Morning Stiffness

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

No not the kind you are thinking of :whistling:

It been said that the damp air in UK is to blame for a number of illnesses such as arthritis, how about the Philippines ?

What about the humidity, does it affect your joints or would you say that the climate is more favourable to the joint's.

I have noticed that if I go a few days without  exercise I start to stiffen up, so I ask this Question;

Has living in Philippines improved your general health or have you not notice any difference. Cheers Guy's n Gal's

• Like 3

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
6 minutes ago, Kuya John said:

No not the kind you are thinking of :whistling:

It been said that the damp air in UK is to blame for a number of illnesses such as arthritis, how about the Philippines ?

What about the humidity, does it affect your joints or would you say that the climate is more favourable to the joint's.

I have noticed that if I go a few days without  exercise I start to stiffen up, so I ask this Question;

Has living in Philippines improved your general health or have you not notice any difference. Cheers Guy's n Gal's

Funny you should Bring this up JB as I was diagnosed with progressive Osteoarthritis last month, The Mornings are worse and it takes about an Hour to really get moving, My Doctor said it is an age thing but the Humidity is not helping, New Meds for Calcium deficiency were prescribed. Diet is also a Major Factor, I am not eating the Cheese here to much and the Lack of Fresh milk is something else. :89: All in all I would say if not watched it could get Worse.:shades:

• Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Thanks for that info Jack,

Another question,

How often do you have a massage?

We always have one after our long journey UK- Manila

I find it very beneficial back home too, my wife will sometimes use "Katinko" and massages it into my back and legs.

Guarantees to give you a good night's rest too, if your suffering from a cold.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kuya John said:

I told him he needs a massage.  Didn't I tell you that, Jack?  Massage once a week (or even once a month if time or budget is tight) is great for getting rid of that kind of ache.

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

John believe me when I say that when the blighter is raging, just Touching can be so very Painful. Massages are OK if the is no Inflammation to any Joints If you can Stand massages I would say Arthritis has not got Hold, so now is the time to get it sorted.:smile:

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

JGF,

From what I hear it's good for pain relief :thumbsup:

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

From what I hear it's good for pain relief :thumbsup:

I wish :huh:

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Just to clarify, for JP and anyone else with pain.  When I get a massage to combat back or muscle pain it hurts like a sonofabeach when the therapist digs in with elbows etc.  But after its all done I get a couple days relatively pain free and more movement of joints.  Fortunately, my aches and pains don't flare up all that often.

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

My experience is the temp here definitely improves my health. After a few weeks in a cold climate the aches I had forgotten about return with a vengeance. Do find though we must do our best to keep active, if we don't use it......My brother whom suffers from arthritis in NZ has no problem here.

Jack,  calcium plus is cheap and effective, been on for years, have a simple test each year to monitor. In my case one tablet every second day keeps me in shape.

• Like 4