Armed civilian militia. Is this the answer?

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, mogo51 said:

As Old 55 just said, 'Responsible Citizens', would be a bit like finding 'rocking horse whoopsie' IMO.  

We have been seeing how that goes albeit a little bit of a different scenario, with Citizens running around shooting drug dealers?

It seems a common gross exaggeration used in the argument against allowing the general population protect themselves. To examine the general 'there just aren't that many responsible people, the public can not be trusted' theory we need to make it personal. Would you consider yourself irresponsible, untrustworthy, unable to control yourself from going on a vigilante killing spree? Or do you consider yourself one of the very few elite, superior to the majority of your less worthy fellow citizens? Or is that kind of silly as the general population is in fact responsible and trustworthy and would use force only as a last resort?

Unlike the current Philippine policy, a policy of use of force without eminent threat to life or property would itself be an illegal act precludes the "Citizens running around killing drug dealers" that are not at that moment a threat.

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
20 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Next time the rioters took to bring and looting, the National Guard just let them go at it and focused on the safety of innocent bystanders. 

I am just going to have to call you out on this one Big G. As a young (ish) sergeant in HQ Plt, company B, 2-185 armor, California army national guard. We were in our armories at 1am the morning following the break out of the riots 1992. After arming up we were in the Huntington beach armory by 6 pm that day, I remember seeing the smoke rising in celoms was we drove up the 405.

By 6am the following morning I along with 3 other soldiers, were patrolling up and down Crenshaw Blvd detaining thugs as they were carrying things out of stores. We spent the following week sleeping in the parking area of the Crenshaw mall, patrolling the streets, and protecting the business of the locals. Did we shoot a bunch of folks? Nope, but as a funny side note, we sure shut that area down (martial law?) it was hilarious to see the drug addicts wandering the streets at night trying to find a fix. We rounded them up by the truck load. Anyway, as soon as  we were on the street, there was no more looting:571b119686cf7_1(72):

• Like 2

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted

I think part of the problem we seem to be having with this topic is it is too general. Without a definition of "Armed civilian militia" and the rules they would have to follow, we are all using our opinions based on the country we are from and our background. Therefore we aren't all necessarily commenting on the same thing.

• Like 2

jpbago
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, AlwaysRt said:

I think part of the problem we seem to be having with this topic is it is too general. Without a definition of "Armed civilian militia" and the rules they would have to follow, we are all using our opinions based on the country we are from and our background. Therefore we aren't all necessarily commenting on the same thing.

I agree. In Canada we use canes:

http://www.torontosun.com/2017/06/06/elderly-women-duel-with-canes-in-grocery-store-parking-lot

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, scott h said:

I am just going to have to call you out on this one Big G. As a young (ish) sergeant in HQ Plt, company B, 2-185 armor, California army national guard. We were in our armories at 1am the morning following the break out of the riots 1992. After arming up we were in the Huntington beach armory by 6 pm that day, I remember seeing the smoke rising in celoms was we drove up the 405.

By 6am the following morning I along with 3 other soldiers, were patrolling up and down Crenshaw Blvd detaining thugs as they were carrying things out of stores. We spent the following week sleeping in the parking area of the Crenshaw mall, patrolling the streets, and protecting the business of the locals. Did we shoot a bunch of folks? Nope, but as a funny side note, we sure shut that area down (martial law?) it was hilarious to see the drug addicts wandering the streets at night trying to find a fix. We rounded them up by the truck load. Anyway, as soon as  we were on the street, there was no more looting:571b119686cf7_1(72):

And THAT is needed here in the PI BUT one has to wonder if they actually want the mess to stop, Putting down the Insurgents is one thing but this Drugs thing has too much Money involved as with the 80 odd Million cache recently Found.

• Like 2

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

And THAT is needed here in the PI BUT one has to wonder if they actually want the mess to stop, Putting down the Insurgents is one thing but this Drugs thing has too much Money involved as with the 80 odd Million cache recently Found.

Yes Jack that money came from somewhere.

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gratefuled said:

Yes, wealthy Americans do have body guards but not armies of 100 like the Ampatuan Family. There is a difference.

Its your country so you know it better than me.  I only know what Google says:

Are private militias legal in the US?
Approximately half the states maintain laws regulating private militias. Generally, these laws prohibit the parading and exercising of armed private militias in public, but do not forbid the formation of private militias. In Wyoming, however, state law forbids the very formation of private militias.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
Just now, sonjack2847 said:

Yes Jack that money came from somewhere.

Latest I heard that it was a Drugs Payment connected to the two Brothers but Where, did that come from? more Media Cover up? & make believe

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

do not forbid the formation of private militias. In Wyoming, however, state law forbids the very formation of private militias.

Now as a Brit I can only say what I have read but is this what is mentioned in this 2 Amendment with regards to Militia?

• Like 1

jpbago
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Latest I heard that it was a Drugs Payment connected to the two Brothers but Where, did that come from? more Media Cover up? & make believe

I heard that the Maute bros made money from shabu in Manila, not sure about the cheques. Drug dealers use IOUs but not cheques. The former mayor of Marawi was arrested yeaterday. His wife is related to the Mautes.