MILK, good as fresh

Queenie O.
Posted
Posted
38 minutes ago, OnMyWay said:

I had never seen it here in Subic but they had it in Olongapo SM Supermarket a week or two ago.  You might want to check your SM.

I bought some whole milk and it was good.  I was impressed by the packaging that told about the cows and dairy.  Good marketing!  My wife liked it a lot so I will buy it if they have it at SM when we are there.  We don't go to SM much.

I bought mine at the SM Hypermarket in Mandaue City Cebu.  Odd thing was that it wasn't placed over with all the other milk brands, but down the isle near the soy milk. Might be worth scouting around to see if it's in a different area folks. 

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted

'Extra Virgins' that sounds interesting!

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

We get fresh milk here about 70 a liter it is full cream so I just add some water to cut the fat content down.

• Like 3

virginprune
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, OnMyWay said:

I had never seen it here in Subic but they had it in Olongapo SM Supermarket a week or two ago.  You might want to check your SM.

We don't have SM here yet. An SM City is being built so maybe next year. There are also no Fooda places either.

There is a SM in Gensan, I will check in there next imm. at the end of the month.

Our supermarkets run to Gaisano, Ace (not the hardware place) and KCC ( the most upmarket )

• 1 month later...
RonHenk
Posted
Posted (edited)

I too have been looking for a decent milk here in Philippines. Unfortunately the Devonshire brand the OP mentioned is not available here in Naga City. So I can't comment on that. After much trial and error what I have found is a Philippine product called Alpine Whole Cream Milk. Reconstituted and evaporated in a can. Mixed 1 to 1 with water, chilled overnight it tastes remarkably like milk you would buy at the supermarket in the US. Two cans will make 1.5 liters. So 5 cans would make about a gallon. At P50 per can a gallon would cost you P250. Not too bad. I read online that most evaporated milk is 40% of original water content. So you could try a 40/60 mix and then 4 cans would make a gallon. The directions on the can does state that a 50/50 mix makes a milk that is above the legal standard for whole cows milk. But I haven't tried a 40/60 mix. Let me know if you do and how you like it. Hope this helps someone out.

Enjoy, Ron

Edited by RonHenk
edited to replace condensed with evaporated. Sorry for the initial mixup.
  • Like 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Warning!

I tried Emborg UHT full cream milk from Germany just now.  Yuck!  It has the strongest chemical taste of any of the UHT milk I have tried!

They were out of the Nestles green box full cream milk we usually get.  That tastes fine.

• 2 weeks later...
OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
On 8/11/2016 at 10:00 PM, OnMyWay said:

Warning!

I tried Emborg UHT full cream milk from Germany just now.  Yuck!  It has the strongest chemical taste of any of the UHT milk I have tried!

They were out of the Nestles green box full cream milk we usually get.  That tastes fine.

Another warning!  Royal Duty Free had another new one:  MilkItaly.  Yuck!  I'd rather drink bleach!

I've been buying Devonshire here at SM when we go there, otherwise Nestle green box whole milk.