When Do You Think You Would Be Too Old To Be A Father

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

On Sunday my daughter was outside playing with the girl next door my wife was out and the lady doctor who is the little girls mum.I went out to have a smoke and the doctor didn`t notice me there and was saying to my daughter do you want a brother. Well she noticed me and went red I told her that we will try for a baby next year so keep some time spare for us.

Later my wife told me she doesn`t want a baby next as she wants to build the house first.I told her that next year is the last year I am prepared to have one as I want to be young enough to play and be active with my children and if I am too old maybe I cannot. So what age do you think is too old to become a father again?

• Like 1

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Personally I think the answer to that question would be totally subjective to the person asking. Myself, I think I'm too old at 57. YMMV. I kinda like the grandpa role. I have 3 grand kids. I can spoil them and then give 'em back.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

So what age do you think is too old to become a father again?

Well at 67+ I would have a go, it keeps my friend in Dumaguete on his toes and he is 73

Chris 49 seems to Enjoy late Fatherhood, no doubt he will chip in Soon

Jack :)

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

On Sunday my daughter was outside playing with the girl next door my wife was out and the lady doctor who is the little girls mum.I went out to have a smoke and the doctor didn`t notice me there and was saying to my daughter do you want a brother. Well she noticed me and went red I told her that we will try for a baby next year so keep some time spare for us.

Later my wife told me she doesn`t want a baby next as she wants to build the house first.I told her that next year is the last year I am prepared to have one as I want to be young enough to play and be active with my children and if I am too old maybe I cannot. So what age do you think is too old to become a father again?

It is not my decision solely. If my wife asks for children or by mutual consent we agree, that means we are willing to undertake the role of parenting. I am not going to put any limits on what a younger woman wants.

I see no enforced limit except on the side of the wife. If she's over 40, no previous kids, the risk factors do go up sharply.

In your case Sonjack, she has told you building the house is more important.

I have 5 kids, 3 older. I was present in the delivery room for the last 4 births. There is nothing like it, one of life's great moments x 4. At 66 will probably not have more, but will not rule it out completely.

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

I would say, for me, 25 ha ha.  That was my age when my daughter was born and I don't want anymore kids. (not her fault... just I had a boy and a girl, and now I am done).

I am now 51 and could not imagine raising another kid.  We got a 5 year old cousin that comes over and he is fun... for about 15 minutes.  My wife is 27 and says she does not want any kids.  If she changes her mind later - she will have to find a boyfriend to help her with the mechanics of that...  :tiphat:

• Like 2

virginprune
Posted
Posted

Personally speaking, many years ago! This has been discussed with complete agreement on both sides. I am 60 and my lady is 44.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

And Abraham was an hundred years old, when his son Isaac was born unto him. ..

• Like 2

chris49
Posted
Posted

Personally speaking, many years ago! This has been discussed with complete agreement on both sides. I am 60 and my lady is 44.

I thought your user name gave you an alibi,  :unsure: , not to have any.

• Like 3

Richieboy67
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm 48 and my wife is pregnant. I guess I'll find out if I'm too old.

Fortunately I am very immature for my age. :)

Edited by Richieboy67
  • Like 5