Phil-Health

Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

:AddEmoticons04230: here is the newest advisory from philhealth regarding hospitals. http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/advisories/2011/adv03-01-2011.pdfNot able to post it as its a PDF file. hope that this is helpful to those who may need a hospital.

• Like 1

Jake
Posted
Posted (edited)
:AddEmoticons04230: here is the newest advisory from philhealth regarding hospitals. http://www.philhealt...v03-01-2011.pdfNot able to post it as its a PDF file. hope that this is helpful to those who may need a hospital.
Thank you Ed for the health advisory. I will investigate all my options once I get there. Art explained that if you have a preexisting illness, I may not qualify or the premiums may be too high (I have type 2 diabetes). So far, I will be shopping between PI Blue Cross or Philhealth.Thank you once again -- JakePS -- that Philippine Red Cross accidental insurance looks pretty good also. Edited by Jake
korrect my spilling

intrepid
Posted
Posted

So,Is PhilHealth the preferred health insurance in the Philippines for ex pacts?Are there any other insurance writers worth looking into? I have a policyI plan to retain for in the US but after moving to RP in a few years I am unsure what I may do.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
So,Is PhilHealth the preferred health insurance in the Philippines for ex pacts?Are there any other insurance writers worth looking into? I have a policyI plan to retain for in the US but after moving to RP in a few years I am unsure what I may do.
It will depend on the plan you have in the US, either contact them or look on their website and see what it says about coverage outside the US or while traveling outside the US. I have Blue Cross and they will cover me in a Manila hospital or reimburse me for emergency treatment at any hospital and that there was no time to get a pre-approval for while I am outside the US. It is my understanding that anyone who is married to a Filipino can get Phil Health but the coverage they provide is not very much, from those I know who have had to use it, so if I was living here full time, then I would try to get Blue Cross Philippines or another quality health plan. Possibly you can transfer your US plan to one in the Philippines, check to see and that would probably be the best and safest bet for people to try IMHO. There are a number of health plans available here but they often do not cover or accept people with preexisting conditions.

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)

I just read this tid bit of information a few minutes ago on another forum that may interest a lot of single guys or gals out there, that a foreign national can join Philhealth without being married to a Filipino(a) citizen! http://www.philhealt...mbership.htm#m55. Can a foreign national enroll as an Individual Paying Member?YES, the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 7875, as amended by RA 9241, provides for the inclusion to the National Health Insurance Program the citizens of other countries residing and/or working in the Philippines. If the foreign national is employed, he/she shall be registered under the Employed Sector Program. Meanwhile, if he/she is self-employed or merely residing in the country, he/she may enroll as an Individually Paying Member. He/she only needs to accomplish and submit to any PhilHealth office, the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) and a photocopy of his/her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to prove his/her residency in the country.

Edited by Art2ro

Art2ro
Posted
Posted (edited)
I just read this tid bit of information a few minutes ago on another forum that may interest a lot of single guys or gals out there, that a foreign national can join Philhealth without being married to a Filipino(a) citizen! http://www.philhealt...mbership.htm#m55. Can a foreign national enroll as an Individual Paying Member?YES, the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 7875, as amended by RA 9241, provides for the inclusion to the National Health Insurance Program the citizens of other countries residing and/or working in the Philippines. If the foreign national is employed, he/she shall be registered under the Employed Sector Program. Meanwhile, if he/she is self-employed or merely residing in the country, he/she may enroll as an Individually Paying Member. He/she only needs to accomplish and submit to any PhilHealth office, the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) and a photocopy of his/her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to prove his/her residency in the country.
Here's the complete details of RA9241http://www.philhealt...ers/irr2004.pdf Edited by Art2ro

• 3 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

'PhilHealth Sabado II' Set for June 25 - June 15, 2011 :AddEmoticons04230: ON Saturday, June 25, all roads will lead to selected public elementary schools for the second Nationwide PhilHealth Registration Day (NPRD). The massive registration and advocacy activity aims to bring into the National Health Insurance Program (NHIP) new registrants and ensure their access to quality health care services. The activity primarily aims to enlist parents and family members of public school students who are not yet PhilHealth members. People whose lives revolve around the school, such as utility personnel who are not yet PhilHealth members are also being eyed for membership registration. "Apart from registering new members, our goal is to educate them, as well as existing members, about the medical care benefits under the NHIP," said PhilHealth President and CEO Dr. Rey B. Aquino, adding that "...it is important for our members to learn more about their benefits, and how these can be availed of." Dubbed "PhilHealth Sabado. Magseguro. Magparehistro," the whole-day event is being organized by an inter-agency committee spearheaded by the Department of Health (DOH). Aside from PhilHealth, other government agencies participating in the event are the Departments of Education (DepEd), Interior and Local Government (DILG), and Social Welfare and Development (DSWD). Also collaborating for the event are the National Anti-Poverty Commission (NAPC), Leagues of Provinces, Cities, Municipalities and Barangays of the Philippines , as well as non-government, professional, youth and civic organizations. Services that may be available at the different registration sites are acceptance of PhilHealth Member Registration Forms (PMRF), and premium contributions, as well as printing of PhilHealth ID and Member Data Records (MDRs). "There will also be an information, education and communication (IEC) activity at the venues to ensure intensified campaign on PhilHealth benefits," Aquino said. New registrants are advised to bring supporting documents for family members to be declared as their dependents, and premium payment equivalent to at least one quarter's premium (P300.00). "The supporting documents are also required for those updating their MDRs," the PhilHealth Chief said. Heads of families listed in the National Household Targeting System (NHTS) for Poverty Reduction are advised to coordinate closely with their local government units for the availability of their PhilHealth ID cards. The list of registration sites will be released to the media as soon as the names of participating public schools are finalized. (END)http://www.philhealt...1/ph_sabado.htmas stated in other postings Philhealth is not only for natives but for those who Do live here too.very low cost and can help save you or your extended family some money. IF YOU HAVEN'T enrolled TODAY 25 june is the day. :emostrongbow:

Art2ro
Posted
Posted

And remember also, that any foreigner on a permanent 13 a/g visa can also apply for Phil Health Ins! http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/members/individually_paying/faqs/membership.htm#m55. Can a foreign national enroll as an Individually Paying Member?YES, the Implementing Rules and Regulations of RA 7875, as amended by RA 9241, provides for the inclusion to the National Health Insurance Program the citizens of other countries residing and/or working in the Philippines. If the foreign national is employed, he/she shall be registered under the Employed Sector Program. Meanwhile, if he/she is self-employed or merely residing in the country, he/she may enroll as an Individually Paying Member. He/she only needs to accomplish and submit to any PhilHealth office, the PhilHealth Member Registration Form (PMRF) and a photocopy of his/her Alien Certificate of Registration (ACR) issued by the Bureau of Immigration (BI) to prove his/her residency in the country.

• 1 month later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted

Philhealth Advisory Update 6/03/2011 All members under the Employed and Individually Paying Programs areadvised that the implementation of the “Nine (9) Months’ Contribution as aRequirement for Benefits Availment” as stated in PhilHealth Circular No. 25 seriesof 2010 is suspended, subject to further evaluation of concerned operational unitson the proper definition and application of the requirement on sufficient regularityof premium payments.The deferment shall be in effect until our Board of Directors issues theappropriate policy relative to the requirement of “sufficient regularity” asbasis for entitlement to benefits per Section 42 of the Implementing Rules andRegulations of Republic Act 7875, as amended.This new development is contained in PhilHealth Circular 09 s-2011 whichwas published in the Philippine Star, Manila Bulletin and Manila Times last June17, 2011.http://www.philhealth.gov.ph/advisories/2011/adv06-03-2011.pdf

• 9 months later...
Call me bubba
Posted
Posted (edited)

Anyone interested in acquiring Phil-Health it is really simple to do ...... Your asawa will need some form of identification plus birth certificate and marriage license ..... you will need nothing ..... any other dependents will need a birth certificate ...... fill out the application ....... cost is 300p per quarter or 1300p per year ...... we chose the 1300p but up to you ........ Go to SM and take the stairs out side of ACE hardware ... go up to flights and turn left past the chess players in the middle of the corridor ..... the next booth in the corridor is Phil-Health on the backside of the booth ......... takes about 20 mins. and then you can return the next day or later and pick up your card ........ .... they are there Tues. Wed. and Thurs. ........ cut off time is 4:00pm .......... much better then downtown where you need a priority number While you are there go to Health Express across the hall (you can see it from Phil-Health) ....... and get all your vitamins and supplements ...... they will give you 20% off for seniors with a valid ID ......

News update. premium increase from 1200 yr to 2400 a yr

1. For Individually-Paying Members (IPMs)

a.The annual premium contribution for IPMs earning an average gross monthly

income of Twenty Five Thousand Pesos (PhP 25,000) and below shall be One

Thousand Two Hundred Pesos (PhP 1,200), if paid before July 1, 2012.

If paid on

or after July 1, 2012, the annual premium contribution shall be Two Thousand

Four Hundred Pesos (PhP 2,400) per year

http://www.philhealt...circ20_2012.pdf

Edited by Call me Bubba