11 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

so that calculation does not apply here

Does anything? :whistling:

Only is they have a calculator.

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, AlwaysRt said:

20 pesos sounds quite reasonable around here.

I give my barber at least 50 Pesos sometimes more. 

I don't get a haircut very often and my car grows fast. It's worth it for me.The haircut, shampoo and good scalp and shoulder massage. I wish they offered a good foot massage while my hair is being cut. 

AlwaysRt
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

I don't get a haircut very often and my car grows fast. It's worth it for me.The haircut, shampoo and good scalp and shoulder massage. I wish they offered a good foot massage while my hair is being cut. 

I like that idea. and for some reason, even though I am on the 'tip like a local' side of things, I do tip my barber well also. It is hard to find one that consistently does a job I like so I tip out of appreciation.

• Like 1

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, Gratefuled said:

Your car grows fast? Is that a typo.

• Like 1

Steve GCC
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Mike J said:

familiar with Beavertown.

sounds like an interesting place.....................

• Like 1

Gratefuled
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, sonjack2847 said:

Your car grows fast? Is that a typo.

yes, somehow the computer assumed what I was attempting to spell. My HAIR grows fast is how it should have read. 

I should proof read what is about to be printed.

thanks

• Like 2

earthdome
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:
14 hours ago, earthdome said:

Another solution. Drinks are getting expensive at restaurants. At least $2 per person. Order service water instead and use the money you saved on the drinks for your tip.

Here is how I read that, it may not be what you meant so please elaborate:  It sounds like you are saying that people who have a limited amount of disposable income should not drink an alcoholic beverage with their meal, but instead give that money to the young person who brings their food so that young person can go have an alcoholic beverage after his/her shift.

If this is the case then I would suggest:  Anyone who cannot afford to leave a tip they are comfortable with for the meal they want to eat should not be dining at that restaurant OR it could mean the tipping system has gotten out of hand.

Perhaps we could handle it this way:  When the waiter comes to your table and says: My name is Joe and I'll be your server for this evening; then I could reply: My name is Dave, I am happy to be your customer but may I ask in advance what the service charge will be so I can budget for that?   Sound silly?  And yet we do that with most other purchases.

Perhaps I should have made it clear. I am living back in the US now and the $2 drink price for soda, tea, coffee, etc. is the cost in US restaurants now. It is a comment about how to save money and a comment on how damn expensive non alcoholic drinks have become in the US and I assume in Canada also. I was not the one complaining about tipping at a US restaurant, just made a suggestion for that person on how they could save money.

• Like 2

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, earthdome said:

a comment on how damn expensive non alcoholic drinks have become in the US

Same here, our "Dave H" left 40 Peso for a Coffee one day only to Find it was Double the cost of a beer at 80 peso

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
35 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Same here, our "Dave H" left 40 Peso for a Coffee one day only to Find it was Double the cost of a beer at 80 peso

So true.  So I shall have to drink a beer, leave a 20 peso tip, and still come out 20 pesos to the plus.  Ah heck with it.  I'll have 2 beer and stiff her for the tip. :hystery:

• Like 4