PNP Internet Banking (or lack Of)

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/24/2017 at 1:28 PM, jpbago said:

I tried today at BDO, to open a joint savings account with my daughter but could not and I do have an ACR card. I showed her that I have 2 joint accounts with my wife but she said new rules.

Yes you are right, they have introduced some new rules but when does that ever matter here?  Like new 'no smoking' rules, I still sat in a restaurant with people smoking everywhere, same the bars, shopping centres etc.  So the policy here as I see is 'they are made to be broken.

• Like 1

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/24/2017 at 1:28 PM, jpbago said:

I tried today at BDO, to open a joint savings account with my daughter but could not and I do have an ACR card. I showed her that I have 2 joint accounts with my wife but she said new rules.

Just another thought on this, there is no grounds for them to refuse you, is it the same bank with joint accounts?  What happens I wonder if you are not with a Filipino and want to retire here, have ACR card, visa etc. how do they expect you to do so if they stop you getting an account in your name.  But again TIP.  I think they have overreacted to the news requirements, but it may just be that person.  I would go back and see Manager (if they were not the manager?)

mogo51
Posted
Posted
On 8/24/2017 at 0:49 PM, Snowy79 said:

Nothing is standard here. I got a bank account with HSBC by using my home address in Scotland. They wouldn't accept a Filipino address even though I had a rental, sky and PDLT contract with me. I had only been in country a few weeks and was on a tourist visa.

Strange Snowy, can't figure that out.

jpbago
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Just another thought on this, there is no grounds for them to refuse you, is it the same bank with joint accounts?  What happens I wonder if you are not with a Filipino and want to retire here, have ACR card, visa etc. how do they expect you to do so if they stop you getting an account in your name.  But again TIP.  I think they have overreacted to the news requirements, but it may just be that person.  I would go back and see Manager (if they were not the manager?)

It was not the same bank. We have joint accounts at two different branches, but not this one. This branch, now with our daughter's account was not here when I first came. In a city of 160,000, there was only one bank with 2 old ATMs. Now, it has doubled.

BTW, our daughter will be getting the new embossed chip card.

It was the manager that had asked me on two occasions to open an account but that was 2 years ago. New rules now. She did ask me this time if I was a resident so maybe it will be possible if you are on a 13a or SRRV.

mogo51
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, jpbago said:

It was not the same bank. We have joint accounts at two different branches, but not this one. This branch, now with our daughter's account was not here when I first came. In a city of 160,000, there was only one bank with 2 old ATMs. Now, it has doubled.

BTW, our daughter will be getting the new embossed chip card.

It was the manager that had asked me on two occasions to open an account but that was 2 years ago. New rules now. She did ask me this time if I was a resident so maybe it will be possible if you are on a 13a or SRRV.

Well I would assume that would be the case, but they have lots of people who do not want to go up that road and have been here many years.  But I assume they would have an account, however, new arrivals are facing hurdles.

If they made the SRRV visa a bit more attractive, more would apply for it.  I just don't see a lot of value in that Visa. 

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, mogo51 said:

Well I would assume that would be the case, but they have lots of people who do not want to go up that road and have been here many years.  But I assume they would have an account, however, new arrivals are facing hurdles.

If they made the SRRV visa a bit more attractive, more would apply for it.  I just don't see a lot of value in that Visa. 

Only maybe to Single people but they are not the ones having a problem with Bank accounts :huh:

• Like 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

Just as a thought, maybe it would be better and in keeping with the LTO, proving you will be for over 1 year may be in order :89:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

I just hope the ATMs work today or it is fasting this weekend and San Miguel may go bust.

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, sonjack2847 said:

I just hope the ATMs work today or it is fasting this weekend and San Miguel may go bust.

Worked fine about an hour ago my SO told me, :571c66d400c8c_1(103):I guess she has been raiding again:whistling:

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

Worked fine about an hour ago my SO told me, :571c66d400c8c_1(103):I guess she has been raiding again:whistling:

If there is an emergency I can take my empties back for the deposit and get some.

• Like 2