MILK, good as fresh

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

I was able to pick up a carton of Devondale milk at Hyper Market in Cebu, so when I try it, I'll give my review:)

• Like 2

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Queenie O. said:

I was able to pick up a carton of Devondale milk at Hyper Market in Cebu, so when I try it, I'll give my review:)

Its good if you like UHT milk Queenie ?.

Sander Martin
Posted
Posted (edited)
On 19 May 2016 at 10:09 AM, Jollygoodfellow said:

What about powdered milk. Is that available there these days other than baby formula?  :cornflakes:

Powdered milk has oxidized cholesterol which is bad for you (the oxidized cholesterol is produced when the milk is dried). And it tasts like crap. Also alot of the powdered milk have meny bad ingredients added (like vegetable oils). Check your baby formulas!! We were recommended G26 Gold formula by the hospital and its spiked with vegetable oils!!! Vegetable oils are really sh&t for you as usually you need chemicals to produce them.

how Canola oil is made. Most of the vegetable oil production (if not all) needs alot of chemicals. They call it healthy with all the chemical sh&t that is used to produce it..... Vegetable oil is only "healthy" for the big corporations as they can add crap to produce things you buy and get more money... They blame butter and lard for all the hearth attacks when in reality the problem has started in the last 70 years (after vegetable oils came out). We have been eating butter and lard for thousands of year... (Vegetable oil only came out last century). The lard and butter consumption has gone down alot, but the hearth attack rate has gone ne up. The anti Cholesterol hate started with one scientist.. 1960s He had data from 21 countries and he cherry picked 7 to show that cholesterol is "bad". That started the war againts cholesterol.... Today we know that hes "research" was bullsh&t, but we still follow it because the big corporations make alot of money out of selling us unhealthy cheap vegetable oils.

There is NO good or bad cholesterol. There is only one cholesterol!! LDL (bad cholesterol) and HDL (good cholesterol) are not cholesterol..... They are lipoprotein that is used to transport cholesterol!!

For cooking i use Coconut oil/butter. For salads i use extra virgin olive oil. Extra virgin means first press. There is still oil left after the extra virgin olive oil is pressed out..... They use chemicals to get the last drops out....

Edited by Sander Martin
  • Like 1

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

The Devondale full cream milk that I picked up the other day was really good. It was less watery, and had a wholesome milky, creamy taste. More like the milk that I'd been missing. It's Devondale milk for me from now on.:)  Thanks for bringing it to our attention Intrepid!

Queenie

• Like 3

robert k
Posted
Posted
On ‎5‎/‎21‎/‎2016 at 0:18 PM, Sander Martin said:

Powdered milk has oxidized cholesterol which is bad for you (the oxidized cholesterol is produced when the milk is dried). And it tasts like crap. Also alot of the powdered milk have meny bad ingredients added (like vegetable oils). Check your baby formulas!! We were recommended G26 Gold formula by the hospital and its spiked with vegetable oils!!! Vegetable oils are really sh&t for you as usually you need chemicals to produce them.

how Canola oil is made. Most of the vegetable oil production (if not all) needs alot of chemicals. They call it healthy with all the chemical sh&t that is used to produce it..... Vegetable oil is only "healthy" for the big corporations as they can add crap to produce things you buy and get more money... They blame butter and lard for all the hearth attacks when in reality the problem has started in the last 70 years (after vegetable oils came out). We have been eating butter and lard for thousands of year... (Vegetable oil only came out last century). The lard and butter consumption has gone down alot, but the hearth attack rate has gone ne up. The anti Cholesterol hate started with one scientist.. 1960s He had data from 21 countries and he cherry picked 7 to show that cholesterol is "bad". That started the war againts cholesterol.... Today we know that hes "research" was bullsh&t, but we still follow it because the big corporations make alot of money out of selling us unhealthy cheap vegetable oils.

There is NO good or bad cholesterol. There is only one cholesterol!! LDL (bad cholesterol) and HDL (good cholesterol) are not cholesterol..... They are lipoprotein that is used to transport cholesterol!!

For cooking i use Coconut oil/butter. For salads i use extra virgin olive oil. Extra virgin means first press. There is still oil left after the extra virgin olive oil is pressed out..... They use chemicals to get the last drops out....

I agree. If you place McDo French fries under a clear glass cover they have a half life of probably 50 years. Potatos fried in butter or lard will start breaking down in a day or two. If something doesn't rot, don't eat it, it's probably indigestible.

• 3 weeks later...
Queenie O.
Posted
Posted

Hey guys--I baked a creamy and custardy rice pudding with raisins this morning for breakfast using the Devondale full cream milk:)

• Like 4

virginprune
Posted
Posted

I have not seen Devondale in my neck of the jungle. I used to use that Cow brand in a carton, semi skimmed, around 80p ltr. Now I use a French brand called Elle & Vire organic semi skimmed, the full fat has the UHT taste yechh! It is expensive at 200p ltr but as I only use it for coffee and tea it lasts me around a week. The same brand also does cooking cream and whipping cream. They're butter, salted and unsalted, is also very good at 156p for 225g. The butter is very similar to the President brand I used to use in the uk.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, virginprune said:

I have not seen Devondale in my neck of the jungle.

I had never seen it here in Subic but they had it in Olongapo SM Supermarket a week or two ago.  You might want to check your SM.

I bought some whole milk and it was good.  I was impressed by the packaging that told about the cows and dairy.  Good marketing!  My wife liked it a lot so I will buy it if they have it at SM when we are there.  We don't go to SM much.

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted
On May 22, 2016 at 1:18 AM, Sander Martin said:

https://www.spacedoc.com

• Like 1

RBM
Posted
Posted

The Devondale is widely available in most if not all Fooda Supermarkets at a very good price. For the skim its P130 for two. We make our own yogurts and consider its the best we have used for this purpose.

• Like 2