Retirement Villa On Panglao

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

looks fantastic,

Thanks stevewool. Your house is looking fantastic considering what you paid for it.

earthdome
Posted
Posted

House looks very nice. Looks like good quality materials and workmanship.

I didn't notice any security bars on the windows or sliding glass doors. Those just haven't been installed yet?

Guy F.
Posted
Posted (edited)

House looks very nice. Looks like good quality materials and workmanship.

I didn't notice any security bars on the windows or sliding glass doors. Those just haven't been installed yet?

Thanks.

See posts 15 thru 22. We will have an electronic security system. Was considering installing fake video surveillance cameras (they're cheap) but a Filipino friend with relevant experience convinced me that would make it look too much as though there would be something inside worth stealing. He also says it's a bad idea to wear Aloha shirts and shoes because that's like painting a target on yourself.

Edited by Guy F.
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
Guy F.
Posted
Posted

12243806_903539723033714_868865134_n_zps

The front looks done.

12212084_900491433338543_1576079159_n_zp

A door

12233487_900493356671684_851655303_n_zps

The deck railing looks sturdy.

12233461_900496423338044_534325074_n_zps

View from the roof.

• Like 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Beautiful

jkeenan213
Posted
Posted

And I just sent a BB box with Hawaiian shirts...nuts.  House is beautiful.  Railing looks like it's not going to be an issue at all.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Great looking place Guy. Isn't it amazing how good they look after some of the things you saw during construction lolol.

Kind of weird though, your balcony railing is the exact same as mine. I personally don't like the style that much, and tried to get them to change it but trying to get them to look at alternatives was like :1 (103): . Amazing really, when discussing the planning phase, they foreman and architect all seem to speak great English, but once you want to make a suggestion, blank looks all over :hystery:  :hystery:  :tiphat:  :cheersty:

• Like 3

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

Great looking place Guy. Isn't it amazing how good they look after some of the things you saw during construction lolol.

Kind of weird though, your balcony railing is the exact same as mine. I personally don't like the style that much, and tried to get them to change it but trying to get them to look at alternatives was like :1 (103): . Amazing really, when discussing the planning phase, they foreman and architect all seem to speak great English, but once you want to make a suggestion, blank looks all over :hystery:  :hystery:  :tiphat:  :cheersty:

I think all horizontal railings would look better but vertical ones (except for the top one) are safer. With horizontal railings small children could climb over them and get themselves into trouble.

Guy F.
Posted
Posted

And I just sent a BB box with Hawaiian shirts...nuts.  House is beautiful.  Railing looks like it's not going to be an issue at all.

We will just have to be careful about where we wear our Hawaiian shirts. Parties would be OK but malls are iffy and places like Carbon Market would be asking for trouble.

RBM
Posted
Posted

Yes railings of Scott and exactly our roof.....Bet it came from Excel in Cebu? Ours to a T and there a great roof.

Congrats Guy, place looks a treat, now, just when you think most expenses finished the landscaping starts and look out......Just an hour ago spent P70k on out door furniture, but have a very happy other half so guess it's worth it.

Plus now at the senior age, we just buy everything as good quality as we can and hopefully long lasting maintenance free.