Armed civilian militia. Is this the answer?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Here is a news article from 2013 that just points out, even Americans don't seem to realize how many private militias there are on their own soil :photo-109:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/05/southern-poverty-law-center-militias-gun-control/1964411/

Since this is an older article there could be many more today, or less.

Interesting article, my guess would have ended up closer to the 2008 number than 2012 or probably higher now. 1,360 in 2012, up quite a bit from the 149 in 2008, according to the article. I wonder what the average membership is of each group (not enough to research it though). Harder to answer is which are social groups, conspiracy theorists, or possible threats.

The subject quickly gets too bulky for typing in a forum vs talking in person. As much as I have commented it is only a fraction and probably would make more sense in uncondensed conversation.

robert k
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Here is a news article from 2013 that just points out, even Americans don't seem to realize how many private militias there are on their own soil :photo-109:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/03/05/southern-poverty-law-center-militias-gun-control/1964411/

Since this is an older article there could be many more today, or less.

Once again, "private militia" would be a misnomer as a militia is public...unless you are talking about an armed private security firm like Blackwater or something of the sort. USA Today is known for biased reporting and having an agenda.

• Like 1

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, robert k said:

Once again, "private militia" would be a misnomer as a militia is public...unless you are talking about an armed private security firm like Blackwater or something of the sort. USA Today is known for biased reporting and having an agenda.

I am sure they are using 'militia' to describe 'a group of people with guns'. Focus on the word 'militia' brings to mind 'can't see the forest through the trees'.

robert k
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I am sure they are using 'militia' to describe 'a group of people with guns'. Focus on the word 'militia' brings to mind 'can't see the forest through the trees'.

But bless their hearts! When people first wanted to ban the AR15 there were less than 700,000 in private hands because they didn't sell well. 700,000 from 1967 to 1990. From 1990 to 2016 8 million sold! It really does pay to advertise.:thumbsup:

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

I am sure they are using 'militia' to describe 'a group of people with guns'.

@Gratefuled

The opening poster was the one who brought up the idea of a "civilian militia" so lets ask him if he meant "a group of people with guns" or if he meant a "private group of people with guns" or if he meant a "government controlled group of people with guns" or if he meant a "private club/gang/fraternity of people with guns" such as vigilantes?  Or was he just stirring the pot as he was having a bored moment that day :bash:

Edited by Dave Hounddriver
  • Like 3

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

@Gratefuled

The opening poster was the one who brought up the idea of a "civilian militia" so lets ask him if he meant "a group of people with guns" or if he meant a "private group of people with guns" or if he meant a "government controlled group of people with guns" or if he meant a "private club/gang/fraternity of people with guns" such as vigilantes?  Or was he just stirring the pot as he was having a bored moment that day :bash:

hahaha, yup. Thus my post a while back saying the topic was too broad and needed to be defined better because each member was commenting based on different interpretations of the topic.

• Like 1

Reboot
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, robert k said:

But bless their hearts! When people first wanted to ban the AR15 there were less than 700,000 in private hands because they didn't sell well. 700,000 from 1967 to 1990. From 1990 to 2016 8 million sold! It really does pay to advertise.:thumbsup:

I've done my part to get those numbers up a bit.

• Like 2

robert k
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Reboot said:

I've done my part to get those numbers up a bit.

I'm not part of the count, I already had different models.:thumbsup:

• Like 1

Gerald Glatt
Posted
Posted
On 6/7/2017 at 0:42 AM, Jack Peterson said:

That my Friend was the point originally, he is not a convicted felon but a Double life guy Good side and Bad Side the Bad had a gun unlicensed now the good side gets a license which the Bad side can use

I'm so confused:89:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Gerald Glatt said:

I'm so confused:89:

Don't! be My friend cos it is a load of Hogwash anyway, It ain't never going to happen :whistling: