, I don't research "tourist places", which I count Panglao too.

An expat, who lived there ealier, said there are rather much THEFT there, but them he told were things left OUTSIDE the house, inside the fence.

--

I forgot to tell an advantage with the strong shutters. They give rather good protection against (not big) flying objects during typhons.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

about 2 years and the worst thing to happen in Songculan during that time has been dog poisonings.

Strange you have brought this up but wait, Not strange at all, very prevalent just at this time. Although not Directly related to the Topic but certainly something that people may like to Think about. Here on Negros and certainly Around Dumaguete and out lying Areas, Dog Poisoning is on the up again, This issue has been whittled down to what the Local Captains and the PNP is being seen as a Precursor to Break ins and Car/Motorbike thefts from Gardens. So to me, if you hear of Dogs being Poisoned, wait a few days to a week and see if anything Strange is Happening in the Locality of the Bad Deeds done, Sometimes even the same night. I  have never really been a subscriber to No crime in any area, little crime maybe but we should all be aware of that time when opportunists  are about.

Just saying :thumbsup:

Jackpost-2148-0-64312900-1443837862.png

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
Guy F.
Posted
Posted

PI%20house%20with%20roof_zpsuhusl7l5.jpg

The roof is finished.

12179095_893247337396286_1133390838_n_zp

Wiring detail, ceiling.

12170470_893247550729598_1044247918_n_zp

Wiring detail, attic.

• Like 4

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

PI%20house%20roof%20insulation_zpsivrm8l

Roof insulation.

PI%20house%20front%20gate%20area_zpsfxfq

The gate will be here.

PI%20house%20shower_zpszycoz7u7.jpg

One of the shower stalls.

PI%20house%20back%20wall_zpsvrfeyzkv.jpg

The back wall. Looks like they got a little careless here. There is a slight vertical curve in it.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

looking great :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Enjoying the pictures,  your villa is going to be lovely.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Well done very impressive. Tiles sure looks neat and tidy.

One thing I am curious about is what is the timber used in the ceilings and if treated what chemical was used?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Well done very impressive. Tiles sure looks neat and tidy.

One thing I am curious about is what is the timber used in the ceilings and if treated what chemical was used?

Excellent question, which had occurred to me as well. I will try to find the answer.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

The man in charge says "As what our lumber supplier said that it was treated, but Im thinking to treate it again when I will be there or put steel reinforcement."

The fence/wall crew are locals and are entirely separate from the house construction crew. I'll be looking at the fence/wall carefully when I get there.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

How is the price going for the project, and are you pleased so far with what is happening on the build too