Manchester Suicide Bomber, England.

Kuya John
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, robert k said:

Unfortunately there is no such thing as a fair distribution of wealth. One man works, another man, though not disabled does not work. Should they both get the same?

In answer to your question no.

However distribution of wealth in the context of eradicating poverty instead of creating weaponry yes.

$80 billion arms deals for example

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm afraid the horse has well and truly bolted as far as countering terrorism in the West is concerned. Our society has moved so far to the liberal side that the amount of force used to stop terrorism would classed as being against their human rights. Any politician sanctioning it would be up in front of some court for crimes against humanity.

I had a lot of dealings with terrorism in Ireland and contrary to what the media are saying about our lovely Politicians bringing about peace by allowing an amnesty to terrorists as it was a no win situation it's a load of shi@e.

The Military knew almost every move of the terrorists, the players and their backers. If we had been given the nod we could have wiped out the vast majority of the players within 24hrs. I'm out of the frame now but still have friends in counter terrorism and again they know the majority of the problems but are forced to turn a blind eye due to human rights.

The reason the Middle East used to be relatively stable was due to strong politicians who'd quash the first sign of an uprising. Look at it now that the West has become involved and tried to implement our idea of Democracy. 

I think we all know it's the wording of the Koran that's the issue, and until someone has the strength to stand up and denounce it the sheep will still follow it to the letter and turn a blind eye to the extremists when they enforce it.

• Like 5

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

I do not feel threatened here by Muslims 

The two Canadians that had their heads cut off last year were working in the area for 8 years so likely they did not feel threatened until they were kidnapped by being in the wrong place at the wrong time similar to most crimes of opportunity.

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

the answer is to get respected Muslim leaders to ostracize the fanatics.  That is not as easy as it sounds.

This so very True But until they have an Actual Leader as the Pope is, The Archbishop of Canterbury and many other Religious Leaders it will to my mind be a very hard Job. I am sure it can be done but it is where to Start.

Maybe a  meeting between the King of Saudi would be of use, he seems to have Control in many ways

Edited by Jack Peterson
  • Like 3

Kuya John
Posted
Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Maybe a  meeting between the King of Saudi would be of use, he seems to have Control in many ways

Yes Jack very important point......$80 billion spent on weaponry would of gone a long way to solving the desperate plight of Arab/Muslims instead choosing to leaving it up to the West to sort the problem out and take the blame.

Edited by Kuya John
  • Like 2

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
54 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

When I look around the Philippines I see a lot of Catholics and Muslims just quietly going about their business and getting along with each other

I agree. It's the extremists and radical fundamentalists who profess to be devout Muslims when all they are, are opportunists.

• Like 4

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, jpbago said:

wrong place at the wrong time

Exactly.

Do not take for granted that just because it hasn't happened yet, it could still happen. 

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Kuya John said:

In answer to your question no.

However distribution of wealth in the context of eradicating poverty instead of creating weaponry yes.

$80 billion arms deals for example

Do you really believe you could eradicate poverty for 80 billion dollars? I'm certain you couldn't eradicate poverty for 800 TRILLION dollars.

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I am starting to form the opinion that religion is not the common denominator in the terrorism and suicide bombings going on today.  Fanaticism is.

I quoted your point because I am willing to bet there were a lot of Christian marines and other military men who said a quiet "Hallelujah" when Fat Man and Little Boy killed all them children and their parents and put an end to WW2.  Their religion and the war were not intertwined and I am starting to believe that Muslims are not all part of the terrorist drama.  I say that because I believe it is the monsters who want to commit atrocities who try to put on a cloak of respectability by saying they are Islamic Fundamentalists.  Then, when they do horrid things they can feel some justification.

When I look around the Philippines I see a lot of Catholics and Muslims just quietly going about their business and getting along with each other.  Not all the time, but enough to know its only the fanatics who are causing problems.  So the question becomes, how to deal with fanatics, and the answer is to get respected Muslim leaders to ostracize the fanatics.  That is not as easy as it sounds.  Picture Germany in 1940 if you were a respected member of the German community and tried to denounce Nazis as fanatics.  How long would your life span be?

I hope I am getting my point across.  We are targeting too large a group when we target all Islamics. 

I was always told it is against Islam to denounce any muslim for anything they do to a non-muslim and that is why NONE that are practicing muslims that I know of have ever denounced another muslim. I have heard FORMER muslims do so, but never a practicing one!

• Like 1