Phil-Health

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

HURRY before its too late and if not then you will pay double.

30 june is the last day

News update. premium increase from 1200 yr to 2400 a yr

1. For Individually-Paying Members (IPMs)

a.The annual premium contribution for IPMs earning an average gross monthly

income of Twenty Five Thousand Pesos (PhP 25,000) and below shall be One

Thousand Two Hundred Pesos (PhP 1,200), if paid before July 1, 2012.

If paid on

or after July 1, 2012, the annual premium contribution shall be Two Thousand

Four Hundred Pesos (PhP 2,400) per year

http://www.philhealt...circ20_2012.pdf

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Cheapest I have found thus far ( That will cover me in the P.I. ) is $300 a month plus $500 deductible. All in U.S.D.

That sounds a bit high for an amateur athlete @ 42 years of age. Resting Heart rate is in the lower 40's and less that 12 % body fat. I even had a blood panel done. Doc said it looked like a very healthy 26-28 year OLD. I already am paying my portion on my city health & travelers emergency insurance.

Not certain what to do at this point.

Suggestions ????

retired
Posted
Posted

Just makes sense to have PhilHealth and the cost is next to nothing so if you ever use once it would pay you more than you paid it . Now , where else can you get a deal like that ? :-)

• Like 2

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

Cheapest I have found thus far ( That will cover me in the P.I. ) is $300 a month plus $500 deductible. All in U.S.D.

That sounds a bit high for an amateur athlete @ 42 years of age. Resting Heart rate is in the lower 40's and less that 12 % body fat. I even had a blood panel done. Doc said it looked like a very healthy 26-28 year OLD. I already am paying my portion on my city health & travelers emergency insurance.

Not certain what to do at this point.

Suggestions ????

Are you referring to US based insurance? If you are full time in Phils get a local plan with Blue Cross or similar. Premiums are far less than that.

daisy
Posted
Posted

Another info that might help:

Although I still don't know if this will apply to foreigners but if you are 60 years old above and have paid at least 10 years for your PH contributions, you can be entitled to a lifetime membership without paying anymore the monthly contributions. I.D for a life time member is available at the Philhealth office nearest to you.

If again I will raise eye brows, just last Friday I was able to help a 72 year old woman who was trying to pay for her premium amidst a minimum of two hours waiting because of the June 30 deadline for 2nd quarter and the 100 pesos per month premium until 2014. After I told her to go to the membership counter and ask about it, she came back to me and gave me a BIG thank you smile! She don't need to pay and was given her lifetime ID.

• Like 4

i am bob
Posted
Posted

Once again Daisy - Great Info!

I believe I read somewhere that we foreigners can get the Lifetime ID but I'm not going to hold my breath in case I am wrong... Once I get over this illness that's keeping me on my back for the last week, I will take a look to see if I can find that info.

Higg-num
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys, As of this monday I will probable pull the trigger on all the international policies. Yes, it is gonna put a big dent in my Cebu budget so I may have to cut out a few things I wanted to do but thats life. I'll keep the health potion of the policy active till I am able to apply through blue cross there. : )

At least for the first few months. My city health insurance WILL cover me in U.S. territories....guess that means guam. I know the city " public servants " policy is contractually bound to cover me in places like Porta Rico. ( Those of us that were sworn / badged / duty to respond had a different benefit package that the rest of the city....thats were it gets confusing. ) Sorry, meter maids & contract court house guards do not count. :no:

• 3 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted
If again I will raise eye brows, just last Friday I was able to help a 72 year old woman who was trying to pay for her premium amidst a minimum of two hours waiting because of the June 30 deadline for 2nd quarter and the 100 pesos per month premium until 2014. After I told her to go to the membership counter and ask about it, she came back to me and gave me a BIG thank you smile! She don't need to pay and was given her lifetime ID.

thank you for helping another, I am sure that this lady(as her family) is deeply indebt to your act of kindness

30Sept was the last day that one could pay at the "OLD" rate,

now the rate is 600p per quarter/2400 p annual

as per my post in another philhealth topic. -Philhealth now helps or pays for Kidney Transplants(with limits)

but i have not seen the article posted yet on the philhealth.gov.ph website

Mike S
Posted
Posted

Hummmmmm .... I think the Philhealth increase is in Jan. 2013 ..... at least that is what they told my asawa when she paid ours on Sept. 27th ..... but maybe she miss-under-heard them ....... :hystery: :hystery:

daisy
Posted
Posted

Once again Daisy - Great Info!

I believe I read somewhere that we foreigners can get the Lifetime ID but I'm not going to hold my breath in case I am wrong... Once I get over this illness that's keeping me on my back for the last week, I will take a look to see if I can find that info.

I think all members will qualify upon reaching 60 years old provided the 10 years premium is PAID off!

• Like 2