Fallout From Terror Attacks In Europe

MikeB
Posted
Posted

The original ISIS were remnants of the Iraqi army that was disbanded in 2003 by L. Paul Bremer, head of the Coalition Provisional Authority. They weren’t paid so they took their weapons and went home, deeply bitter. That was “Order #2; Order #1 disbanded the Ba'ath party and threw most of the top administrators and educators in the country out of work. That was pre-Bush lapdog Maliki’s time. An amazing amount of damage Mr Bremer did in 13 months.The PBS Frontline documentary “Losing Iraq” is a good source (on youtube), it traces the whole thing from beginning to Bush and Maliki’s last press conference in Dec, 2008 when the Iraqi journalist threw his shoes at a very surprised President Bush, screaming “murderer” and “dog”, the supreme insult for an Arab. The defining moment of a failed policy, failed Presidency, failed man.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Rubbish. There was no need to drop the atomic bombs on Japan. The Japanese were ready to surrender before the US dropped the atomic bomb's. They were already trying to come to terms via Russian intermediaries.

I was not going to respond to this at first but as an attitude came in and Things get rubbished I tend to like to get things a little 2 side and not take rubbish as the Answer. Now lets look at this from the other side of the Coin, Some just did not like the Russians at that time. Wrong to assume I know but.............

*  The Soviet Union had yet to launch its attack on Japanese forces, and so one assumption in the report was that the Soviet Union would instead ally with Japan if the Western Allies commenced hostilities* 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Unthinkable

A decision was made and to my mind this could have been the Reason.

Rightly or Wrongly and it is My Opinion, based on what is written the right one. Remove the problem and don't let there be anything a once Ally can use to attack and resurrect something that should have Finished. 

We all say that people never learn from Mistakes. I believe they do in a lot of cases but we can always see the Arm Chair Generals thinking they know or can do better.

There is no easy answer to the current problem but all can learn from mistakes, lets hope they do. A bad decision can sometimes be a better decision than No decision and this is to me is  where the problem lies now, No one at the top of Countries seems to have the balls to make a decision.

70+ years ago is gone, time to concentrate on the Here & How and Tomorrows future.

If you think this is Rubbish please tell us your Solution. :unsure:

Jack  :no:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted
please tell us your Solution.

Make Love not War :thumbsup:

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Make babies not Love.....he, he.  Anyway, depending on which history was read, each individual has his own theory about whether we should have used the A bombs in Japan.  I will go by what most of the Army generals and admirals decided to end the war as soon as possible rather than suffer another beach invasion, like the deadly Iwo Jima and Okinawa assault.  

Oh well, in the case of ISIS........we (humanity) are dealing with all fronts and sometimes, within our own borders. Surgical strikes from both special ops with on station air strikes against the command structure will slowly bring them down to their knees.  Of course another snake will grow from the Medusa's head but at least we'll get them running back to their caves.......I hope. 

Respectfully -- Jake

Edited by Jake
  • Like 5

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

We tried that but now the only Cheeks left to turn are they ones they can Kiss!

Their service but they must expect an ace type Return of Ball. Even a snail will turn

Jack :)

Morning all. :morning1:

• Like 1

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Well today we the English may know if we are to join the airstrikes of bombing , or not, 

If there was a way to stop this quick i would say yes to the vote ( thats if i could vote ), but i am afraid its got to be boots on the ground to bring this to a halt, just my own thoughts maybe

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

i am afraid its got to be boots on the ground to bring this to a halt, just my own thoughts maybe

That will be another Great Shame but I fear you may be Right.

Jack :unsure:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

i am afraid its got to be boots on the ground to bring this to a halt, just my own thoughts maybe

That will be another Great Shame but I fear you may be Right.

Jack :unsure:

I hope there are no boots on the ground.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I hope there are no boots on the ground.

If there are to be any Boots on the ground, let them be worn by the No good Asylum Seekers sent back back to fight in their own Countries. They seem to be running in Boots to escape the Problem let them sort it.

MVHO

Jack  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)

Well today we the English may know if we are to join the airstrikes of bombing , or not, 

If there was a way to stop this quick i would say yes to the vote ( thats if i could vote ), but i am afraid its got to be boots on the ground to bring this to a halt, just my own thoughts maybe

Unfortunately, having boots on the ground is the only way to insure a clean sweep, even if all the buildings and infrastructure were destroyed from the air.  The small pockets of terrorists can still create havoc when we say Mission Accomplished -- yeah, right.

Perhaps, our resident senior non commission officer Scott (US Army) can give us further details on tactical and strategic reason why we need boots on the ground.  

Here is something to ponder about -- why are we telling everybody about our plans, schedule and execution of having our special forces in Iraq?  http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/12/02/us-mideast-crisis-kerry-idUSKBN0TL0X120151202#zERoq7qTMjjcAUbw.97

"We will continue to work very, very closely with our Iraqi partners on exactly who would be deployed, where they would be deployed, what kinds of missions people would undertake, how they would support Iraqi efforts to degrade and destroy ISIL."

To me, it sounds like political correctness takes priority over the lives of our troops.

Edited by Jake
  • Like 1