Armed civilian militia. Is this the answer?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
25 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Homer out of Here..jpg

Yup, we kinda got carried away. :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141: Would have been more interesting in person than all this typing over each other stuff. I type so slow I was always 2 or 3 comments behind this morning.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

Yup, we kinda got carried away. :56da64a2558f6_3_8_141:Would have been more interesting in person than all this typing over each other stuff. I type so slow I was always 2 or 3 comments behind this morning.

Well Junes get tgether is coming up shortly I think

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Jack Peterson said:

Well Junes get tgether is coming up shortly I think

Have a specific day yet?

I was talking to Dave about short notice meet but his schedule filled up as fast as mine opened up.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, AlwaysRt said:

Have a specific day yet?

I was talking to Dave about short notice meet but his schedule filled up as fast as mine opened up.

No not yet but maybe we will know something definite tomorrow I fancied the 15th that is next Thursday, yes? Have to check with the others

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, scott h said:

That sounds more like the secret police, its been tried a few times I believe

No they are NOT police. 

I'll put it this way. 

If you are being mugged and no cop around wouldn't you be thankful that a volunteer civilian militia man/woman came along and broke up the mugging? What if your wife, mother or sister was being raped and no cop around? Think about it.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

The only thing different so far from the way it has been wherever I have had a CCW is you are using the words 'armed civilian militia'. What are you adding to my current right to carry and defend life and property?

Nothing. I fully support the right to carry a loaded weapon.However, in some places some states it is still illegal. That's my point of an armed civilian militia.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, AlwaysRt said:

Most of the mass shootings in the US happen in GUN FREE ZONES, because it wouldn't do for someone to stop you before you are finished.

San Bernardino California is not  a gun free zone. Orlando Florida is.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted

I'll finish by saying that I was just testing  the waters. Just to view your opinions. Seems like most are against the armed civilian militia. Probably why it never was accepted.

One thing no one mentioned was the fact that an armed civilian is risking his/her life anytime he/she gets involved in a crime that is being committed. I have to wonder how many would put their life on the line. 

The idea is good but doomed to failure for the reason mentioned above. 

In one instance a civilian militia man might be reluctant to risk his/her life.

In another instance, the armed civilian might be a loose cannon and do more damage than absolutely necessary to bring a problem under control.

Anyone applying to be a policeman has to undergo strict psychological tests some of which are in person in front of a board.

Some police departments will not hire a war veteran. Especially one who has been in a combat zone for any length of time.

Ok, carry on.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Gratefuled said:

I'll finish by saying that I was just testing  the waters. Just to view your opinions. Seems like most are against the armed civilian militia. Probably why it never was accepted.

One thing no one mentioned was the fact that an armed civilian is risking his/her life anytime he/she gets involved in a crime that is being committed. I have to wonder how many would put their life on the line. 

The idea is good but doomed to failure for the reason mentioned above. 

In one instance a civilian militia man might be reluctant to risk his/her life.

In another instance, the armed civilian might be a loose cannon and do more damage than absolutely necessary to bring a problem under control.

Anyone applying to be a policeman has to undergo strict psychological tests some of which are in person in front of a board.

Some police departments will not hire a war veteran. Especially one who has been in a combat zone for any length of time.

Ok, carry on.

i guess you have to settle for the Neighborhood Watch program.

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
58 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

guess you have to settle for the Neighborhood Watch program

It was just food for thought. 

I enjoyed it. 

One gets to see how  some think and their reaction to something controversial. 

Thanks for your input. 

• Like 1