Another Air Con Topic

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

I purchased a 3hp split type aircon with solar assist. Just delivered today. Will be installed tomorrow. Supposed to save up to 35% on electric cost. I really won't know because I have nothing to compare. My electric gets read tomorrow as well, so I'll let you know in a month what it costs to run

Can you share more about it?  Brand, model, etc.?  What type of room and the size?  You can PM me if you don't want share it on the open forum.

I don't mind sharing. But first let me correct myself. I got a 2.5hp not a 3 (my mistake) Anyways, the model is a true OEM. Import from China. Not a brand name marking anywhere on the thing. I know I'm taking my chances. But hey. What is life without a little bit of risk? I purchased it from a direct importer here in Quezon City. They are also providing the installation services.

I'm hoping it will cool my entire ground floor, about 40sqm in total. That includes living area, dining area, kitchen and one small bedroom. They are all in line with each other so I'm installing it on one end of the house in the living area and hoping the cool air will flow through the house. Maybe even trickle some up the stairs, but I think that's wishful thinking.

I have a spreadsheet that lists all the models, specs and pricing that the company offers. I will gladly PM it to anyone interested. I don't want to post it here as it contains company name, emails and phone numbers and I think that's against the rules. Isn't it?

Just FYI, all the models in the spreadsheet can be heater/aircon or aircon only. The prices at the top of the page are for heat/air the ones on the bottom are for aircon only. I got a 2.5hp wall mount type.

They're here right now installing as I speak. I'll let you know how it goes.

Ron

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

I'm hoping it will cool my entire ground floor, about 40sqm in total.

At 2.5 over 40 sq mtrs you should be Fine Ron, my 3 hp is Cooling  a Little over 100  :)

Jack :thumbsup:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Dave, it is exactly like the one in the link. Except my outdoor unit is the flat panel type as depicted in the last picture. Not the vacuum tube type. My indoor unit is an exact twin of that one.

p.s. UPDATE: They have the indoor unit installed and went for lunch. Won't be too much longer I hope.

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Dave, it is exactly like the one in the link. Except my outdoor unit is the flat panel type as depicted in the last picture. Not the vacuum tube type. My indoor unit is an exact twin of that one.

p.s. UPDATE: They have the indoor unit installed and went for lunch. Won't be too much longer I hope.

So those are NOT inverter type motors?  Conventional with solar system add-on?  I think my neighbor across the street has those same ones.  I will ask how they like them.

RonHenk
Posted
Posted
So those are NOT inverter type motors? Conventional with solar system add-on? I think my neighbor across the street has those same ones. I will ask how they like them

OMW, I'm not an HVAC type. So I don't know the difference between inverter and conventional. I asked the guy who sold it to me and you are correct. It is a conventional unit with solar assist.

• Like 3

RonHenk
Posted
Posted

Oh sweet blessed AC. How do I love thee? Let me count the ways! Aircon installed and working great. Let's hope it lasts. Anyways, after install they showed me that the compressor and inside unit were drawing 7 amps collectively. Is that good? They informed me that a typical conventional 2.5hp AC would draw about 15 to 18 amps. So I'm saving better than 50%. Is this true? Or are they just blowing smoke up my A**?

p.s. OMW, I hope I haven't hijacked your thread. That wasn't my intent.

Ron

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
OMW, I hope I haven't hijacked your thread. That wasn't my intent.

Not at all!  Good information for everyone!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
I have a spreadsheet that lists all the models, specs and pricing that the company offers. I will gladly PM it to anyone interested. I don't want to post it here as it contains company name, emails and phone numbers and I think that's against the rules. Isn't it?

No it's not against the rules unless you own the company or are making a financial gain by what ever you are posting.  :thumbsup:

jpbago
Posted
Posted

Our 1 hp Carrier window unit was giving off a musty smell, likely from not being used very much, so we asked around about getting it cleaned. My wife's sister gave us a number so we had the guys come over. They said they need to bring it to their shop. Three days later, it comes back but I don't use it for a week or so, then when I turn it on, it sounds different. Also, it doesn't cycle off and on but runs steady. I got curious so I went outside to look at it. They cleaned it alright. They cleaned out the 1 hp and put a 1/2 hp inside. They riveted tin to fill the extra space and had wire holding things together. I said let's go to the shop. She said no because they will shoot you. I said then let's go to the barangay or the police. She said no because then the a/c guys would shoot both of us. It is about that "saving face" thing. We have to kiss ass so they can save face.

• Like 3