Posted

BP went down...except when driving!

• Like 3

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Kuya John said:

No not the kind you are thinking of :whistling:

It been said that the damp air in UK is to blame for a number of illnesses such as arthritis, how about the Philippines ?

What about the humidity, does it affect your joints or would you say that the climate is more favourable to the joint's.

I have noticed that if I go a few days without  exercise I start to stiffen up, so I ask this Question;

Has living in Philippines improved your general health or have you not notice any difference. Cheers Guy's n Gal's

You are right. Muscles that are not used will tighten up. Stretching and exercise will prevent cramps and stiffness. Heat applied to cramps seems to help. In the states there is ICY HOT which I would use for my muscle aches.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

After injuring my back in 1991 I finally figured out in 1994 that deep tissue massage (the damn that hurts kind) once or twice a week keeps the pain manageable for general daily activities. Massage for me is like a once a week prescription medicine.

Got hit by one of the crazy motorcycle drivers back in April and twisted and rotated my back. Enhanced the massage with a few trips to the Chiropractor who straightened me out.

Also did a few visits to a helot which is an old school Filipino healer. Kind of massage therapy with a twist. A helot may be the best solution for specific areas of pain, like joint pain (maybe including arthritis?). Where massage is muscle related and chiropractic is bone position related, a helot is blood flow and therefore oxygen related. Using massage and pressure points a helot treatment can hurt more than deep tissue massage but the body responds very quickly to increased blood flow and oxygen to a problem area, allowing the body to heal itself.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Kuya John said:

JGF,

From what I hear it's good for pain relief :thumbsup:

I must confess that it is also good for morning, afternoon and evening stiffness.

Just saying.......

• Like 1

Kuya John
Posted
Posted

Jake, you mean......the pain is still there but what the hell....:hohoho_smiley:

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted
Just now, Kuya John said:

Jake, you mean......the pain is still there but what the hell....:hohoho_smiley:

Yeah, some pain is still there but you're in a state of bliss -- like it hurts so gooood.....he, haw.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)

keep calm.jpeg

Note to JGF:  I downloaded this image to my computer and then uploaded it to the site as you have instructed and the upload would not complete.  Feel free to delete this link and let me know why this method stopped working for me

Edited by Jollygoodfellow
fixed image

chris49
Posted
Posted

Massage is not a cure all. It helps if the masseuse has some basic training. I am not against it, but they can inflict pain and even damage if they don't know what they are doing. A lot of massage joints have a sauna which is a cure all for me.

I live 3km from a beach, but hsven't been down there in 2 months so figure that.

After a hard ride I sometimes have difficulty walking. One paracetamol and a lie down followed by a cool shower and I'm good to go.

I had massages after triathlons years ago. Again the pain was too intense, it only works if the therapist knows what she is doing.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

I have chronic lower back neck and shoulder pain and inflammation. Chiropractic on a weekly basis along with massage from a quality practitioner makes a huge improvement. We live in a generally cool damp climate here in the PNW. I take Tramadol daily and use capsaicin heat pads on my lower back as well. 

During my visits to Philippines I get massage and see Dr Pardis at Ayala Center. For me the heat and humidity of Cebu seems to help significantly. I never use the heat pads and rarely need the Tramadol.

Admittedly being on vacation has an effect as well I am sure. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

Yes, Jake everybody likes a...... happy ending.:boom:

• Like 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, Old55 said:

During my visits to Philippines I get massage and see Dr Pardis at Ayala Center.

I did in the past, but his rates went from 500 pesos a visit to 2000 pesos a visit over the last 8 years and thats a huge amount for us p'oreigners

• Like 2