New President

robert k
Posted
Posted

You either have witnesses or evidence or you do not.

I can not believe that the people who could arrest Sven Berger who could not possibly have done it, for the murder of Ellah Joy Pique can't find a witness.

mogo51
Posted
Posted (edited)

Methersgate did you not read the article? It confirms he did win in a landslide .unless you have a maths deficiency, I call 3m a landslide as most would.

The rest of the article does not produce anything the people of Philippines did not know, nor did it stop them voting for.

What some US human rights do gooders have to say will mean zip to him.  So what is the point - he won!!!!

Edited by mogo51
typo
  • Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted

I have no trepidation over the newly elected president. I don't see where there would be anything to gain from persecuting tourists. Even if it became expedient to scapegoat foreign countries, what would be the point of persecuting tourists or foreigners resident in the country? I believe it is a non-issue.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Have not read anything derogatory he has been quoted in saying against foreigners. Apart from the comments relating to his two outbursts just before the elections.

my limited concern would be his seemingly extremely left leaning which may not go down well with many. As far as his curfews, liquor laws plus his anti stance on late night kareoke can only be seen as a plus.

Financial markets appear to be reacting positive, somehow I doubt this will continue and many I know are currently deferring plans to change significient dollars.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 5/21/2016 at 8:06 PM, Sander Martin said:

Dutertes goal of getting a steel mill going is a joke. Steel mill itself is great, but hes ad on TV said that once he gets the steel mill going Phillipines can start producing cars, cellphones etc. There was a huge list of items that have steel parts. Yes while most items contain steel(some more, some less), then steel is the easiest component. There is alot more in building a car then a steel frame :D... The reason why there isn't meny multi national manufacturing plants here is all political and how corrupt and hard everything is. 

Just look at Thailand. Plants everywhere, all the big Japanese car builders have plants (because of the Thai rule that if its a imported car you pay double the money on tax). Thats why 99% of the cars there are Japanese brands made in Thailand. You got to be really rich to own a BMW or Merc when the cars cost you double on what they cost in Europe.

It may not be as much of a joke as you think Sander.  Big business ie. car manufacturers here are far from happy with output at their factories due to the propensity for Thais to take days off at will, with Government support.  Foreign investment has fallen dramatically in Thailand as a result.

Who is to say he may not strike  a deal for manufacturing of motor vehicles in the future?  I would not be selling this guy short.  He may be different, but he is not stupid IMO,

• Like 2

Tukaram (Tim)
Posted
Posted

We just got a new "mini sound" system in the neighborhood... I am ready for the 9 PM loud music ban - where are the death squads when we need them ha ha :tiphat:

• Like 2

MikeSwede
Posted
Posted

My limited experience of the common mentality here, I can only vent my own personal view on things, with no intention of recommending or predict anything. I would be foolish trying.

Politics to me, here or elsewhere, is interesting, a result of humans wish to evolve and discover. Sometimes they strike gold and all is good, and often they don't since politics so often is built on compromises (yeah, democracy...) and most common factor will rule.

Interesting, yes, but it never brings out too much excitement in me.

Cool inventions, smart business moves, kind gestures and a really good song do that much better.

I like the general attitude of those who voted for him, it shows some gusto in getting things done. Hope, I would call it.

• Like 4

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 5/21/2016 at 8:06 PM, Sander Martin said:

Dutertes goal of getting a steel mill going is a joke. Steel mill itself is great, but hes ad on TV said that once he gets the steel mill going Phillipines can start producing cars, cellphones etc. There was a huge list of items that have steel parts. Yes while most items contain steel(some more, some less), then steel is the easiest component. There is alot more in building a car then a steel frame :D... The reason why there isn't meny multi national manufacturing plants here is all political and how corrupt and hard everything is. 

Just look at Thailand. Plants everywhere, all the big Japanese car builders have plants (because of the Thai rule that if its a imported car you pay double the money on tax). Thats why 99% of the cars there are Japanese brands made in Thailand. You got to be really rich to own a BMW or Merc when the cars cost you double on what they cost in Europe.

I did not select this quote, it did it itself and I have no idea how to get rid of it, I merely selected reply?  When I find out where the cache is hiding, maybe I can fix it?

I merely wanted to say, 'good quote Mike' 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
31 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

I did not select this quote, it did it itself and I have no idea how to get rid of it, I merely selected reply?  When I find out where the cache is hiding, maybe I can fix it?

I merely wanted to say, 'good quote Mike' 

Seems you are experiencing the same thing that OMW and I suffered, this is part of the ongoing Topic with JGF at the moment.

Oooops.jpg Sorry to Digress but...........:whistling:

Jack:shades:

Morning All:morning1: ( Feeling a lot better today)

• Like 1