Armed civilian militia. Is this the answer?

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

In the end though, I am from an unarmed person country (and Happy to stay that way) and living in a Foreigners can't own a Gun Country so let's move on  :smile:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

No but the fact is it is now Legal that is my point. If he uses it in a Crime then that is another thing, If he gets a shakedown and he is not legal he has a problem but if he gets a shakedown when Legal he will smile

But he is a felon, not allowed to carry.  In most reasonable jurisdictions not allowed to vote.

If they would only not allow social service for X years he might rejoin society, or ot

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

No but the fact is it is now Legal that is my point. If he uses it in a Crime then that is another thing, If he gets a shakedown and he is not legal he has a problem but if he gets a shakedown when Legal he will smile

Jack, you are placing the crime on the inanimate object again. It is already illegal to carry a firearm in the commission of a crime. You are ALSO convicting Joe Bloggs without a trial? Are you not?

You have said he is of good reputation? If you know he is a criminal, have you given numerous anonymous tips to the police?

Edited by robert k

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, Gerald Glatt said:

But he is a felon, not allowed to carry.  In most reasonable jurisdictions not allowed to vote.

If they would only not allow social service for X years he might rejoin society, or ot

That my Friend was the point originally, he is not a convicted felon but a Double life guy Good side and Bad Side the Bad had a gun unlicensed now the good side gets a license which the Bad side can use

• Like 1

robert k
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

Gerald, Jack appears to be saying Joe Bloggs has never been caught yet, has been convicted of nothing.

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

so let's move on  :smile:

That would be nice :photo-109:

stevewool
Posted
Posted

I would hate to see this happen here in England, yes times are changing but i think we have it about right here, well other then those who are being watched should be tagged and have a curfew , but thats a different story.

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I would hate to see this happen here in England

I cannot say if they are armed, but a look on their Facebook page says you have a civilian militia there, a branch of the Guardians.

https://www.facebook.com/ukguardianangels/

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

That my Friend was the point originally, he is not a convicted felon but a Double life guy Good side and Bad Side the Bad had a gun unlicensed now the good side gets a license which the Bad side can use

I think this has turned into a risk assessment.

a)If a bad guy gets caught with a gun only and owning is illegal he is caught, if owning is legal he is not. b)How much risk is there to the general population if a bad guy is carrying a gun but not currently involved in a crime? None, he is not bothering anyone. c)How much additional risk is there if he is illegally carrying during a crime? None, even where carry is legal, carrying during a crime is illegal and he always carried his illegal gun during crimes anyway. d)do criminals like the ability of the general population to legally have a gun? No, the risk of criminal activity has increased from almost zero to 'damn I can be shot'

Legalizing cary is a benefit to the general public and a risk to criminals.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Legalizing cary is a benefit to the general public and a risk to criminals.

Homer out of Here..jpg