Laws Are starting to be enforced Negros

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I'm still having a cackle when I think of those who laugh at me

:smile: Crisky, not heard that term for a few years, One of my Grandfathers" favorite sayings :whistling:

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

when I said that laws will be enforced.

Some laws a surely being enforced, such as making sure riders wear a helmet or at least stop 100 yards away from the cops who are checking.  But I have to say you are right.  Let me check the time on that one.  Oops, my clock is stopped.  No matter, even a stopped clock is right twice a day. :hystery: :hystery: .

Now if they would only enforce the law and find my stolen motorcycle. :whatever:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

jimeve
Posted
Posted
On 9/24/2018 at 5:22 PM, Dave Hounddriver said:

what is prohibited is the wearing of SLIPPERS, SANDALS or being BAREFOOT while operating motorcycle or scooter on a road or highway under Section XI, para E of Administrative Order No. AHS-2008-015.

You will probably know "barefoot John" that's him snookered lol. For the rest of you who don't know him, he never wears shoes or anything on his feet.  

• Haha 3

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted

All these laws and a lot of the locals don`t know them.Yes but we advertised it on the internet yes but I don`t have internet or electricity.It would be better to do a month of stopping people and warning them rather than taking away their money as a fine and stopping them buying a helmet or shoes.

sonjack2847
Posted
Posted
13 hours ago, jimeve said:

You will probably know "barefoot John" that's him snookered lol. For the rest of you who don't know him, he never wears shoes or anything on his feet.  

Yep and he is size 10.

• Haha 1

Ram1957
Posted
Posted

UPDATE FROM FACEBOOK:

On the helmet implementation

The latest would be that the LTO will implement the RA 10054 Or the Helmet Law along the National Highways.

Apprehension of no helmet inside the city is put on hold until further notice but we will slowly implement it.

Information drive will be conducted for widest dissemination.-

Mayor felipe Remollo

• Thanks 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Ram1957 said:

UPDATE FROM FACEBOOK:

On the helmet implementation

The latest would be that the LTO will implement the RA 10054 Or the Helmet Law along the National Highways.

Apprehension of no helmet inside the city is put on hold until further notice but we will slowly implement it.

Information drive will be conducted for widest dissemination.-

Mayor felipe Remollo

Yeah a lot of posts have been saying, ( out of stock ), but I'll give it less than twelve months before it is back on again, no excuses next time. :thumbsup:

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Helmet arrests only in national highways PNP patrol, LTO nod

Helmet law enforcers have agreed at least temporarily that enforcement of this national law will only be in national highways and not in city streets and barangays, where its enforcement will only give undue inconvenience because of the proximity of destinations.

Also, helmets covering the faces of drivers is not allowed. But covering the ears with the helmet poses a great danger because the motorists cannot hear warnings and horns from the riders’ back.

The local leaderships of the Land Transportation Office and Provincial Highway Patrol Team reached a consensus with the city government to enforce helmet use only in the national highways and not in city streets or barangay roads for the time being.

This temporary arrangement is to provide ample time for information drive and for motorists to purchase the prescribed helmets in accordance to the appeal of Mayor Felipe Antonio Remollo and members of the City Council.

MORE

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Also, helmets covering the faces of drivers is not allowed.

If a helmet that covers the face has a legal sticker then it is a legal helmet so why is it not allowed OR why is it given a sticker?

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
24 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

If a helmet that covers the face has a legal sticker then it is a legal helmet so why is it not allowed OR why is it given a sticker?

So you can be charged a fee for the sticker :whistling:

• Like 1