When Do You Think You Would Be Too Old To Be A Father

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

My situation is similar to Richieboy67, My Filipina partner is expecting soon (about the 8th February), I am 55 years young and I guess I will find out if I am too old, I never had kids before and this wasn't planned (well not by me anyway, Lol  :bash: )  but hey ho!... Who dares wins Rodders!!

All joking aside, don't see meself joining in on school sports day!! Lol. 

:cheersty:

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

And just so some of our more inexperienced members know, filipinas see having a child as validating a relationship.  This, despite the things they see around them every day there with regards to men, multiple gf's, etc.  

• Like 3

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

And just so some of our more inexperienced members know, filipinas see having a child as validating a relationship.  This, despite the things they see around them every day there with regards to men, multiple gf's, etc.  

That seems to be true - but so many of the foreigners I know have had vasectomies I guess a lot of Filipinas will have to do without.  Most of them ask why we get it done, and just look confused.  Family planning is not a major concern for many here....  :tiphat:

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Later my wife told me she doesn`t want a baby next as she wants to build the house first.I told her that next year is the last year I am prepared to have one as I want to be young enough to play and be active with my children and if I am too old maybe I cannot. So what age do you think is too old to become a father again?

Another great topic Kevin!  And I must say, all great responses too.  Forced me to dig deep down about responsibilities and priorities as a much older father.  All kinds of conflicting but valid issues arises: finance (house or baby), health, time and most of all patience.  I think in your situation, your wife made the final decision.  And I think your wife has a valid point.  Her immediate plan to improve quality of life for the immediate family (new home) is a noble plan.  Rather than be burdened of another 9 months pregnancy, plus baby care for the next few years.  

Let's look from a different perspective -- the child.  I understand by the time the child reaches the age of 4-6, the personality is already established for the rest of his/her life.  Moving forward, the first moment of defiance is a successful and forceful control of bowel movement (no more diapers). The key word is control and often times it gets out of control as a more defiant young teenager. From that point on, I feel as a father, fatherhood was becoming less and less fun.  

As a grandfather however, the fun gets better and better.  Respectfully -- Jake

• Like 3

Thomas
Posted
Posted

It depend of how old I expect I will be, and that I believe will depend much of if my injury will heal enough to manage to exersise to get back some good stamina.

I aim at the YOUNGEST will be at least 15, hopefully over 20 when I die.

2. Will you still have the energy and patience 5, 10, 15 years from now?
Yes, sure if the kids will be calm as I were as small child,

NOT even when I were 20 year old, if the kids will be wild as my younger sister   :mocking:

4. If you pass, are there sufficient financial and familial resources to raise the child through college?
Yes, if the house has no loan then. Not to college though, but I don't plan to spend any money at college for them anyway    :)    (except if any of them want very much to work with something which DEMAND license, which demand exam.)  Aiming at they will have KNOWLEDGE to be business leaders, or other work in the family business. 
5. Is this something you BOTH really want?
Yes. Perhaps we will need some negotiation concerning how many   :)   (Probably 2.)
  • Like 4