New President

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Methersgate said:

Sunshine Mallari Capinpin was killed by gunmen who killed her uncle in Pampanga a few hours ago. She had been an enthusiastic supporter of Duterte... just collateral damage, of course...

I am not going to post the pictures of her corpse which you will find soon enough in Philippines media.

Pictures are already out on social media.

Rest in peace young woman.

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, MikeSwede said:

Pictures are already out on social media.

Rest in peace young woman.

Yes, indeed.

I think this is going to be a big story. Bound to happen sooner or later, but it has  happened now.

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
Just now, Methersgate said:

Yes, indeed.

I think this is going to be a big story. Bound to happen sooner or later, but it has  happened now.

It is in our neck of the woods, people are very very worried now.

• Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted

The odd thing is that whilst this is all over Facebook there has not yet been a report in the mainstream media. 

Something similar happened when Jennefer Laude was murdered. 

I suspect the Press are verifying the story, as they know it will be a big one.

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Methersgate said:

The odd thing is that whilst this is all over Facebook there has not yet been a report in the mainstream media. 

Something similar happened when Jennefer Laude was murdered. 

I suspect the Press are verifying the story, as they know it will be a big one.

They are waiting to hear what accusations will be made, depending on whom held the gun (and gun laws are suggested to be relaxed, btw).

We got this:

http://pinasheadlines.com/2016/06/12/anger-pity-fear-anxiety-are-feelings-expressed-on-facebook-for-the-death-of-sunshine-mallari/

Do not go there if you are having a late dinner.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Methersgate said:

Sunshine Mallari Capinpin was killed by gunmen who killed her uncle in Pampanga a few hours ago. She had been an enthusiastic supporter of Duterte... just collateral damage, of course...

I am not going to post the pictures of her corpse which you will find soon enough in Philippines media.

image.jpeg

With a statement like that I think you need to link the shooting a little more closely to what you are implying. Was it a drug shooting? Was it police doing the shooting? Was it drug dealers doing the shooting? Are you trying to say there never was a shooting before Duterte? Some 20 million voters supported Duterte and in crime torn Philippines it would be miraculous if none of them were ever affected by crime.

Have you got a link that would provide the particulars? I did look online but nothing came up, yet.

Edited by robert k

robert k
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, MikeSwede said:

I am still waiting for the first, overheated and round-feeted beer drinking tourist to be shot down.

No, I am not waiting for the very shooting, I am curious of what horrendous crimes that man "allegedly" had commit or "suspected" to "possibly" commit.

Yes, it will be abused and out of hands, even before the hero pistolero takes his seat.

We can joke as much as we want and need, it is still not the way forward for a country where a third are underpaid, out of jobs and even impoverished. They are a simple target for anyone who wants to put up against the new style of governance, since this group will not get more on their table by hunting down jaywalkers.

We are watching this live, from first row.

You don't have to wait. It has been happening for years. Men here on tourist visa get married, their wife leaves the men at home drinking beer (beer drinking tourist) and there is a home invasion murder. Now you can wait for something else. Or did you mean just since Duterte became president?

Methersgate
Posted
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, robert k said:

With a statement like that I think you need to link the shooting a little more closely to what you are implying. Was it a drug shooting? Was it police doing the shooting? Was it drug dealers doing the shooting? Are you trying to say there never was a shooting before Duterte? Some 20 million voters supported Duterte and in crime torn Philippines it would be miraculous if none of them were ever affected by crime.

Have you got a link that would provide the particulars? I did look online but nothing came up, yet.

There isn't much, but after a lot of Googling I did find this account in English on the Facebook page of an anti- Marcos group. I don't think this is at all a satisfactory source, and I hope that there will be accounts in the mainstream press tomorrow, but at least it is an account, with circumstantial details:

Starts:

BAKIT DAW MATATAKOT KUNG WALA NAMAN GINAGAWANG MASAMA? PAPAANO KUNG NADAMAY KA LANG?

SUNSHINE MALLARI CAPINPIN
a.k.a. Sunshine Mallari, an 18-year old beautiful lass from Arayat town in Pampanga and first-time voter, declared herself in her Facebook personal account:

"I'm a Filipino & my President is DUTERTE."

Sunshine was young and innocent but full of hopes and promises in life.

She honestly trusted that Davao City Mayor Digong Duterte, once elected as 16th President, would make a difference in her troubled town and in this country.

The May 13, 2016 simultaneous local and presidential elections introduced her to the dirty world of politics being a first-time voter. She had just turned 18.

But she never had a premonition that two bullets would snap her precious life in split seconds about 3:30 in the afternoon on Thursday, June 9.

Three unidentified motorcycle-riding gunmen suspected to be communist terrorists brutally killed her and her uncle, "SUSPECTED DRUG PUSHER" Enrique Mendiola a.k.a.,  39 years old and Barangay Tanod Chief of Barangay Mangga Cacutud, Arayat, Pampanga last Thursday, June 9 while going home to Campo Venzon in Barangay Mangga Cacutud.

Sunshine hitched ride on the tricycle driven by her uncle who was coming from a hearing at the Arayat Municipal Trial Court. While the tricycle was travelling along OG Road at the vicinity of Barangay Plazang Luma in Arayat, the motorcycle boarded by the three gunmen came close and without warning fired at them, hitting Sunshine in the face and armpit. Both victims died on the spot.

Apparently seasoned gunmen, the killers quickly but calmly fled the scene as if nothing happened.

Two weeks ago, gunmen shot dead a friend of Bong Mendiola. 
There were talks about town that both incidents were related and a local communist armed group was allegedly involved.

Both the CPP-NPA and remnants of the old Partido Komunista ng Pilipinas-Hukbong Mapagpalaya ng Bayan (PKP-HMB) are operating in Arayat and surrounding areas.

The military and the CPP-NPA had several bloody clashes in Arayat the past years.

SO ANO NA? COLLATERAL DAMAGE GANUN? 
Papaano pala yung katabi mo sa bus, jeep or sidewalk eh SUSPECTED PUSHER OR ADIK? PADATING ANG DEATH SQUAD at pinaulanan ng bala? Nadamay ka? COLLATERAL DAMAGE ka lang pala. CHANGISCOMING diba?

Ends.

If this is right, and it may not be, then the girl was a passenger on a tricycle ridden by her uncle who was the barangay tanod and who is said to have been a drug pusher and they were both shot and killed by motorcycle pillion passengers in the usual way, with a suggestion that the NPA were behind it. 

All very speculative.

Let's hope for a decent account tomorrow.

Edited by Methersgate

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)

I see, based on facebook. And the only possible reason for the killings was drugs. The NPA or possible NPA, have to remember this is facebook, never killed a political appointee before, or for any other reason?

Based on facebook, it may be a little early to rush to judgment.

I have never heard a Filipino call a girl a "lass".

Edited by robert k
should have said political appointee
  • Like 1

Methersgate
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, robert k said:

I see, based on facebook. And the only possible reason for the killings was drugs. The NPA or possible NPA, have to remember this is facebook, never killed a politician before, or for any other reason?

Based on facebook, it may be a little early to rush to judgment.

I have never heard a Filipino call a girl a "lass"