Phil-Health

Mike S
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anyone interested in acquiring Phil-Health it is really simple to do ...... Your asawa will need some form of identification plus birth certificate and marriage license ..... you will need nothing ..... any other dependents will need a birth certificate ...... fill out the application ....... cost is 300p per quarter or 1300p per year ...... we chose the 1300p but up to you ........ Go to SM and take the stairs out side of ACE hardware ... go up to flights and turn left past the chess players in the middle of the corridor ..... the next booth in the corridor is Phil-Health on the backside of the booth ......... takes about 20 mins. and then you can return the next day or later and pick up your card ........ .... they are there Tues. Wed. and Thurs. ........ cut off time is 4:00pm .......... much better then downtown where you need a priority number While you are there go to Health Express across the hall (you can see it from Phil-Health) ....... and get all your vitamins and supplements ...... they will give you 20% off for seniors with a valid ID ......

Edited by Mike S
  • Like 2

johnb
Posted
Posted
Anyone interested in acquiring Phil-Health it is really simple to do ...... Your asawa will need some form of identification plus birth certificate and marriage license ..... you will need nothing ..... any other dependents will need a birth certificate ...... fill out the application ....... cost is 300p per quarter or 1300p per year ...... we chose the 1300p but up to you ........ Go to SM and take the stairs out side of ACE hardware ... go up to flights and turn left past the chess players in the middle of the corridor ..... the next booth in the corridor is Phil-Health on the backside of the booth ......... takes about 20 mins. and then you can return the next day or later and pick up your card ........ .... they are there Tues. Wed. and Thurs. ........ cut off time is 4:00pm .......... much better then downtown where you need a priority number While you are there go to Health Express across the hall (you can see it from Phil-Health) ....... and get all your vitamins and supplements ...... they will give you 20% off for seniors with a valid ID ......
Thanks Mike, at that price I'll have my wife sign us up, I guess the basic policy wont cover an awful lot but at least it offers something.John
  • Like 1

Travis
Posted
Posted

good info now all I have to do is find a good lady to marry that would put up with my set in my ways self th_exactly.gif

Mike S
Posted
Posted

John ... the biggest draw back is that it only covers 45 days in the hospital per year ...BUT ..... the card I am told will get you admitted with out having to shell out money up front ...... don't quote me on that though ....... also it will pay more per hospital depending on their category 1 .. 2 .... 3&4 ...... they pay more per day for the 3&4 ....... best thing is to go on line and read about it ....... http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/

• Like 1

johnb
Posted
Posted
John ... the biggest draw back is that it only covers 45 days in the hospital per year ...BUT ..... the card I am told will get you admitted with out having to shell out money up front ...... don't quote me on that though ....... also it will pay more per hospital depending on their category 1 .. 2 .... 3&4 ...... they pay more per day for the 3&4 ....... best thing is to go on line and read about it ....... http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/
Hi Mike, well 45 days sounds pretty good,were also considering putting some of my wifes family on it, so jenny is finding out some more details.John

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

While I doubt this applies to Mike S and I have no idea if it might apply to John, I thought it might be useful info for some.PhilHealth ups benefit coverage for childbirthThe Philippine Health Insurance Corporation (PhilHealth) has increased its benefit coverage for normal spontaneous childbirths in all accredited hospitals and lying-in clinics nationwide effective Sunday.As stipulated in its Circular No. 39, PhilHealth has increased the child delivery compensation rate from P4,500 to P6,500."The mark up in benefits shall apply to the first four low-risk normal spontaneous deliveries of members and their qualified dependents," said Dr. Rey B. Aquino, PhilHealth president and chief executive officer."The enhancement is being made to substantially cover the attendant hospital charges, professional fees and costs of prenatal care," he added. The PhilHealth official said the agency will cover up to P2,500 each for hospital and health professional fees or up to P5,000 in total, plus P1,500 for prenatal care if birth is done in hospital facilities.In non-hospital settings such as lying-in centers and birthing homes, P5,000 will be given to the facility while another P1,500 is allocated for pre-natal care.Payment for the facility covers room and board; drugs and medicines; laboratories; supplies; ancillary procedures like labor, delivery and recovery rooms; and other medically necessary charges for delivery and postpartum care.Childbirth coverage

Mike S
Posted
Posted

So Lee .... are you saying I can't get pregnant ....... :th_thholysheep: SugarwareZ-035.gif

daisy
Posted
Posted (edited)
good info now all I have to do is find a good lady to marry that would put up with my set in my ways self th_exactly.gif
As far as I know here in PHILHEALTH Regional Office-10, (Cagayan de Oro) even if you are not married to a Filipina you could still avail it. Just bring a copy of your birth certificate and passport! I could assist you if you wish..no charge. It is only 300 per quarter! If you apply for this quarter, then after March 2010, you could already use it for normal hospital admission. If it is operation you need to be a member for a minimum of 9 months before you could avail! Last month my son, 23 years old was admitted for his severe asthmatic condition, the charged was supposed to be 12K plus, less PHILHEALTH, 5K plus.It helps a lot. Usually hospital here will accept and administer you right away without down payment if you are a member! It is when they will notice that you are exceeding the PH medicine budget that they will start to give the prescription. Hope this helps!daisy Edited by daisy
  • Like 2

Travis
Posted
Posted
As far as I know here in PHILHEALTH Regional Office-10, (Cagayan de Oro) even if you are not married to a Filipina you could still avail it. Just bring a copy of your birth certificate and passport! I could assist you if you wish..no charge. It is only 300 per quarter! If you apply for this quarter, then after March 2010, you could already use it for normal hospital admission. If it is operation you need to be a member for a minimum of 9 months before you could avail! Last month my son, 23 years old was admitted for his severe asthmatic condition, the charged was supposed to be 12K plus, less PHILHEALTH, 5K plus.It helps a lot. Usually hospital here will accept and administer you right away without down payment if you are a member! It is when they will notice that you are exceeding the PH medicine budget that they will start to give the prescription. Hope this helps!daisy
thank you Daisy that is great info to know about

• 2 months later...
Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
You brought up the subject of Seniors Citizens 20% Discount Cards! Here's a gov site that explains it all and to determine who can qualify!http://www.gov.ph/cat_labor/ra7432.aspAlso, here's the currently approved expanded version:http://www.mb.com.ph/articles/239829/bicam-panel-okays-vat-exemption-seniors Edited by Art & Jho